Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!! YEAH!!! The bodybugg really is money well spent. The two should just really go together...lapband and armband. LOL!! I 've lost another lb with it and I'm now down exactly 30lbs since surgery.

I got another fill on June 12th and it's kicking my butt...having a hard time with liquids and forget about food. I'm going to wait a few days to see if I need to get an unfill but the soonest I could go in is the week after next because of my busy shchedule..but, if it gets unbearable...I WILL GO IN!

Anyways, you'll love the lapband. I do! For me, I've been a slow loser, but I would not change anything and would do it all over again. Slow and Steady wins the race...right?

Charlotte

I heard about it also from Puddin. I am getting banded on June 26 (I start liquid diet tomorrow) 2 weeks ago I bought one. I am really happy to hear that it is money well spent.

I have a few questions for you all...

Will the BB tell you your heart rate at any given time?

What kind of info do you see on the Bugg without plugging it into the computer?

I can't really tell by the website...just how bulky is this thing? Will my long sleeved shirts fit over it? I'm assuming it has to be touching my skin...

I suppose my biggest fears are:

I use it for 2 weeks and it gets old somehow, or overwhelming, and I give up on it because I feel like I can't use it properly because I'm computer illiterate...or...

I pay $399 for it and 3 months down the road I have to pay another $50 a month to keep using it and at that point, it's as useless as a gym membership that I never use.

Those are some of my fears...any advice or feedback from those of you who are fans? Be honest...if I'm being unreasonable or unnecessarily pessimistic, tell me! (nicely, please).

I'm really interested in this as well, but is it correct that after the initial $399/3 months, you have to pay $199 every three months?

Hi,

The bodybugg doesn't tell you your heart rate and you don't see any information on it until it's uploaded to the computer. It then tells you how many calories you have burned throughout the day and whether you have more to go!

It's a little bulky; however, I can wear my long sleeves over it without anybody knowing it's there. It goes on the back of your right tricep so nobody really looks there. Yes, it is touching your skin at all times.

After the three months, it will be $99/year for the website membership. Not too bad considering this thing has worked with my band greatly. I LOVE IT!!

BTW, I have worn this thing for 2 weeks now and I love it. I don't plan on taking it off at all. And, in my opinion well better spent than the gym membership. The gym never told me how many calories I was expending through the day. Since I have had it, I haven't gone to the gym and I'm down over 10 lbs now. I just get my exercise all day long now. Of course, I will start doing weight training later. But right now, just concentrating on losing weight.

I had the same fears because I've always had things fail me. So far, this hasn't failed me. I love it!!

BTW- I got mine at 24 Hour Fitness. It was on sale for $329 and came with two 30 minute sessions.

I think you'll love it.

Charlotte

I have a few questions for you all...

Will the BB tell you your heart rate at any given time?

What kind of info do you see on the Bugg without plugging it into the computer?

I can't really tell by the website...just how bulky is this thing? Will my long sleeved shirts fit over it? I'm assuming it has to be touching my skin...

I suppose my biggest fears are:

I use it for 2 weeks and it gets old somehow, or overwhelming, and I give up on it because I feel like I can't use it properly because I'm computer illiterate...or...

I pay $399 for it and 3 months down the road I have to pay another $50 a month to keep using it and at that point, it's as useless as a gym membership that I never use.

Those are some of my fears...any advice or feedback from those of you who are fans? Be honest...if I'm being unreasonable or unnecessarily pessimistic, tell me! (nicely, please).

I was told that it's only $99/year after the initial purchase.

I'm really interested in this as well, but is it correct that after the initial $399/3 months, you have to pay $199 every three months?

Thanks for your reply, Charlotte. I'm still considering the cost...I think I'd really like this little contraption, though. I appreciate your feedback. :)

did you purchase it online or instore for the $329 price I looked on ther website and couldn't find it.

did you purchase it online or instore for the $329 price I looked on ther website and couldn't find it.

Hi Eva,

I purchased it instore.

I can't wait until you get yours!! You are going to love it. It really does take the guess work out. This, along with my lapband, has really been my "Ah Ha" moment in my life. I'll look better and feel better in my late 30's than I did in my 20's. Technology is excellent! You'll love the stats!! "squeeling" with you!! LOL!!

I keep putting off getting one due to the cost (i'm afraid i'll either become super obsessed or never use it) LOL I guess the only thing i have to lose is weight-i've already forked out 10k!

Good Job by the way 6lbs in a week is AMAZING, I love how it motivates you to move!

I don't believe that it is compatible with a Mac at this time. Not 100% sure though.

Are any of you guys using the BB with a Mac computer?

I went through the same thing. As far as being obsessed, I think it's more kept me in check. I log everything I eat now and I only do it because it's super easy. I actually just put it on in the morning, try to move all day long and then I download my stats when I get home from work. It's just become part of my daily routine now.

I think you'll really like it. But, I definitly understand your concerns..I went through them. My follow-through is usually lacking..but, I've found this to be quite amusing and fun. Best of all, easy!

I keep putting off getting one due to the cost (i'm afraid i'll either become super obsessed or never use it) LOL I guess the only thing i have to lose is weight-i've already forked out 10k!

Good Job by the way 6lbs in a week is AMAZING, I love how it motivates you to move!

Are any of you guys using the BB with a Mac computer?

argon,

the only way it is compatable w/ a mac is if you have virtual PC installed ...