Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right area, but I'm new to the community. I had my bypass surgery in January of 2014 and have had great results so far. I sure wish I would've found a support group before now because I've had a million questions that I would have loved to have answered over the last year. I'm looking forward to the rest of this amazing journey and to having some support along the way now :)

That is totally normal. I would tell you not to be, but I was so nervous I almost backed out of my surgery. I'm so glad I didn't its been the best decision I've ever made for myself. You'll do great and you'll be on your way to better health and feeling great really soon. Good luck and Congrats!!

Congrats!! I can tell you, that I was so thirsty after I came out of post op that I could hardly talk because my mouth was so dry. You can't have anything until they do the swallow test and make sure there are no leaks, so on the mean time they can use these mouth swabs to help with dry mouth. They were a godsend to me...lol. Also I had alot of gas pain from the anesthesia, it scared me at first because no one told me I would have it so I thought somehing was wrong, but its normal :) Another piece of advice is to walk as soon as they let you. It helps with the soreness and with the healing process.You'll be pretty

sore so I would pack clothes that are really loose and soft, nothing that will rub your stomach.

Agree! Pack loose clothes. Mine were yoga pants and tshirts. And I was in the hospital 2 nights. I wanted a shower before I left. Was happy to have packed my own toiletries! Other than that. It is BOR-ING. But. You are supposed to be recovering. I had my iPhone, but an iPad would have been better. And walk as much as possible. ????

Mine was laparoscopic and DaVinci robot assisted surgery. Pain is tolerable with the iv meds. Getting in and out of bed was the most painful for me. Mine went away quickly though. Day 0 - surgery day don't really remember. Day 1 - felt like I got hit by a truck but made sure I was trying to do everything they asked: walking, sipping, etc. Day 2 - 90% better. Stopped pain meds end of Day 3. Was driving and getting around pretty well by day 5. But.... I've had a Tummy Tuck, and that pain was something fierce!!!

Thanks all for the feedback...im a very independent person so jumping back into independence mode is important...ive had several surgerys so i can tolerate pains..unfortunately never labor pains so idk how that feels bt i can imagine...

Mine was laparoscopic, my pain was bad at first while I was in post op, but after getting some pain meds going it was tolerable. By day 2 when I left the hospital it wasn't that bad at all. The drain tube that I had to go home with was a pain, but it came out at my first post surgery appt a week later.

Edited by rjackson1982