Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is true that you can carry a card where say WLS and get a children meal? At restaurants ! Off topic. Sorry!

I seem to recall some restaurants or a particular chain honoring that but from what I remember if it's a franchise, it's up to the management of a particular restaurant to determine whether they want to honor that or not.

@@Cleo's Mom

Tech question answer, just type in the @ symbol followed by the user name.

Hope this helps :-)

Edited by onmywaytobeingfound

@onmywaytobeingfound There is also a little blue "@Mention" button at the bottom of everyones username profile. It tags that post and notifies the person that a response was made to them.

Don't let some people ruin your experience with this forum. Sometimes you just need to vent. And you do t need a bunch of so called experts ruin it for you. People seem to think that because what works for them then it is gospel. It's not! We are all very different, we all go through the surgery with different experiences. You will work it out, I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I wish I could just eat a piece of cake. A big piece of cake not a couple bites. Lol. But when I go shopping for new clothes or out on my designer jeans and they look good. That makes me happier than the sadness that I can't eat like normal people. Keep your chin up. And just ignore the remarks that are not kind. You can do this, It's not even a day to day thing....its a minute to minute thing.

@@Cleo's Mom In response to your post, when you want to address someone specifically you can just use the @ symbol and their name, or I click on the @mention underneath their name on the left because it's faster and I don't spell their name wrong then, lol.

In regards to the rest of your post, everyone has the right in an online forum to say whatever they choose within reason. If you don't like what they have to say, you have the right to tell them that. If someone misinterprets your post and wants to pass judgement about the fact that they think you're eating a fast food kids meal, then they are allowed to do that and you are allowed to correct them. For example, you didn't like my post and you basically told me that (good for you!), and my response to that is, I'm sorry hun, I don't particularly care. I stand by what I originally said. You're in an online forum, if you can't handle the fact that not everyone is going to always agree with you and not everyone is always going to be nice, then don't be part of an online chatroom. This is the Internet, not preschool- no one is required to be nice to you.

That being said, if you read my posts, to my knowledge I have never been mean or hurtful to anyone. I give my honest opinion and if I really don't agree with someone I either don't post at all or I post a sandwich reply (good, bad, good) so I don't inadvertantly hurt someone's feelings. I agree that it would be nice if everyone was always sunshine and daisies, but I use the internet and online forums knowing that not everyone is always going to agree with me and if they don't, I stick up for myself, just like in the real world.

@@proudgrammy well put! I'm sure all can agree at some point and time we can use a "emotional response"! its like the
"fight or flight" response. I know for me since day 1 of surgery my "mind or thinking" changed "instantly"! it was as if the switch for food was flipped off! especially for me wrong foods. I give HI 5's to those still with kids at home, cooking and dealing with those pressures day to day. my kids are married. we have been empty nesters for 8 yrs now..I remember them days like they were yesterday. here I go again with the chatter box! anyways we are all here to cheer and to relate what has worked and what not works! great place to come for help and "sincere" input!! :)

I really, really appreciate the support of this sight. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, clarify before you jump all over someone! Words (especially the written word) can be misconstrued. I posted recently about a 4 week depression and doubting my decision. I mentioned eating a kids meal (portion!) and suddenly I am hanging out at McDonalds! Seriously?? I had a kids meal at Red Robin. It consisted of grilled chicken skewers with no sauce, and steamed/undressed broccoli (which I highly recommend if you are looking for a fun place to go with small/healthy options.) The drink was a diet lemonade, which I drank much later on the drive home. A perfectly health, reasonable choice. I was depressed because I was only able to eat about a third of it! Other restaurants have kids meals! Albeit, most consist of mac 'n cheese and hotdogs, but not all restaurants. I am trying very hard to go places with my family and not screwing up. These comments, however well meaning their intent, have really upset me, and I am seriously thinking of "checking out" of this site.

Yea I saw where someone misinterpreted your meaning. Either that or they didn't read all the posts. I'm glad u straightened that out.. :)

I don't normally participate in any online forums because of the bad behavior that I have witnessed. i joined this one for support and have enjoyed the support and many of the posts.

For the most part, people on here are interesting and have good feedback. For the ones that don't I consider that maybe they just weren't raised right and ignore it. :)

While this is a public support forum I would and i'm sure we all would appreciate constructive criticism not criticism for arguments sake. I feel for the OP who came and posted and was made to feel the way she has. Its very unfair to make assumptions, please ask if you are unsure of what the OP means etc.

We all have different journeys, not everyone has been educated about the specific operations each of us have had. Some people have had amazing amount of education about the sleeve pre op, but some like me have not had all that much and are still learning and taking it one day at a time and trying to read as much about it on this site as there is amazing information on here and amazing support. Whenever something new arises we come to see if someone else has gone through what we are going through and hopefully guide us through our issues etc.

I ask for everyone to be patient with one another, please

wishing you all every success with your weight loss journeys xox

@@Cleo's Mom In response to your post, when you want to address someone specifically you can just use the @ symbol and their name, or I click on the @mention underneath their name on the left because it's faster and I don't spell their name wrong then, lol.

In regards to the rest of your post, everyone has the right in an online forum to say whatever they choose within reason. If you don't like what they have to say, you have the right to tell them that. If someone misinterprets your post and wants to pass judgement about the fact that they think you're eating a fast food kids meal, then they are allowed to do that and you are allowed to correct them. For example, you didn't like my post and you basically told me that (good for you!), and my response to that is, I'm sorry hun, I don't particularly care. I stand by what I originally said. You're in an online forum, if you can't handle the fact that not everyone is going to always agree with you and not everyone is always going to be nice, then don't be part of an online chatroom. This is the Internet, not preschool- no one is required to be nice to you.

That being said, if you read my posts, to my knowledge I have never been mean or hurtful to anyone. I give my honest opinion and if I really don't agree with someone I either don't post at all or I post a sandwich reply (good, bad, good) so I don't inadvertantly hurt someone's feelings. I agree that it would be nice if everyone was always sunshine and daisies, but I use the internet and online forums knowing that not everyone is always going to agree with me and if they don't, I stick up for myself, just like in the real world.

I am an assertive person who sticks up for myself and others who I feel have been unfairly criticized.

There are ways to tell someone you think they're on the wrong track. Insulting them in a way that makes you sound superior is not the way. Offer practical suggestions or things others have used that have worked.

No one expects rainbows and butterflies and while this is if public forum with freedom of speech (an oft used excuse to be rude) there are ways to get your point across. @@JamieLogical does this very well. She's one of the better posters.

I've been on these forums for almost 4.5 years - back when it was only the lap band forum. I've seen it all - including fights that caused people to leave.

I hope that doesn't happen here.

I really, really appreciate the support of this sight. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, clarify before you jump all over someone! Words (especially the written word) can be misconstrued. I posted recently about a 4 week depression and doubting my decision. I mentioned eating a kids meal (portion!) and suddenly I am hanging out at McDonalds! Seriously?? I had a kids meal at Red Robin. It consisted of grilled chicken skewers with no sauce, and steamed/undressed broccoli (which I highly recommend if you are looking for a fun place to go with small/healthy options.) The drink was a diet lemonade, which I drank much later on the drive home. A perfectly health, reasonable choice. I was depressed because I was only able to eat about a third of it! Other restaurants have kids meals! Albeit, most consist of mac 'n cheese and hotdogs, but not all restaurants. I am trying very hard to go places with my family and not screwing up. These comments, however well meaning their intent, have really upset me, and I am seriously thinking of "checking out" of this site.

Please, please don't leave. There are so many people here who support you. There are also people going through the exact same thing as you, reading your posts, feeling that somebody else gets it, that they are not alone.

And you aren't alone! I am coming up on 4 months post-op, and just last night I got frustrated and felt the same way you do. I have lost so much weight, my diabetes has completely disappeared, I have come off of some of the zillion meds I take for my many chronic health conditions, but when I got my first case of dumping syndrome, after having 3 tablespoons of ice cream (it's my birthday, I wanted to Celebrate a little!) I just got so frustrated. I can't even Celebrate my birthday like a normal person! My frustration passed, but it was definitely there. You're not alone!