Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair loss hair cuts!

So I'm 4 months out.

Upped my Protein do everything regarding protein and Water but yet I'm going bald.

I had thick beautiful Mexican hair! Now it's super thin.

Still loosing so here's the point.

Did you cut your hair to help the peoblem?

Did it help?

also I know everyone's different but how long did the Hair loss happen. I'm going on almost two month! I'm shedding worse then the dog!

Thin hair does usually looks better in a short style. There are so many cute short styles, you might find that you prefer your hair short.

I don't think there is any way of predicting how long the shedding phase will last once it has started, but it seems to be pretty brief for most people. It probably feels pretty scary to be losing so much hair, but most people have so much to start with that the loss is not so noticeable to others.

OMG, I am so worried about this. I am 2 months post tomorrow and when I wash my hair, and i run my fingers through the wet hair, I see a bunch of it on the palm of my hands. :(

Is this how it starts?

OMG, I am so worried about this. I am 2 months post tomorrow and when I wash my hair, and i run my fingers through the wet hair, I see a bunch of it on the palm of my hands. :(

Is this how it starts?

That's what I'm dealing with. I took 9 inches off my hair hoping it would look fuller

It's might suck for me more tho because I wash my hair 2 times a week and it's up at least 4 times a week so maybe that's why I loose it in such huge chuncks. Also I feel like my face is too full still to consider short hair. I've always had long hair it's my safety blanket so this choice sucks

I already have short hair that is thin. I have it almost like Myley Cyrus.

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-was-miley-cyrus-hospitalized-singer-might-have-self-medicated-drugs-alcohol-after-1572796

My top is a bit longer so it doesn't really form bangs

The sides and back are clipped. The top is longer and flipped to one side. Currently the long side comes to the bottom of my ear. It is symetrical in that I can flip it to either side. In the summer the short hair is my dark brown/almost black natural color and the long hair is bleached pretty blonde.

In the winter the long part is caramel with red highlights.

I am 4 months out and have thinning hair as well :( I got a short bob like Kelly Rippa. It's nice because I can wear it curly wavy or straighten it. No one has noticed my hair thinning except me. I am taking Biotin and then started using just two weeks ago this stuff from Joico Thinning Rescue. I got it from Amazon. I can't really say if it's working since it's only been two weeks. And I eat all my Protein and take my Vitamins. Sometimes it just happens.

~LA

I'm 5 months out and have probably half the hair I did a year ago. The first month after surgery I was big on Protein. Then for a month or two I slacked off. I tried to get it in, but life was nothing but STRESS. So I got what I could. About 2 months ago I started being very, very diligent about taking my Vitamins and Biotin. I get my Protein everyday. But still my hair falls out. I have long hair and I have no plans to cut it until after my wedding. So I just work with what I have until then. I did read an article that said most people lose a lot of hair in the first 6 months and then it starts to grow back as your body chemistry equals out. So I am hoping that in the next month I start to see some hair coming back. I've also been really stressed out. So that could be part of it.

Let's hope it get's better or we all look GREAT with short hair!!

Crys

I got so sick of seeing long strands of hair in the drain and seeing it visibly thin that I got a pixie cut. Which I absolutely love, and even though my hair is growing back I plan on keeping it short. I also dyed it red.

Edited by Wendyfm

I can notice more and more mainly because my hair is flat I use to have body and thick Hispanic hair and now it's a mess I don't want to cut it but I feel it'll be best but I DON'T KNOW! It's always up anyways but the days I have it down its just depressing