Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I had my sleeve done January 8,2015 because I was tired of taking insulin for my diabetes still most of the time feeling tire. My sugar readings were great the first seven week and than I started feeling bad. My diabetes came back and I was back to feeling like my old self again. I am back on my medication and very unhappy about. Will this too pass? I sure hope so. I have lost 34 pounds, look good but hoping I don't have to continue to take this insulin forever. Has anyone ever been thru this before. Please Help!

Also, I am tire of eating yogurts, and shakes etc. What else is there to eat and drink? We can't drink sodas, so what are we suppose to drink? Sometimes I feel like I don't have a taste. I really need some help with this?

You can drink crystal light, I love the blueberry raspberry and blackberry lemonade. I used to drink a six pack of diet soda a day, that was the hardest thing to give up. I start in Jan getting rid of think I know were not good for me after the sleeve and dont really think that much about soda anymore. I get my sleeve done in 4 days.

I am in love with the Water Enhancer drops, which you add to cold Water (I also add unflavored Protein powder to it), you add as much as you like, but generally don't need but a few drops, depending on your taste. Most are very low (if any at all) calorie, and they come in a lot of flavors. Have fun with it and mix them up!

Hi, I had my sleeve done January 8,2015 because I was tired of taking insulin for my diabetes still most of the time feeling tire. My sugar readings were great the first seven week and than I started feeling bad. My diabetes came back and I was back to feeling like my old self again. I am back on my medication and very unhappy about. Will this too pass? I sure hope so. I have lost 34 pounds, look good but hoping I don't have to continue to take this insulin forever. Has anyone ever been thru this before. Please Help!

Also, I am tire of eating yogurts, and shakes etc. What else is there to eat and drink? We can't drink sodas, so what are we suppose to drink? Sometimes I feel like I don't have a taste. I really need some help with this?

I can't help you with the diabetes, but I sure have a suggestion for the drink. I add Mango Peach MIO to my Water. I end up drinking about 100oz of it a day. I love the stuff!!! My husband & I drank them prior to my surgery, but he likes the fruit Punch flavor. You can also drink Crystal Light or things like that. Good luck with your diabetes. Hopefully, it will resolve itself with weight loss!!!

I sure hope my diabetes goes away. I have to take insulin as well and I HATE it!!! With a passion! If I don't get rid of this dang disease with surgery I think I'll bust with depression. I don't "want" to do that. I want to feel good and get off the meds. I too hope that there is something you can do!!!

Of course there are no guarantees with diabetes, but if you stay with the program, your numbers should go down. Make sure to exercise regularly, eat your Protein first (maybe focus seriously on the protein, and maybe reduce your carbs even more), drink ALL you Water, and you should see some improvement. But these things take time. If you aren't seeing any improvement, talk with your doctors about it for additional suggestions. Good luck to you.