Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me what makes YOU special.

@@Elode,

Under your name it say "Bariatic Hero". I think you are just a straight no chaser SHE-RO! Amazing story. Congratulations on your multiple successes! :)

Lol! Thank you very much! It's funny how your life can change :)

I went to a 30 year high school reunion last October. I looked forward to seeing most of the people but my real motivation was to see the 'mean girls'. The ones in jr high and high school that belittled me, called me fat or ugly, and made a point to exclude me from anything that was happening. I had seen their pictures etc on Facebook and I knew that the years had not been kind to them. I figured I would go and we would see what kind of comments they felt like making now. Kind of like a How Do You Like Me Now type of thing.

So i get there, the mean girls are there and I find myself talking with them. As much as I wanted to rub it in their faces i just couldn't. They had frumpy hair, were mostly pretty hefty ladies at this point, some had terrible teeth, and they all had a look of defeat in their eyes when they saw me. I couldn't do it. I felt sorry for them because the cute popular girls they used to be had been replaced with old and frumpy. So instead of getting my long anticipated revenge i ended up being the most gracious, friendly, caring person you've ever met. Can you believe it?? All you want is a little satisfaction but no...instead you cannot bring yourself to treat others as they once treated you. Go figure!

@@sharonintx

I'm proud of you. What you truely did was set an example by being the wonderful you are. Always be the one that smells like a rose.

Living well is the best revenge.

@@ProjectMe @@sarahbeth3569

wow, you guys are twins??? :o

i see the resemblance :lol:

your "better" half weight??? :unsure:

thin, obese, morbidly obese???

NORMAL????

kathy

Lol my twin is super thin & fit...an RN...and working on her way to Nurse Praticioner. I have always been bigger than her. I'm the The "fat" twin (eye roll) :) but she's never judged me....especially when she's run out of money or is hungry for a good southern meal cooked :) lol

I grew up (and survived) the 60s and experienced EVERYTHING it had to offer, and I mean EVERYTHING!....in 1970 I went into the military and did 2 tours of Vietnam...when I got out i went to college and got my degree...

I have been to just about everywhere in the USA, (and around the world)...lived in a few different areas including California, Oklahoma and others...I quess that's why people say I don't talk like I'm from NJ....

I quess what I'm saying, there is not much I have not seen, or experienced. have/had known many good friends and families from every different race, culture ethnicity, etc...

I've been rich as many times as I have been poor...Spent nights in 5 star hotels, and on the floor of home made cabins in Colorado or the cliffs in Baha.....

I am now in the medical field, and without to much detail I see new patients and their families 3-4 days a week...people say, and comment on how I can immediately make people feel at ease, and get their trust as though we grew up together...people are simply looking for someone to help them, not BS them....

Life has taught me a lot of things....most of all, LOVE!

Life can be very miserable if you don't have some love and genuine interest for everyone and everything around you.

And learn to laugh!!!! If people don't accept you, then F*** em if they can't take a joke!

Edited by B-52

@B-52..... you have always been one of my favorite people here.... Thanks for sticking around

Edited by bayougirlmrsc

1) I am a lifelong learner. Since I've been an adult, I've gotten my MBA, learned to play harp, taken all kinds of art and Fiber art lessons. I've learned to card and spin wool into yarn, weave and knit.

2) I am brave. I've been on a couple of mission trips with my church to Kenya and India. I had this surgery and took that chance on changing my life. I signed up and ran some 5k races last year and I've signed up for a mud run in June. I'm nervous about doing some of these things but I decided not to live my life based on what seems scary at first. I left an unhappy marriage after 15 years but didn't let it make me bitter or hateful. And the rewards of an independent, happy life are MORE than enough return for any pain I went through.

I survived breast cancer (so far) and was diagnosed 11 months before my husband was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. So we were both battling cancer at the same time. I took care of him the whole time here at home and was with him when he died. But we raised two beautiful children and I now have 3 beautiful grandchildren that my husband never got to see.

I grew up (and survived) the 60s and experienced EVERYTHING it had to offer, and I mean EVERYTHING!....in 1970 I went into the military and did 2 tours of Vietnam...when I got out i went to college and got my degree...

I have been to just about everywhere in the USA, (and around the world)...lived in a few different areas including California, Oklahoma and others...I quess that's why people say I don't talk like I'm from NJ....

I quess what I'm saying, there is not much I have not seen, or experienced. have/had known many good friends and families from every different race, culture ethnicity, etc...

I've been rich as many times as I have been poor...Spent nights in 5 star hotels, and on the floor of home made cabins in Colorado or the cliffs in Baha.....

I am now in the medical field, and without to much detail I see new patients and their families 3-4 days a week...people say, and comment on how I can immediately make people feel at ease, and get their trust as though we grew up together...people are simply looking for someone to help them, not BS them....

Life has taught me a lot of things....most of all, LOVE!

Life can be very miserable if you don't have some love and genuine interest for everyone and everything around you.

And learn to laugh!!!! If people don't accept you, then F*** em if they can't take a joke!

Awesome post, @@B-52 . I appreciate your continuing presence here and the common sense and wisdom about WLS that you dispense.

What's so special about me?

I don't know how to properly respond to the question.

Lets see:

Served 7 years and a few months in the US Army.

Met my husband and married him in Texas. Therefore, I am a "naturalized" Texan.

I was in Korea when we got married. Husband had to arrange entire wedding ceremony. He sent me an invitation to my own wedding. He said: "I wanted to make sure you would show up"

Finally got my Bachelors degree in business after years of working full time and taking only one class a semester.

My husband is disabled and has had health problems since 2001. I have changed wet/dry dressings, helped seal wound vac dressings, given injections and have taken care of my husband. I have learned a great deal, unfortunately by experience of things dealing with wound care.

I had WLS on December 11, 2013 and began the challenge of changing the way I live life every day.

My husband had attempted to have WLS but one of the best surgeons in the country was not able to do it and I was BEYOND devastated. I saw all my dreams of our new life together go up in smoke and it took me quite some time to come to grips with it.

I have four "fur-babies" who love me and are so excited when I come home--OK at least the dogs. The cats barely notice.

I've rambled on long enough.

Blessings to all,

Kathleen

I have cheated death 4 times.

I was born 8 weeks premature, weighing just 3 lbs and 4 oz. I was in a terrible car wreck in high school that killed my best friend... I was ejected and was in ICU for 3 weeks with a year long recovery. When I was 19 I was on the back of a motorcycle and we were hit by a drunk driver on the highway, which rolled me 150 feet up an overpass. When I was 22 I was in another car accident, we were rear ended by a car going in excess of 90 mph... killed my friend that was driving the car.

I have broken so many bones I cant keep count... pelvis in 6 places, both legs, an arm, a wrist, numerous fingers and toes, etc..., ( had so many lacerations and stitches as well, especially on the head injuries). 2 severe concussions, one with brain swelling. It is amazing and beyond explanation that I have no visible scars, limp, or any obvious traces of all my various injuries.