Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just realized that Weight Loss Surgery has ruined my life.

Survivor would be terrible for WLS folks. Protein is extremely scarce and all they have regularly is a little rice. From what I can tell they all gain the weight back, plus (just like any other diet).

My question has always been: who in the world goes on Survivor or the Amazing Race without knowing how to swim (or drive a stick shift for TAR) and expects to be successful?

And how the HELLLLLLLL do you not know how to make fire!?!?!?

I'd love to go on Survivor. WLS ruined that, too. Rice makes me hurl.

Going on Survivor has always been on my bucket list. I am actually submitting my video application this fall. It would be a dream come true. I wanted to apply about 10 years ago- I was thin and fit back then, but my daughter had a lot of health issues and I would not have been able to leave her. Thank god she is now a healthy 16 year old and I can be gone for the 39 days.

I probably won't get picked- but I am sure going to try. Every time I want to skip a workout or not up my intensity I focus on how much physical stamina I will need if my dream comes true.

The diet out there is unhealthy and sparse especially for a bariatric patient, but hey it's just 39 days.

I'm not a fan of reality TV (except cooking shows ironically) but I did sign up for The Warrior Dash this June. Would have never considered it before!! It's motivating me to train and I'm raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital at the same time.

On the note of reality shows, I have had other family members have WLS this past year as well. Collectively we have lost almost 500 pounds. I think we should go on My 600 lb life as a group and make a fortune being models afterwards lol. Anyone else?

OMG that looks fun. Just signed up to get the news about registration opening for the NC runs. Thanks for showing me that!!!

Good for y'all doing those mud runs. They look so much fun. I am trying to find one near me. I would love to try it.

Last October I signed up for a mud run in June. At the time I was thinking it would be great motivation to continue working out over the winter. The closer it gets the crazier I feel for signing up. Several friends said they'd do it, too, but none of them have forked over the registration. So, I was telling my crazy 21 year old son about it and he was like "Oh, I'll do it with you if you promise to finish." So, now, it's some kind of weird mother/son bonding event where he promises he'll stay back with me as long as I finish.

I met with my trainer at the gym for her to give me some exercises to help with an event like this. I need to really work up the upper body strength for all the pulling and climbing stuff. Now I'm doing bear crawls, inchworms, planks... all kinds of things that have my arms and lats aching. But, it'll be worth it when I can finish!

@glitter eyes Try http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_MUCK_homepage to see if there's one close to you.

Nice to know I'm not the only crazy lady wanting to do something completely outside her comfort zone!

@@Ginger Snaps- thanks for the information link. Wish you the best of luck with your first mud run. It's amazing how weight loss surgery makes you start to push yourself out of your comfort zone. I have been thin several times in my life, but not until this time, after WLS, do I find myself having a different kind of zest for life and a seize the moment kind of attitude.

@LipstickLady- you look like you could be your daughters sister!! You go girl!

Oh, come on…we’d be great at the 1,000-year-old egg eating challenge. We’re all professional egg eaters here…at least the whites. :)

LL.... Ill be your partner...

SO not a candidate for Survivor or Great Race one any more given the eating parts--but the really good news is that I'm also no longer a candidate for Biggest Loser or in danger of qualifying for My 600 Lb Life! Yay!! Now that show where you get $5000 to shop for new clothes in NYC has possibilities, right?

Hi lipstickLady,

I was a bit indecisive if I should click to read your post has I'M ONLY a week + out and I'm trying to remove myself from all negative post. Though it got the best of me so I did click and I'm gald I did. You just brighten my evening with your post,so thank you. Prada