Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks out. How much to eat?

Hi! I will be 8 weeks out this Friday. I have no problems eating but I never exactly feel hungry. I make sure I have my meals and get enough Protein a day. But I am not getting enough Water. Max is usually like 2 bottles 16 oz each. Now what's more important. Getting my protein or water ?!! If indo feel hungry should I drink not eat?

Breakfast is premeireprotein shake

lunch is either a yoghurt or a turkey and cheese roll up 1 oz each dinner is most likely seafood or chicken not much and I'll have a snack like 1/2 Quest bar or 1/4 quest bar with a tbsp of nuts n more Peanut Butter.

I'm struggling with Fluid as well and we have the same time frame. I probably get 32 - 40 oz most days. I don't think I've hit 64 since I was sleeved. I know it's impacting my weight loss, but it's very hard for me.

Doesn't have to be Water get Gatorade2 and try to supplement with that I sip on it plus another person said they got a water jug and started at the beginning of the day and every hour or so drank a glass that gave her the guide to go by. Kinda have to use what works for you...

It's 64 ounces of Fluid. It should be mostly Water, but it's fluids that count. If you Protein Shake is 11ounce and you're drinking 32 ounce of water, that's 43 ounces of fluids. Try to work in one more bottle of water and you're set (sorta).

Well I have the pre made shakes just because it's easier in the morning on the go. And by Water I mean any fluids. Water crystal lite g2. I try not to drink anything besides water because g2 even has a lot of sugar in it. And I find that if its not ice cold it makes me feel nauseous! I never felt that way before surgery. The only days I get more fluids is when I'm at the gym. Usually during spin I can finishing off a bottle (which usually takes me hours). It's so annoying

I am 3 weeks out and definitely struggling with getting my Water in. It if very frustrating because I used to drink so much every day prior to the sleeve now it not that is doesn't sit well it just feels like I don't want it. I am getting in 2 Protein shakes which is 2 bottles of Water and then 1 more bottle of water with Crystal Light. My urine is still clear so I guess I am not getting dehydrated!

I don't know of everyone's protocol but my Protein Shakes counted as my Fluid count as well. I also bought the flavour Protein packs that added to Water was wonderful! They were high in protein and i got both in at once..

I'm struggling with Fluid as well and we have the same time frame. I probably get 32 - 40 oz most days. I don't think I've hit 64 since I was sleeved. I know it's impacting my weight loss, but it's very hard for me.

i did what i could tolerate try not beat yourself up. I had to work my way up myself. It took me months to get up to protocol on mine. Just continue doing your best. ????

With all my complications the surgeon said hydration first Protein second. I use Powerade zero. No calories or sugar. I try and drink that instead of just Water for the extra electrolytes since I probably am only drinking like 24 Oz of fluids a day

I have few problems eating at the same 7 week stage, but I get hungry really regularly so I have to "watch it" and think carefully like the pre-op diet.

I'm quite envious of those who say their hunger has disappeared, that would make things so much easier? however can't complain as foods that people said would be torture for sure (like soft bread) are actually OK if I take just a bite or two.

Well this is the thing I sometimes get hungry but idk if I should drink or eat. My nut said no raw veggies or anything of that sort til month 3 and NO carbs like breads and such til month 6. So the most carb thing I have tried was oatmeal but only because I made Protein muffins with Protein Powder and called for a cup of that but oatmeal was on my list of okay foods in my soft stage. So i can go all day without eating but I make myself. Should i not be doing that?

Well this is the thing I sometimes get hungry but idk if I should drink or eat. My nut said no raw veggies or anything of that sort til month 3 and NO carbs like breads and such til month 6. So the most carb thing I have tried was oatmeal but only because I made Protein muffins with protein powder and called for a cup of that but oatmeal was on my list of okay foods in my soft stage. So i can go all day without eating but I make myself. Should i not be doing that?

I can easily go all day without eating, but that's not good for you. You don't need to eat a lot, but you should aim for at least 3 meals a day and you really want to make sure you hit your protein and Fluid levels.

My NUT says the Protein shakes do not count towards Fluid intake :mellow:

I think that's unrealistic so early out, to drink 3 Protein Shakes per day AND 64 ounces of Water AND 3 meals.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I usually get about 40-50 ounces of fluids not counting the shake.

I jut make sure I hit at least 60g of Protein and I usually only need 1 shake and/or 1/2 Quest bar if 90% of my meal food comes from high protein sources like egg, chicken, greek yogurt, etc.

I am finding I am hungry less and less and it is actually getting a bit harder to get it all in because I can get distracted and don't have any urgent thirst or hunger anymore.

When i have the days that i have no appetite i make sure i keep the Protein whey shots in my fridge. But that doesn't happen often.im mostly eating every 2 to 3 hrs..i upped my fats (no ff or lowf) and my meats are grass fed organic and its made a big difference in staying satisfied longer with alot fewer as in no cravings. Im to stay away from breads,pastas,rice, bad carbs till i reach goal. But the bread turning into a ball and getting stuck is all i needed for motivation to not eat it..haha..i also use the stevia Water Enhancer flavors when i want something other then tea..i started back drinking chike and its really helped as well. The eating smaller all day (not grazing) has obviously worked for me. Still only get less then 3oz per setting

When is everyone allowed raw veggies??? I can't wait for a salad. My nut said 3 months. I'm getting bored with my food