Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much weight loss

I am 8 months out, started out at 222, presently at 118. I feel like a skeleton. I am 5'7". Have diabetes which has not improved since surgery. Any tips for gaining weight ( God did I really say that?) I was told to get in 85 grams of Protein, how? Advice please

Gosh that's awesome that you lost so easily I'm on the other end of spectrum and can't lose .... I think if you want to get in more Protein I would add a couple Protein shakes in during the day they are at least 20grams plus if you use milk another 10 and that counts as your liquid also. I use the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shake www.unjury.com the vanilla and chocolate are delish. I add a half of a banana and ice to my nija and it comes out like a shake. Good luck!

Hey there! I also use the Unjury, I use the chicken noodle flavor and as to broth and Soups. Also I recently found Protein shots! They are called New Whey Protein liquid. 42g of whey protein, 0 sugar, low carb, 180 calories, and only 3.8oz. If it wasn't for finding these little things, I don't know what I would've done. I'm only a little over a week post op, but these things were a god send!

O and I had to go to a Vitamin shop to find them. They weren't on the floor, we talked to a worker there, and they ordered them for me.

Hope this helps! Good luck to ya!

@@eal098, hi there! I believe you would be very thin given your height.

I am wondering how many grams of Protein you are getting in now? Getting 85 should not be hard. I use Premier Protein ready made shakes which have 30grams of Protein and 1 gram of sugar each.

I drink one right when I get up in the am. I then eat yogurt with high protein granola for Breakfast a couple hours later. I then make sure I have protein & good carbs (vegetables or a little fruit) for lunch and dinner. If I snack I choose protein Snacks such as: cheese, nuts, beef jerkey or lunch meat.

If I find myself short on protein ( I use fitness pal to track) I will then grab a second protein shake later in the evening.

I would definately track your food if you are not already doing that.

Good luck gaining a bit of weight! (That sounds very strange saying too!)

To regain some how about going back to tried and true yet healthier things. Fat and carbs are an awesome weight gaining combo. How about Protein drinks mixed with milk and Peanut Butter. Eat nuts a few times a day. Drink milk, eat some Pasta covered in cheese some times.

Your type 2 diabetes is not improved by your weight loss?

If I were you I'd get some medical tests done. You got to goal really fast by my standards. Really fast for a woman. I'd want to know why since good health is key.

I am sorry..I thought I was in a sleeve forum. Disregard my comments as I don't know if this applies to bypass.

Your total Protein daily requirement is the sum of the Protein you consume in your meals combined with the protein consumed in protein supplements (protein shakes, protein bars).

When I reached the 1 cup per meal mark, I was consuming around 65 grams of protein from my meals alone. I concentrated on eating homemade high-protein chili and Soups. recipes are here. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

It is important to fulfill your protein requirement each day. Because you are on the low end of weight, you might uptake the amount of calories you consume daily. Because you have diabetes, you might stay away from overly indulging in carbs especially processed sugar. snack on protein or fats may work for you.

I met someone in a bariatric surgery support group meeting that had a problem with consuming food. She could not eat more than a teaspoon of food at a time even at over a 1 past surgery. I suspect this was due to the surgery that made her pouch too small or to some other surgical complication. In her case the effects were very severe. She lost all her teeth and most of her hair. She was malnourished. I suspect this is not what is happening to you, otherwise you would be citing a slew of problems.

I just wanted to mention that I also have diabetes and mine didn't get better after losing weight. My doctor ran some tests because she suspected that I was actually Type 1. Turns out that was the case, so no matter how much weight I lose. I will always be an insulin dependent diabetic. I would ask the doctor if its possible that you're actually type 1 instead of 2. To gain weight I would add nuts, milk, cheese, and maybe Peanut Butter to your diet occasionally. I wouldn't over do it on carbs because that might spike your sugar.

Unjury is GREAT!!!!!!! 50 grams of Protein per serving, plus milk.

My insurance pays for it, in the form of prescription. Cause it is $2.00 a packet, single serving.

My doctor had to write a letter but my PCP is great with that.

I am ' too thin' as well according to my wls doctor. I am 5'7", 139. I just had a Tummy Tuck on 3\21\15. 22 months after surgery.

I should be a few lbs lighter as the days pass cause I am still very swollen.

I DO look very skinny with nothing on but I can hide that in clothes.

I do want to get some. Muscles back and I know I will as soon as I can work out again.

Good luck, keep me posted.

eat Peanut Butter, lots of potato chips, never exercise....so easy to gain weight :)