Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm done going through this procedure

I've officially given up on the sleeve process. I've decided to stick to a healthier lifestyle. The entire process to me is ridiculous and going through insurance it's intended to discourage one and to me personal get money from your insurance company. I didn't get an approval or denial I just stopped. I'm 5'2 203 lbs, I don't think the sleeve is a must for me..yes if I get it it's an added benefit but if I dont life will still be great. I honestly felt like a lab rat the entire process. Millions have lost weight w/out any surgery and I'll be one of them. Good luck to all. Today is the beginning of my new life

Good luck to you. If you set your mind to it you can lose weight without surgery. I have done it several times and regained. Of course the same can be said for people that have had surgery.

I wish you the best of luck. I know that I've tried and just couldn't do it on my own and keep it off. A lot of people are successful in doing it and I sincerely hope you are one of the ones that do it and keep it off.

Sometimes I find when I get fed up with a process, I have to ask myself what is really the problem. Is it the process or is it me? Most of the time, it turns out to be me. I was holding myself back because of ego or pride it just depends. At the end of the day though, you have to be comfortable with any decisions you make.

Good luck to you!!!

Congratulations on making the best decision for YOU. It takes a lot of introspection to reach a decision one way or the other and there is just as much merit in deciding it's not for you as there is in deciding to pursue surgery. I am sorry you were made to feel like a lab rat. It's never nice when the medical industry makes us feel sub-human.

Good luck to you with your pursuit of weight loss! I wish you much success!

I've officially given up on the sleeve process. I've decided to stick to a healthier lifestyle. The entire process to me is ridiculous and going through insurance it's intended to discourage one and to me personal get money from your insurance company. I didn't get an approval or denial I just stopped. I'm 5'2 203 lbs, I don't think the sleeve is a must for me..yes if I get it it's an added benefit but if I dont life will still be great. I honestly felt like a lab rat the entire process. Millions have lost weight w/out any surgery and I'll be one of them. Good luck to all. Today is the beginning of my new life

Cool.

I won't even be insulted that you called those of us who went through with this process "ridiculous". I also won't point out that the reason I pay for insurance is so that I can utilize it to benefit my health. I certainly didn't have my stomach cut out "just to get money from my insurance company".

If you "just stopped", more power to you! If you don't think it's a must, I agree with you! If you feel like a "lab rat", you made a great decision for yourself. You are right! Millions of people have lost weight without surgery and millions have lost weight with it. I wish you the best.

BYE!

Good luck to you. If you set your mind to it you can lose weight without surgery. I have done it several times and regained. Of course the same can be said for people that have had surgery.

thanks hunny

I wish you the best of luck. I know that I've tried and just couldn't do it on my own and keep it off. A lot of people are successful in doing it and I sincerely hope you are one of the ones that do it and keep it off.

Sometimes I find when I get fed up with a process, I have to ask myself what is really the problem. Is it the process or is it me? Most of the time, it turns out to be me. I was holding myself back because of ego or pride it just depends. At the end of the day though, you have to be comfortable with any decisions you make.

Good luck to you!!!

thankyou

My opinion of the process is ridiculous @@LipstickLady again my opinion.,I'm already 2 lbs down since saturday . . . .does anyone know how to block someone just curious

Cool! And good luck to you! I mean that sincerely. If you'd like to block me or anyone else, just go to their profile and block them. :) Easy cheesy!

@humblestar25 Depending on the surgeon's practice there can be a ton of hoops to jump through. I have often felt many of these unneccessary. I was lucky in that my requirements were pretty minimal: doctor evaluation, 3 dietitian visits, blood work, psych eval, and stress test. It really wasn't too bad. I know some folks have to have a lot more.

Your height and weight are not bad and you can certainly do this. Does your doctor also offer non-surgical weight management? I know many do. I would encourage you to avail yourself of the help you can get from a medical team to really get this done and develop habits to help keep it off..

Good Luck on your weight loss journey!

Some people are a bit too sensitive to my current post. . .relax guys it's my post and my decision to go further in the sleeve process. . .Sheesh, but then again a hit dog will holler.

Thanks hun bun. . . .I've already lost 2lbs and and quite a few inches. Have a consultation w/ my new personal trainer tomorrow so excited

Personally, and this is just my opinion regarding the process...While I feel it was a lot to go through, I also feel that the process is necessary. The process caused me to lose 60 pounds prior to having surgery. I felt mentally stronger because of the process. I also felt physically stronger which I feel is important prior to putting your body through a major surgery. Even my husband benefitted from the process by losing 50 pounds.

Like a lot of things in life...it's all about attitude. I took the attitude that I was going to learn as much as possible about obesity, WLS and myself While jumping through those hoops. I made those hoops work for me and my health.

Edited by ProjectMe

Good for you! We all need to do what's right for us. I'm much happier having been sleeved than I was 130lbs ago. This was the right thing for me. Maybe you needed to start the process in order to get the lightbulb moment you needed to find the solution for yourself. I'm happy however that my insurance paid it for me. God knows I've paid enough into the system. Be well...

Good luck! Hope we don't see you here again! In a nice way of course! You don't even have to worry about blocking people anymore! I'm sure you will do just fine on your own :) like you said people do it ALL the time...their just not real good at seeing as over half of the population is obese. Hopefully you will be an exception! Good luck!!!