Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK. So I can seriously eat anything..............HELP!

I am feeling pretty disappointed. Since having my gastric bypass eight weeks ago, I have lost 27.5 pounds. I am plenty happy with that. It's just that nothing, and I mean nothing, bothers my stomach. I can eat anything I want with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever. I actually chose the bypass because of the side affects it usually brings. I am worried that it will have a bearing on my future weight loss. Is there anyone else out there who is in the same predicament? How did you do long term? I am currently eating 900-1000 calories a day. I know that is a lot of calories for most people, but I am losing around 2 pounds a week, which is what my goal is. Does anyone have experience with this?

I can also eat almost anything without repercussions. You just have to be stronger that you had expected to be. Really try to stick to the basics and be diligent.

Keep the focus and you'll be great!!!!

I'm down about 90 pounds now.

I've yet to find anything I can't eat. I've averaged 2 # a week. Now I can't eat as much as I used to could. The only thing I haven't tried is Pasta. I plan on trying it soon.

@@brown eyed gal@ @esskay77, I am so glad I am not alone. And you both seem to be doing great! Thanks for the encouragement. :) Do you mind me asking? How many calories do you eat in a day? And do you measure your food?

How do you keep things under control? Thanks again. I really appreciate your responses.

Just because you can eat (tolerate) it doesn't mean you should. They gave me a food plan for a reason and I know the types of food that got me to the point of needing surgery, so, even if I can eat what I want, I am staying with what is good for me.

Try to stick to the plan. After hearing some horror stories from when people deviated I am not sure I would want that to happen so I don't plan to deviate too much. But if you are losing 2 pounds per week that sounds about right. It may catch up with you at some point. Good luck.

@@Jols I can tolerate everything. This is very challenging. I also don't have the "full" feeling that most others get. I am looking for others that can relate and help me. I am happy for your weight loss success. You look like you are doing great. But, unfortunately, I am not like you. But thanks for your advice anyhow.

I'm so glad that you posted this because I have been feeling the same way. I am six weeks post op and luckily have not had any issues with food. I also do not experience that full feeling others do. I eat right and I prepare smaller portions than I normally would but sometimes after I eat I feel I could still eat more. Not that he can really do anything but, I'm going to bring this up with my Dr. in a couple of weeks when I go.

I can now eat almost anything as well and some cravings has returned. I was hoping the surgery would be a cure all for the cravings... It's not. Being delivery in eating healthy and with control is the key, I suppose. Easier said than done at times though.

I seem to be able to eat more than I thought I should. As far as anything I haven't done that yet. My belly will hurt hours after I eat though.

I am sooo glad to hear others have the same issues that I have. It's good to know that everything is ok and not broken. lol It looks like we are losing at the same pace too. I said in another post that when I was doing Weight Watchers I would have been thrilled to lose two pounds a week. So I am equally thrilled now. Thanks to everyone for their honest answers.

I don't count calories!! I still count grams of Protein and also try to count grams of carbs and fats though not as successful with those last 2. But I am still careful about them!!

Counting calories drove me crazy but counting grams of Protein is so much easier, especially since that is my main focus.

I have not been following the plan as well as I should and my weight loss has stalled. When I get back on it, it drops again. I need to get back to keeping my food journal, too. All the things that I know I need to do, I had stopped doing and that is when the weight loss stopped. So, I'm getting back on the bandwagon.

Because I can eat anything without dumping syndrome, it's a bit more difficult but not impossible. Even though I'm "not following the plan", I actually kind of am just not as diligently as I should.

If you eat your protein first and follow the rules (chew chew chew, don't drink with your meals, etc.) you don't really need much else or want much else.

I am trying to find acceptable Desserts to have when I need a snack. sugar free popsicles are a great one! Fresh berries work well. And fat free cottage cheese mixed with sugar free/fat free cheesecake flavored Jello pudding, vanilla Protein powder, lite cool whip, and a few tablespoons of skim milk is amazing!!! And you don't need much to be satisfied.

Best of luck

I have the same concerns regarding portions and calories. I imagine I could tolerate anything, but I have not tried. Any new food that I have been allowed to introduce by my drs. guidelines I have tolerated just fine. I am suspicious that I could eat anything I want. However, so far (thanks be to Jesus!), I have had the willpower to not test it.

I am eating anywhere from 800-1000 calories a day; but like @@esskay77 , I am not concentrating on calories - I am concentrating on Protein. I even brought it up at support group meeting a couple weeks ago and was told to stay focused on the Protein not calories. I will be 8 weeks out this Friday, so we must have had our surgeries around the same time.

If you would like, we could "friend" each other on MyFitnessPal and you can see my food journal. I have found that it is a good way to kind of benchmark with others and get fresh ideas for Snacks and meals. I have input several of my recipes for my Breakfast quiche muffins, meatloaf in muffin tin, chocolate PB protein balls, etc. and so I know the nutritional value per serving which makes it easy to track. I love it. My username is rragon.

Good luck!

I, too, can eat anything...I did over eat last night and I won't do that again. My stomach said stop and I went a bite or two more and boy, did I regret it!! I am 3 weeks out and I eat chicken, ribs, just about any Protein I can get my hands on the portions are just WAY smaller than what I usually eat. I am still losing the weight so things are going great...

I can tolerate foods very well. I haven't had Pasta, but I've had a little rice and potatoes. I'm not really nauseous. I'm doing my fitness pal to make sure I'm getting my Protein in. I average 800-1000 cals/day. I'm so scared to try sugar or fatty foods, I don't want to dump. I think everyone is different. I have a bypass friend who can tolerate sugar and one who cannot. It's easy stay on track now but I'll be sad if later on I don't get the dumping to keep me in line, it wasn't my fail safe but was a back up plan lol. I think I'm holding off on trying sugar and alcohol till I'm at goal. But I'm truly satisfied with my food right now.....

Edited by MisforMimi