Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Louisiana who went through Heads Up Program @ PBRC

I would love to hear from anyone who went through the Heads Up program at Pennington Biomedical. I start the process tomorrow and would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi! I'm in the study and I had gastric sleeve surgery on October 14th I would love to share my experience and answer any questions you may have.

Oh, thank you for replying. I would love to hear about your experience. I think my biggest fear right now is what surgery will they choose. The sleeve would definitely be my first choice. How long did it take after your second screening visit to know you were approved and actually have the surgery.

Oh, thank you for replying. I would love to hear about your experience. I think my biggest fear right now is what surgery will they choose. The sleeve would definitely be my first choice. How long did it take after your second screening visit to know you were approved and actually have the surgery.

My second screening was in July and I found out in September what surgery and I had my surgery in October.

Hi there! I am a Headsup participant and I had gastric sleeve surgery on October 14th of last year 2014. My surgery was performed by Doctor Michael Thomas.

@@losing2win you have to be a member of Office of Group Benefits which is a state employee or state retiree health insurance.

@@losing2win you have to be a member of Office of Group Benefits which is a state employee or state retiree health insurance.

Oooohhhh. Okay, thanks. I think I have found a surgeon! Consultation in three weeks!

Great. Keep me posted.

I am 5 days into the liquid diet before the second screening. I have an ugly day tomorrow that includes a 6 mile walk and being away from my house for 10 hours. Panicking on how to stay on track. Did they go through everyday of the food diary at the second visit?

Hi Ladies! I just received a call yesterday telling me that my name was selected in the last lottery drawing for the Heads up study! I'm scared, anxious, excited... All of course at the same time!! This Thursday May 26th is my first appt for the very first screening. I would love some advice from you. And love to know how are you now, after your surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was called back in November, went thru the two screenings but it took til this week to get my surgery date. June 21. I'll be doing it in shreveport with dr. Merriman. Did anyone use him?

I made the decision that the liquid was more a psychological test. And I told myself that I had to really try it to make sure that I would be able to do it after surgery. I'm a giant emotional/stress/happy eater so I figured that if I couldn't do the two weeks that I might not be able to go through it. I got one of the little high power blenders and used ice and extracts when I made the shakes. Put coconut in the vanilla, rum extract in the chocolate, etc. I also did the bullion cubes. After the first few days, it was easier. I only cheated once, a cup of a crawfish Soup. 12 pounds loss.

I also told everyone. A few people were not supportive, but most were. I figured that the more that knew that I was testing myself the better.