Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok thanks for the help cause taken sips just don't quench my thirst and i was afraid to take a big one because I didn't know what would happen but if it's cramps I can deal with u no us woman goes thru cramp every month lol

How long since u had the surgery

Lol yeah I just cramped, no harm. However I didn't do a giant gulp but I just took a bigger sip then a baby sip lol. I had my surgery March 5, and I'm feeling so much better already. I had such a tough recovery but in a week I was fine

It would have to be sugar free , unless your diabetic . If I drink anything with sugar i could get dumping syndrome. I've only been wanting ice cold Water though, although I'm missing diet Pepsi like crazy

Why can someone who is diabetic have sugar after surgery and not get dumping syndrome?
They make them do half juice half water

I read that in my packet lol The Water dilutes it greatly though.

Why was it so rough, I actually have been ok just struggling with liquids and Protein, also since the bypass it's seem like I can't sleep like I have developed insomnia I don't go to sleep until around 3 or 4 am n before I had the surgery I was able to go around 10 no later then 12

Edited by pingram11

As a side note about hiccups... I'm not sure that it's the air or newness to surgery that does it. I'm almost exactly 5 months out and get the hiccups every single time I eat. Without Fail. It used to really annoy me, but in the process I learned that it was my body's way of telling me I'm full, so I wait patiently, and they subside within a couple of minutes :)

I got mines from Walmart u have to read the small wording it will say no sugar added instead of directly saying sugar free

No sugar added doesn't mean that it's sugar free. Apples naturally contain sugar, so the juice has sugar from the apples. "No sugar added apple juice is better for you than the sweetened type but still has quite a few calories as it has natural sugar. 1 cup of unsweetened apple juice has 115 calories and 28 grams of carbohydrate, the same calories as 8 oz of soda and none of the Fiber of a whole apple. It would be healthier to eat the whole apple." Yep, 28g of carbs in one cup.