Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10-15 vitamins a day?

I only take 2 mutivitamin pills (AM & PM), which has calcium citrate in it already, 1 B12 and 1 Biotin.

Does your Multivitamin not have Iron? You aren't supposed to take Iron and Calcium at the same time because they compete for absorption, so I would be surprised if the make of your Vitamin included both in the same pill. If your Multivitamin doesn't include iron, have you had any issues with anemia?

That's great @@ProjectMe!! But yea I wasn't complaining just curious as to what the norm is! This is life changing therefore I'll adapt either way but I pray it's minimal meds!

The one thing you will soon discover is that there are many different protocols for bariatric programs. Some doctors are very conservative and basically have patients following the same vitamin/supplement protocol as bypass patients. Some simply recommend a multivitamin. It's good to hear different opinions here on the forums but ultimately you need to follow the instructions you get from your doctor/nutritionist. These are the people you have entrusted with your care. They are the ones responsible for making sure you have regular bloodwork and recommend any adjustments. If you take any other supplements outside of what is recommended, they are the one should discuss and review that with. Develop good communication with them to make sure you are doing what's best for you.

Definitely varies by dr and or blood work. I take

2 Calcium

1 prenatal multi Vitamin

2 Vitamin D

1 vitamin B12

1 cymbalta

These are required

I also throw in

2 Omega three oils

2 Vitamin C

So that's 11 a day for me a person that hates taking pills. I'm used to it now.

@@jacileggs - Why cymbalta? My sister takes that for her fibromyalgia.

AM: 1 omeprazole

1 sublingual B12

1 Calcium

1 multi

PM: 1 Calcium

1 multi

@@jenbaby75 Thx for posting :). I noticed that you are taking the multi with the Calcium. Does your multi include Iron? Are you taking them at the same time? If so, iron. & calcium cannot be taken within 2 hours of each other. Just thought I'd let you know :)

I separate my Calcium and multi by 2 hours :) I take my omep, calcium, and B12, have a Protein Drink. Then 2 hours later, I make a little food, because I have to have something solid when I take my multi, or I get very sick, even with food I get nauseated after multis. I always have, even pre-sleeve.

I will try and upload pic of my med bowl that I have been taking for yrs.. I also have over 12 dx's which several have been alleviated. I also have a basket full. now I take daily..

A M..1 thyroid, liquid D3, liquid B12...

I eat enough dairy for Calcium . I now use a pure form of magnesium oil spray for topical no more swallowing for it. I have been off nexium for almost 3 months now I have had GERD for over 15 or so yrs. I still had GERD the first 4 or so months after the surgery but its stopped. I just pop a rolaids when I feel I need something.

P M..I take a Bp med I do not have high bp but I do have VT which causes high PR..so I take it to keep it under 100..works great.

so basically I have traded a full bowl and a basket of scripts for a few and I'm loving it! I eat grilled salmon several x a wk so I get my omega's. feeling great diseases are managed alot more you just have to see what works for you as far as pill form or liquids and its easy to do chewables also. Oh I forgot Biotin which is tiny thats easy to swallow for me and folic acid. so I am actually below now..my labs have been on target! best wishes keep us posted! :)

I take a lot of medication daily for my medical needs so adding in my Vitamins wasn't a big deal. I discovered the Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium citrate and those are like chewy candy, the texture of Starburst candy chews. Now chewy candy is my favorite and I really, really missed it. Adding in 6 calcium chews, 2 chews 2 hours a part, 3 times a day, is perfect for me. It is like I still get my chewy candy treat multiple times daily. It is something I actually look forward to instead of more pills. If you can find something that works for you like that, it will help you not feel so bogged down by a pill schedule. My husband laughs because I get excited when it is time for my Calcium. Heck I even keep them in my grandma's candy bowl on my kitchen counter because they are my "candy" now.

Dont freak out, Im 3 months post op and its not that bad. My doc asked me to take 2 multi chewables in the am and 2 in the pm. I choose to take Biotin twice a day. I also use Redkens new Exreme that has biotin in it. I also take a Calcium chewable, tastes like a treat to me. I take it sometime during the day not with Vitamin. I also never took anything prior to surgery. This 15-20 pills a day is ridiculous. Dont let it freak you out. And....Good Luck its the best decision youll ever make. :)

Everyone is different. Each body requires different Vitamins. I take 2 Flintstones Complete Vitamins twice a day, B12 once a day and Calcium once a day. However, if your Iron drops, they will add iron to the regiment. Or if any other "issues" occur, they will have to add to maintain health.

I take Flintstones with Iron at bedtime.

When I get up I take a calicuium chew.

During the day I take a D3 and later a B12

Voluntarily, I take Vitamin C and 20,000 mcg Biotin

I am now off of the nine meds I was taking pre-op, so the supplements are not so bad.

jeez lots of pills here lol. i take multivitamin twice a day with Iron, Calcium chew twice a day, and Vitamin d once a week. thats it. My labs are perfect. between Vitamin Water which loads you up on b Vitamins, and or an energy shot ( not 5 hour those are sooo expensive) i get plenty of extra Vitamins and minerals elsewhere.

This seems to be a big difference between the UK and the US.

I am on a single vitimin tablet once a day. Not a specific bariatric one, just a standard, over the counter A to Z vitimin. Once a day. I use Centrum A to Z which the dietitian recommended. My surgeon recommended Sanatogen A to Z but I went with Centrum because it's the one I can get in my local supermarket.

I do take Omeprazole (spelling?) to reduce stomache acid once a day as well, but that's only for the first three months.

I don't know why there is such a difference between what so many posters here are taking and what I've been advised to take - but three weeks out, I feel fine in terms of energy etc, so I think I must be doing something right.