Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, My name is Sarah and my surgery date is set for April 13th 2015, my pre op appointment is tomorrow..im so nervous.. but am also very excited to start a new healthier chapter in my life, and would love to have some friends to talk to that are going through the same journey I am about to.. Thank you :)

Good luck Sarah! I'm nervous too as my surgery is tomorrow! I'll let you know how things are coming along....

Good luck on your journey Sarah and congrats on your date. My date is the 31st and I am just as nervous. We will be ok and on the losers bench real soon.

virgo66 How exciting!! Im sure everything will go just fine cant wait to hear on how things are going for you and mstee83 I hear you on that cant wait to get things moving good luck and congrats to you both!! ☺

Good luck to all of you. I had my surgery on March 13, and already know it was the best decision I ever made! Just know that the first day is the worst, because of the terrible gas pains - they feel like someone is squeezing your insides. But, then they gradually go away, and you start to feel better. Let the nurses help you get up to walk. That helps the gas go away some.

Once you are home, drink as much Water as possible, but slow. I tried to get up and walk around the house, or at least to another room once an hour or so. It really helped! Luckily, incisions are not a problem, so once your pain subsides, you will be getting use to the new diet, and way of eating. Again, best of luck!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products