Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April bypass buddies.

That is fantastic!!! Congratulations.

Thank you KalelsWifey.....hope all is well!! :)

I hope everyone's April surgery went well. Mine was on April 2. I'm down 30 and now at the 3d week stall. I'm enjoying a mechanized diet; this morning I had 2 slices of turkey bacon and a 1/4C scrambled egg. I'm still working on getting enough Protein in each day. How are each of you managing?

That's great news. Before you know it that stall will be over and poof another x amount of lbs gone! 30 lbs impressive. Your Breakfast sounds delish. Now that I have switched to the Isopure Liquid Protein there's no problem with reaching my goal!!! I like the Alpine punch chilled on ice an hour before I drink and mix a packet of fruit punch Crysta lite pack with it. And it's delicious. Perhaps you can try that. For an 11oz bottle it's 40 of Protein.

I guess 4 weeks post-op is the protocol here at mayo. @@KalelsWifey - I don't have staples. I was sewn from the inside and they put surgical glue on the outside. The glue came off a couple of days ago and my incisions are barely noticeable. I have no pain and feel amazing!

Yesterday I started my week 2 menu (thick pourables) and have added a coconut & vanilla yogurt smoothie (2 Dannon Lite & Fit coconut vanilla Greek yogurts + 1/2 cup Premier vanilla Protein Shake in the NutriBullet makes 4 servings) that is to die for. Today, while at Sam's Club, I picked up the 2 pack container of Panera bread Loaded Baked Potato Soup. I mixed 1 cup soup with 1 cup 1% milk in my NutriBullet which makes 4 - 1/2 cup servings. I had 1/2 cup for lunch and it was so delicious. I don't know what I'd do without my NutriBullet. My caloric intake has been averaging around 475 and I'm easily getting 61-63 grams of Protein every day :D

I track all my meals with My Fitness Pal. They have a wonderful Recipe tab where you can put in ingredients and make your own recipes. Then they do all of the nutrition calculations for you. Week 3 I go to a mechanically altered diet. Then I will make my Magic Crust Quiche. I put all of the ingredients in yesterday and a serving will yield: calories 126, protein 11 g, fat 6 g, carbs 7 g, sugar 2 g sodium 116 mg. I'd love to hear if anyone else has any tasty recipes.

This is our new lifestyle and I want to live it to the fullest!!!

Wow thank you for sharing with us, those sound great and will definitely have to try some. I'm so jealous. Our center does Staples and boy do they irritate the heck out of me!! I'm finally getting used to them though. I for the first time since being home from the hospital got to sleep on my side snuggled with my body pillow!!! It was amazing. My husband says, jeez you think since you can sleep on your side you'd want to cuddle. . . I said, yeah I did, my pillow lol. I have missed that (over food) the most! Everyday is something new and exciting. I should look into getting a nutri bullet a lot of people have them, huh. I have MFP but haven't used it since I started this and only on liquids. I will start up on Thursday when Staples come out and next diet stage begins.. Please keep me/us updated and GREAT JOB!!!

I went to get a nutri bullet, but left with the much less expensive Farberware versioN. I have used it several times and am thrilled with it! It was $20.

@@OregonTeacher sounds like a great deal! I had a Magic Bullet but wanted something more powerful. The NutriBullet has a high torque 900W motor and comes with a 32 oz. colossal cup so I can mix more than one serving at a time. That's a huge time saver for me. It also came with 2 - 24 oz. cups and an 18 oz. cup with lids, handles and even a nice little cooler. It will burst open seeds and crack through stems so I'm looking forward to using it in the future to insure I get my raw veggies, chia seeds, etc. in before I'm able to actually eat salads again. I'll be using it next week for the first time to make my Magic Crust Quiche, so I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes :D

OK my April buddies ... I'm just curious ... How many calories, Protein, carbs, fats and sugars were you told to stay within? What we were told at mayo was 400-600 calories, at least 60 grams of protein and low fat and low sugar liquids/foods. Here's what my days 3-11 have averaged so far: Calories 458, Protein 62, Carbs 25 g, Fats 14 g and Sugars 9 g.

I'll I've been counting is Protein & calories. I'm getting at least 60g protein & 400-600 calories. They wanted me to get 800-1000 calories but I can't do that yet. :-)

Hi there, I am day 11 and I would try it. If it were to upset your new tummy somehow I wouldn't repeat it again, but try it.

How's everyone doing?

@@MichelleTN How are YOU doing? I hope your well.

I am feeling better than ever! I had my 2wk fup, y'day which went really well. 6 days more of liquid diet. I was cleared to do the Greek Yogurt as well. I am two pounds away from finally being under 200! ( ???? )!! I haven't been that since before my first daughter. I had my Staples removed and have healed well. I can now begin an increased exercise regimen so all in all I'm ecstatic. I'm so energetic lately and it feels wonderful. I thank my surgeon for giving me my life back and also BP for all the wonderful people I've met who have made this whole process that much easier. Please let me know how you are. My best, X's

Edited by KalelsWifey

@@KalelsWifey So happy you got your staples out! Bet you can't wait to get to onederland :D Yesterday was day 15 post-op for me and I made my magic crust quiche. It was super delish and I was so excited to get to chew something. It didn't upset my new tummy either, which is a win-win. I started my 2 week pre-surgery diet April 7th so it's been a while since I've had real food - LOL! Today I went to lunch with one of my girlfriends at a breakfast/lunch place. I ordered an omelette with all natural white meat chicken, sauteed onions, roasted red peppers and low fat Swiss cheese. I only ate 1/4 of it but it was so tasty. I brought the rest home with the home style potatoes and English muffin which my hubby will eat. The waiter was like, "Do you not like your meal?" I laughed and said, "Oh no, it's quite tasty I'm just not very hungry at the moment". So fat the only thing that hasn't agreed with me was the Tomato Soup.< /p>