Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

Thanks, losingjusme.

I had a good day, calorie wise, and a good day exercise wise. I'm -1600 for the day. We'll see what the scale has to say about that in the morning.

I have a date tomorrow night and I'm wearing jeans (it's a baseball game). My ass is the size of NYC but I do, at least, look curvy and know that there's nothing else I could be doing right now to look any better. Now to budget beer and peanuts into the caloric goals tomorrow....I'd better run in the morning.

Consistency is a hard thing! I was at our cabin for the weekend, didn't log in and at poorly. Had a 1.5 gain, so it's back to the grind. Hopefully, I can make up for it. I just emailed the BB folks because after walking for 3 miles, my BB said I had walked only 632 steps! My bb has been logging my daily walks at between 3,000-6,000 steps which I thought was a big discrepancy, but 632 steps is not an acceptable accounting. I'm sure that the bb was snugly on my arm, it didn't give any vibrations that something was wrong. Do you think it's broken? Has anyone else experienced any problems like this?

Julie: I still need your address.

I'm still truckin' away at the BB challenge. -1600 today. Haven't lost, but haven't really expected to. I tend to only lose twice a month and it's not my good week. The BB is right in terms of lbs lost if I look over a month period, but it doesn't pay off daily. That's just not the way my body works. But, I do still find it motivational.

Betty, how are you doing with it?

Well have had the bug for some time now and have been very loyal I mean I wear it everywhere except in shower of course. I have been logging foods and I am sure that I am logging correct calories consumed if not I log extra calories to be on the safe side. I am always in a deficit at least 1300+ every day and I’m just not losing according to their math 3500 calories = 1 pound just isn’t happening for me I should be losing about 1 pound every 2 days but am not, instead plateau for almost 3 or 4 weeks now stuck at 223-225. I don’t eat much maybe no more than 1400 calories on a good day but usually less than 1000 calories a day. I don’t like Protein Shakes so I don’t take them. I mean I see what I am burning just not adding up losing some hope here. I am not sure if I read this somewhere but I remember reading that Lapband or gastric patients that the bug works a little different so the math isn’t quite the same for us and normal people. Is this true?

Moe,

It's a scientific fact that about 3500 extra calories burned equals a pound in every person -- that doesn't vary. What does vary is the effort required to burn that 3500. For example, a heavier person can burn it in less time and with less effort than a lighter person. Or, a person with metabolic issues might have to work much harder to burn the 3500 than a person with a normal metabolism.

So, my opinion is that one of two things is going on with you. Option #1 is the bugg is not accurate. Maybe the bugg assumes a lot more than we think -- like that the wearer has a normal metabolism. If so, maybe you aren't really burning as much as the bugg registers, even though you "should" if your metabolism were standard. I've been curious all along how something that doesn't monitor heard rate (just pulse) or transdermal oxygen levels can really be all that accurate. I read somewhere (maybe even on this thread) that the stats that report the bugg as 92% accurate weren't based on the home model, but were based on a hospital model that did calculate heart rate.

Or, if the bugg isn't the culprit, maybe you're just on the mother of all plateaus and will drop 10 lbs practically overnight once the plateau breaks. This actually happens to me. I might lose 12 lbs in a month, but 10 of that 12 will almost always be in a span of about 3 days (following my period). It's just the way my body (and Fluid levels) works. Maybe you're going through a bit of that.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a combination of both. I think the bugg isn't as accurate as we'd like it to be (though I still find it motivational) AND you're on a major plateau. You're bound to get a break soon!

Well, I ran this morning and I PBd my lunch, so I'm going to have a great deficit day, healthy or not! It's so rare for me to PB -- odd. I usually have one or two tight days a month. Guess I'm in it....

Plateaus suck and I feel for you Moe! I think that Julie is right on with her advice, but I would also get on the BB forum and get some more feedback. Also, contact the BB people with your questions. I found that my bugg is not recording my steps accurately and so I've questioned if it is recording my calories burned accurately. I spoke with a technical advisor yesterday and they agreed that something is wrong with the way my bugg is working. They have referred my case to the next level up. We will see. These things are expensive and they should do what there suppose to do! I will keep everyone informed about how they handle this problem. Two days ago I walked my normal 3 miles and it recorded that I had walked 632 steps, yesterday it recorded 1010 steps for the same walk. The bugg is sick. Today it said 1100 steps. When I first got the bugg, my 3 mile walk was between 5,000 and 6,200 steps. Frustrating!

I had my consult with the bugg folk on Friday. I did learn things about the program that I didn't know, so that's cool. I asked for studies about the science behind the bugg and was given some contact info, but no actual information, though I was assured it was tested "for years."

I was amazed that food labels can be off by as much as 300% -- do we think that's a true stat? If so, CRAZY!

I'm buckling down as of today until I get to the 40s. I've had my fun over the last couple of weeks and it's time to get serious again. My BB's staying on my arm until I hit 149!

Hi there!

I am drooling for a Bugg!! but..

I read in a earlier post that BodyBugg has a new smaller bug coming out at the end of this month (august) is that true? I was just on BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS and didn't see anything about it yet.

Anybody have information on this?? :eyebrows:

Sheila

of course there is a new version coming out! mine is about 2 months old ... THAT is my luck ... ;)

it looks pretty cool - digital display but not sure how it is going to work.

hopefully this link will work: http://my.apexfitness.com/uploads/bodybugg_display_overview.pdf

i am so used to wearing it around my arm, i dunno if i could wear it as a watch...

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Based on this information...

Real-time information directly from the bodybugg armband

Calories

Steps

Physical Activity

Calories Per Minute

Trip Function

do you wear this new devise instead of the current arm band or as a compliment to the armband (wear both at the same time)?

of course there is a new version coming out! mine is about 2 months old ... THAT is my luck ... ;)

it looks pretty cool - digital display but not sure how it is going to work.

hopefully this link will work: http://my.apexfitness.com/uploads/bodybugg_display_overview.pdf

i am so used to wearing it around my arm, i dunno if i could wear it as a watch...

It would make sense to have the watch replace the armband. Who wants to wear two odd things on their arm and why?? I just thought I would ask since I you don't want to assume anything. You've been more than helpful! Thanks much!!

btw... I am very impressed with your weightloss. You've done very well. I hope to be as successful as you some day! Keep up the great work. You are a motivation to many!!:clap2:

hmmm ... i dunno ... i thought i read somewhere about it being a watch.

i 1/2 read it cause i'm kinda ticked that i didnt get THAT one ...

awww.... **blush**

thanks. i had so many people to help me out, whatever i can do to help others, i will try to do ...

i still have a L O N G way to go though ..