Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if I'm the only one...

So I am almost 6 months out and have endured thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year challenges, but Spring Break got me. It's the first time I've gained 2lbs. I worked out everyday, which I am proud of, but ate too freely. I didn't measure foods and snacked on my weaknesses (chips, crackers and any carb). I'm trying not to be down on myself because I've lost 80 lbs and that's what I'm focusing on. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll jump back in... Has anyone else experienced a small set back!?? One thing I will say, is I'm excited that tomorrow is a new day and I'm looking forward to my routine again.

Two pounds? Was that a typo? You consider two pounds a setback? WOW!!! :P

No seriously. I fluctuate by five pounds every few days. It could be sodium, it could be Water, it could be your menstrual cycle, it could be the time of day. Seriously. Two pounds is nothing.

For real.

:D

Ok ok ok... I think one reason it was so hard to handle was because it put me back over 200. I got to Celebrate ONEderland for a couple days, then BAM!!! I swore I'd never see 200 again, but I guess I set myself up for failure. Thanks for replying tho...:)

TeacherMommy, Yes. I was sleeved on Aug 11. The last couple of months is when the huey hit the fan. I have to stay diligent and work a little harder now. I gained 2lbs recently. I know its not a lot to worry about and can be tackled in a reasonable amount of time. But its scary when you see that scale go up....and you know its because your hand slipped into that bag of chips or the cookie jar a couple times too many. You know you are stepping back instead of forward....it really sucks. I get it, completely. But....tomorrow is Monday. I have set my ninja on the counter and am ready to hit the smoothie in the morning. I took a good look at my cupboards and my refrigerator and decided to line up my Snacks and meals for the week. I got my journal and pen sitting on the desk. Plan is to stay focused and hit Planet Fitness right after work at least 3 days this week...if not more! Focus, focus, focus!

PS. I also informed my son (its just him and me) that there will be no potato chips, peanuts or gummie bears in the house for a while! Cant hurt him to take a step back and regroup either!

Don't worry about two pounds- once you're back on track, you will be right back to losing. I have been one pound from goal for literally almost 3 months. I fluctuate down to 130 and up to 134, when I wake up and I'm in the 134's I pay attention to what I eat that day and I'm back to 132. Then I do nothing and I magically gain a pound or lose 3 or gain 4 and lose 2, ultimately I stay within the 130-134 range and I try not to be seriously irked that I cannot for the life of me hit the 129 number.

Hope you had a nice spring break- mine was WAY to short!

Mine was certainly too short... I'm sure the emotional part of this is knowing I have to work tomorrow. Hahahaha 49 days until summer, but who's counting?! ;)

I'm almost 6 months out and feel like I'm at a standstill! The most frustrating part is that I have NOT had any setbacks with eating! I've never cheated. Not one time and not one bite. I'm so frustrated!!!

Ok ok ok... I think one reason it was so hard to handle was because it put me back over 200. I got to Celebrate ONEderland for a couple days, then BAM!!! I swore I'd never see 200 again, but I guess I set myself up for failure. Thanks for replying tho... :)

I feel you. That's a hard number to see again. Move your ass, lady! You will lose it fast. :D

It's normal, sounds like your getting back on it so no worries :)

I am counting!!! I have 2 weeks off and then have to teach summer school though :blush:

Mine was certainly too short... I'm sure the emotional part of this is knowing I have to work tomorrow. Hahahaha 49 days until summer, but who's counting?!