Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frozen meals - lean cuisine weight watchers...

Atkins frozen meals. I eat one everyday for lunch and I only get the ones that are 20 grams of Protein or more. I keep them in the freezer at my office, and so far this has been working for me. Good luck.

personally i tried using lean cuisine ( stay away from the Atkins meals they are LOADED in sugar and carbs) but only two met my requirements, Swedish meatballs, and meatloaf, my nutritionist agreed that in a pinch like if i forgot lunch at work etc, i could eat just the meatballs out of the Swedish meatballs one, ( comes with noodles which i dont eat) but i found it easier to just make a bunch of small meatballs and pre-package them and freeze some for those occasions. but i do tend to fall back and have a Protein shake for lunch at work, on like 4 times a week which my nutritionist hates, but It really helps me, and i dont get a break for lunch so i need something i can make easily and quickly and a shake works great. But thats me. just my opinion. enjoy.

I like morningstar veggie patties in a pinch.

I'd try to avoid prepared foods, the frozen meals, etc. you really don't know what's in them, all those things to keep stuff taste like something.

I've even Found that prepared salad dressings jack me up, with salt and God knows whatever else. I gain 2 or more pounds every time I eat that stuff, so I don't now.

You can't eat that much, so just try to take a few minutes, broil or grill whatever and munch on that. imo.

I made some lemon vinaigrette the other day, also an herb butter, to put on whatever. So much flavor, etc..

Of the frozen ones, I tried the LC garlic chicken, and maybe meatballs, if you must. Eat around the carbs.

Edited by Dr-Patient

The Atkins meals do not come with noodles, potatoes, etc they come with a neat and veggie. :)

BOCA Burgers are good in a pinch too,

Lots of good information here! Good suggestions, too. To the OP: ask your surgeon! You said you got the clearance, so it should be okay. I always check the nutrition label to find the low-cal, high-Protein ones. Both Weight Watchers (eatyourbest.com) and Lean Cuisine have really good websites so you can find the high-protein meals.

For Weight Watchers Smart Ones, for example, you can list all the meals with at least 12 grams of Protein. Then you can sort those by calorie content. So, the one that comes up on top is chicken Santa Fe. It has only 160 calories and 19 grams of protein – not bad to have in your freezer in a pinch!

At LeanCuisine.com, you can also search by nutrient content. You can get something like Herb Roasted chicken for 180 calories and 16 grams of protein.

So, to the OP, I think frozen meals are okay, but you can do better than 300 calories and 15 grams of protein. Also, if you get a big frozen meal, remember that it’s always okay to have half now and half another time.

To ProjectMe…you’re just full of good ideas! Thank you!

@@alwaysvegas , really good points about processed foods. I definitely agree that making your own is better, but for me, it’s not always practical. And when it comes time to eat, I’m better off having a semi-okay frozen meal than caving into delivery or mac and cheese!

i have used them twice in a serious pinch...if i don't plan for lunch before i leave for work in the AM, i am forced to leave my office at lunch. we have had two MASSIVE snow storms this winter and there was NO WAY i was leaving my office. two co-workers offered my their frozen meals on those days and i thankfully accepted. one was the chicken Santa Fe, the other was swedish meatballs. both tasted pretty good. i know they were more calories than i would have allotted for the Protein involved.

i have pretty much steered clear of all processed stuff. i am almost a year out and trying very hard to get off the last 19 lbs to goal. i am sticking as close to my post-op plan as i can. good luck!

Ps - no frozen meals mentioned in my post op either... I just met with NUT and got the all clear for all foods. :)

After WLS we should not be eating more than 50 carbs per day. I know how you feel, I am not a meat eater. But when I had my sleeve last September, I knew what I was signing up for. I eat chicken, fish, hate eggs, but eat them. Best of luck to you.

Ps - no frozen meals mentioned in my post op either... I just met with NUT and got the all clear for all foods. :)

After WLS we should not be eating more than 50 carbs per day. I know how you feel, I am not a meat eater. But when I had my sleeve last September, I knew what I was signing up for. I eat chicken, fish, hate eggs, but eat them. Best of luck to you.

I can't look at or even smell eggs, I literally gag and often vomit. My mother says its a phobia, I don't know if I agree with that lol, although it is not in my imagination. Like I said never in a million years would I have dreamed I would not be able to eat chicken. I'm going to try and grill some thin breasts up and see if they go down easier, maybe with some kind of dressing. :)

I am not a bypass patient but have you tried the Atkins frozen meals my Dr. recommends those except for the pizza they are very high in Protein.< /p>

Frozen Atkins meals are high in Protein and low in carbs. Some have high fat though. I eat them all the time but I'm not really worrying too much about fat.

@MamaTo3inNH Have you tried cooking the chicken in a crock pot? meats are usually very moist and tender this way. If you'd still like a sauce, try adding some cream of chicken Soup on top of the chicken while it cooks (maybe even stir in some unflavored Protein powder for extra protein).

I'm not restricting carbs specifically, so I keep a few low calorie frozen meals in the freezer for emergencies. It keeps me out of Burger King when I'm late getting home and short on energy and options.