Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated

I had my surgery on Wednesday 3/25. I am still in SO MUCH PAIN! My doctor only prescribed toradol for pain and it's just not cutting it. How long did you guys experience pain-those of you that had pain? I know some don't have any, but apparently my pain tolerance just isn't very high. I wake up every morning barely able to move, I had tears in my eyes just getting out of bed this morning. I have two little ones and I'm just ready to be back to myself caring for them.

You need some Norcos lol! I made sure my Dr. sent me home with some before I would leave. I would call and see what they can do for you. You may need to go back or send a friend/loved one because they can't call them in but I can't believe they didn't send you home with any real pain relievers.

Edited by Rizzle01

I took Norcos every 4 hours on the dot for the first week. The second week it was about every 6 hours. I am on week 3 and I am still taking them every once and a while. That is a very painful surgery to not have any relief.

I've called them twice. They told me to take Tylenol in addition to the toradol. So I guess I must suffer...I loved my doctor up until this point. I don't understand how you can operate and not provide adequate pain control.

my doc prescribes codeine for his patients, but I'm allergic so he gave me tramadol. I have a HIGH pain tolerance and I thought I was going to die. It got much easier by days 4 and 5. I do wish you had something stronger tho! Not sure how little your littles are, but mine are 11 and 7 and I could not keep up with them at all, at first!

Sorry for your pain -- I hate pain meds so didn't take them. I'm worried that with two little ones you may be overdoing. Your surgery was day before yesterday so you need to be taken care of and not worrying about others. I used ice packs for incisional pain and a heating pad for gas-related pains. For those there is nothing like walking all you can and doing windmill arms, etc. Hope you feel better soon!

My girls are 1 and 3, and I will admit...I have been trying to do too much. Thank goodness today is Friday and hubby will be home for the next two days!

Had almost no pain day 1. I was on a morphine pump. I used very little morphine. By day two no pain. Maybe I am lucky because the Dr. repaired a hiatil and umbilical hernia at the same time. Be careful with norco and all other opiates as they can be habit forming,

I feel for you! I have been recovering With my two kids, a 3 month old and a 4 year old. I fortunately have a super high pain tolerance and hate pain meds so I cut Them out the second day. I had morphine in the hospital and It was the worst, I mean sure my pain was gone but I couldn't sleep, couldn't breathe, but I am very sensitive to medicine so my case is most likely not the usual. When I told My doc I couldn't take the codeine he prescribed he said I could take Tylenol extra strength 500mg every six hours.

The first few days I was getting off the pain meds and all I did was count the hours until my husband came home so I could sleep, the night time feedings were the worst, I was walking around like quasi Modo lol, but by day 4 I was back to my normal self. Hang in there girl, if anything you aren't alone and I feel your pain, it will get better. Call your doc, hope he can do something!

My doc also prescribed norco after my surgery. If you don't find relief with the added Tylenol (and taking it easy) please call your doctor again. You should not have to suffer like that. Not advocating long term use of narcotics but you should have a little to get you through the worst part of it. Just enough to take the edge off. Good luck and congrats on taking the first step to a healthier you!

mb1292 ~ Only Toradol? wow. I was prescribed liquid Vicoden. a the worst pain was from the gas that they put into your abdominal cavity... no pain med will take that away until your body absorbs it... my doctor told me to walk around.... definitely call your doctor! no need to suffer.

They gave me tramadol but walking as much as you can also helps it could be air that's cussing u the pain...had mine in the 3/23 and pain is minimal!! Good luck

Thanks everyone for your input. I called the doctor twice and they didn't seem to want to help me so a family member brought over a few pain pills. Upsets me that my doctor was so against helping me. It's Sunday now and my surgery was Wednesday and I haven't needed anything but the toradol since yesterday afternoon. Had I known this was going to be the case I might have chosen another doctor!

Is it gas pain? I could tell the difference between the 2 and ate gas x for a few days but never had to take any pain medication. Sorry you are in so much pain ????

Yes, I can tell the difference between the gas pain and the other soreness. Gas pain is gone now and my discomfort comes from the horrible soreness at the port site area.