Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the wait is going to kill me...

Hi All

This is more of a vent than anything else. I had my first appointment in January and (get this) I didn't qualify because I wasn't heavy enough. I went back for a second appointment and, in February, I had my first qualifying weight. Because of my insurance I have to have 6 months of qualifying weight (surgery will be mid July). I honestly didn't think weighing what I weigh would be THIS mentally taxing. I am miserable every second of every day. I struggle not to cry each morning as I get dressed for work -- none of my clothing fits, my coats don't fit, I struggle to put shoes on. THIS IS HELL. I know I'm doing this for a short term and that the ends will absolutely justify the means but I feel like this is what hell must be like. I'm also completely terrified that once I get my 6th weight registered that my insurance company won't approve me (although I've been reassured multiple times that won't be the case). The doctor I'm working with is very positive and tries to keep me upbeat, he has a great staff who talks me off the ledge constantly. I KNOW in my heart this is the right thing for me, I'm so tired of struggling with weight and yo-yo diets. I'm ready to finally be the person I want to and to not have my weight be an issue.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Have you found something that helps deal with the anxiety?

Thank you :)

I feel the same way! I gained weight to avoid the 6 month supervised diet because I was close to a 50BMI and at 50 or over my insurance waives those requirments. My clothes don't fit it is hard to put on shoes and just move in gerneral. They are fast tracking me but it still feels like this is taking forever.

You don't even look large... but I understand. There's many more reasons WLS should be considered. Hang in there and if you need support, I'm always available. Most of the time simply venting is enough. Goodness knows I've done my fair share over the years!! :)

Irene

Hi All

This is more of a vent than anything else. I had my first appointment in January and (get this) I didn't qualify because I wasn't heavy enough. I went back for a second appointment and, in February, I had my first qualifying weight. Because of my insurance I have to have 6 months of qualifying weight (surgery will be mid July). I honestly didn't think weighing what I weigh would be THIS mentally taxing. I am miserable every second of every day. I struggle not to cry each morning as I get dressed for work -- none of my clothing fits, my coats don't fit, I struggle to put shoes on. THIS IS HELL. I know I'm doing this for a short term and that the ends will absolutely justify the means but I feel like this is what hell must be like. I'm also completely terrified that once I get my 6th weight registered that my insurance company won't approve me (although I've been reassured multiple times that won't be the case). The doctor I'm working with is very positive and tries to keep me upbeat, he has a great staff who talks me off the ledge constantly. I KNOW in my heart this is the right thing for me, I'm so tired of struggling with weight and yo-yo diets. I'm ready to finally be the person I want to and to not have my weight be an issue.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Have you found something that helps deal with the anxiety?

Thank you :)

I am just hair or so taller and weigh about 20 lbs more - I hear ya. I am miserable and I am starting to really dread the humid Florida summer and I normally love the heat. I just cant get myself to buy any new clothes until after I have had surgery (hopefully in May) and have at least lost about 20lbs. I have clothes in my closet from size 13 to 22...and I have been wearing these pretty steadily since hitting the 260s.

@@LilMissDiva Irene - Thank you. That's what everyone has said "but you aren't even that big!" Compared to some, I'm small but compared to others, I'm huge. I've struggled with yo-yo dieting my entire life. I've been diagnosed with PCOS and Hashimoto's - both make weight loss incredibly difficult. I'm just ready to have a permanent tool to help me finally win the weight loss battle.

No it won't because if it did we would all be dead. Waiting stinks but it's worth it. Hang in there!

Edited by Elode

@@lauren8486 I had to do the same thing. I was not quite heavy enough for insurance to cover it. I had to gain. Now I am miserable, also. My surgery is 4/23, THANK GOD! I want this weight GONE! I just cannot wait to not be hungry, to not enjoy food, to watch the pounds melt away. That may a little over-dramatic..but I get it! Hang in there. I think you and I are on our way to slimness and good health.

Ha - tell me about it! I'm going through a 12 month wait for my health insurance to kick in :-/

I understand. I have PCOS and the struggle is real

I began my journey on 4/1/14 (I quit smoking for the sole purpose of having this surgery). I didn't have insurance that covers the surgery (my hubs), so I intended to take out insurance thru my employer in October 2014. (which was not in effect until 1/1/2015). (This was the time I had to ....um....put on "a few" pounds). On June 2, 2014 I had my 1st of 6 PCP appointments to record my weight and discuss diet and exercise. On July 3rd I had a sleep study, found I had sleep apnea...2 weeks later I had Pulmonologist appt, and picked up my CPAP. On Jan 2 2015 I had my first appt with the Bariatric Center.....Had my Psych visit on 2/10, Had my Nutrition class on 2/11, my EGD on 2/25, approved 3 days after the hospital submitted it to insurance and I am awaiting surgery on 4/23. So, in all actuality, this process took me a year and 23 days. (disclaimer.....I will not start smoking again! This is all about ME and good health). The waiting will not kill you. As fast as time fly's, it will be here before you know it....then you'll say...."where did the time go?!" Keep on keeping on!