Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else a little freaked out when they read older posts by someone who says they are going for surgery and will post all about it and then they never seem to come back around? Is it just me, or does anyone else worry just a little about this?

No,they are probably just busy trying to figure out and a just to the new life. I've seen people come back after long breaks. :)

I was pretty MIA in the first couple months post-op, just re-adapting to life. The surgery definitely throws off all your old routines and changes your priorities. It wasn't until I was mostly recovered and settled back into my new routine that I came back here regularly.

Thanks! That makes me feel better lol

@@Band07 Nope - online life and this board are not for everyone.

This was pretty much me too. I do remember writing a post about how miserable day 2 was but other than that i dont' think I was that active for a couple weeks after.

I was pretty MIA in the first couple months post-op, just re-adapting to life. The surgery definitely throws off all your old routines and changes your priorities. It wasn't until I was mostly recovered and settled back into my new routine that I came back here regularly.

i know what u mean..i just assumed that they are adjusting to the new life..

I dont understand what the adjustment is....I am on almost every day. I like reading everyone's posts. Sometimes, they get me up and motivated because the WLS alone is NO fun!!!!

I was very active in the beginning but life changes made me step back for a some time. So, it happens no reason to get scared.

never seem to come back around?

@@Band07

someone might join one day

couple of days later they might realize this board is just not their cup of tea ;)

some of us get "vested" in someone else's life

heard detailed stories about their situations, problems

one day poof, they are gone :(

can't help but sometimes be a little curious how things turned out for them

many people leave after a year or so as they've approached/reached goal

all their questions have been answered

helped others with support, answers

one day POOF

they are gone too :mellow:

they are just moving on :)

isn't that what life is about???

i've been here 3+ years and you are stuck with me!!! ;)

many have tried, but no one has been able to get rid of me yet :D

54 lbs down, down and dirty

keep up the good work :)

kathy

congrats

Lol I totally get that, my concern was more for the ones who say "my surgery is tomorrow, I'll tell you all about it when I get back " and then don't follow up ????

Nope, you aren't the only one who's wondered this. Since my surgery on Friday, I understand much better though. Sorry I didn't respond to you more quickly. Hope the message I just sent you helps.

Nope, you aren't the only one who's wondered this. Since my surgery on Friday, I understand much better though. Sorry I didn't respond to you more quickly. Hope the message I just sent you helps.

I was worried about you!! lol but there were others too that I had noticed, so glad to have you back and doing well!!

Thank you!!

I think it is just the nature of forums. Ex.- couple of years ago I started reloading and joined a forum for that after lots of reading, posting and doing I got pretty good at it. I posted about 350 times because once I got better at it I was able to start giving back and helping some others.

Once I got what I needed and felt like I had paid back in as well I just faded out. Can go back any time I start reloading again and probably will but my knowledge base just reached a critical mass ya know. Probably happens here too in some cases.