Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you guys suggest for quick and easy dinners? I'm about 4 months out and single. I usually have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch but need ideas for an actual meal at home. I'm not a fantastic cook so the easier the better!

Turkey burgers with low fat cheese. I eat them without a bun, and some veggies on the side.

I eat eggs a lot - a fried egg over greens or a scramble with various veggies.

I love to buy rotisserie chicken (usually a half) and have that in the fridge to cover a few meals.

I do buy lots of prepared foods, so can't help much more than this...

Thanks! I actually would prefer the prepared food instead of making just because of my own time restraints so this is helpful!

Turkey burgers with low fat cheese. I eat them without a bun, and some veggies on the side.

I love to buy rotisserie chicken (usually a half) and have that in the fridge to cover a few meals.

@@thesuse2000 I am glad to see you mentioned prepared foods. I am assuming you mean like lean cusinie and stuff like that. I was wondering if they were ok to eat. I was thinking along the lines of them being processed foods and I should be cooking more fresh meals. But that would make my work lunchs alittle easier if I did the prepared foods and cut the temptation of fast food salads and so on.

Hi Dee - I actually usually get fresh prepared foods. I live in NYC so there are lots of great options near me - gourmet grocery stores and catering places with prepared veggies and various meats. I do eat frozen foods occasionally, and I agree that many are better than fast food options. I generally think everyone needs to find what works for them. None of us are always perfect, and if frozen foods help you actually stay on track, I say do what you need to do! I would just say that it's hard to find frozen meals that have enough Protein. Most are more carb filled. I find that Proteins and veggies fill me up best. Sometimes carbier foods leave me hungry a couple hours later.

@@thesuse2000 I am glad to see you mentioned prepared foods. I am assuming you mean like lean cusinie and stuff like that. I was wondering if they were ok to eat. I was thinking along the lines of them being processed foods and I should be cooking more fresh meals. But that would make my work lunchs alittle easier if I did the prepared foods and cut the temptation of fast food salads and so on.

Here's one I just made - I bought roast beef deli , sautéed it with chopped onions in olive oil. Sliced a green pepper into large pieces, put provolone cheese on each slice, topped with the roast beef/ onion and added more cheese on top. Baked for 15 minutes post-27972-142592237015_thumb.jpg

I live alone also while my son is away so I'm creating these great small meals

Another think I did was made a large batch of Ground Turkey Chili and froze it in small containers. I did the same thing with ground chicken meatballs

I love to make a pot of chili or other home made Soup with lotsa meat and freeze it in single-serve portions. Instant frozen dinner! Quesidillas\Pizza: brush a low carb tortilla with olive oil and top with shredded chicken or shredded pork and cheese. You can roast a whole chicken or pork loin in a crock pot with a can of beer, shred it and freeze what you can't use immediately. It's yummy. I keep P28 high Protein bread and flats (order on line) in my freezer for toast, grilled cheese, whatever. Even a PBJ on a slice of P28 with 14g of protein doesn't suck. I can get the "gourmet burgers" in my grocery store's meat section in sider size and slider Buns. I always keep a few frozen for when I'm lazy or want a "real burger".

Thanks for the tips biker chick. I haven't had any bread and I just ordered some of the P28 bread and Bagels. I can't wait to get them.

~LA

Oh there are tons of meals you can do - I buy sliders at the grocery store if I want a burger (just no bun), meatballs (usually can eat three) will have that with a veggie side, chicken thighs make with a lemon sauce (so good), or I also bake (super easy recipe) 3/4 lbs of salmon and divide it into a 1/3 each and have that for a few meals, roast chicken is good too.

lunch meat Quesadilla. Two soft corn tortillas, Sliced ham or turkey, some pico, and half slice of cheese.

You can make the same thing as a taco without the cheese.

Grilled chicken sandwich from a fast food place with no mayo or cheese and half bun.

Guacamole, lettuce and pico on a crispy taco shell.

Steak or grilled chicken with steamed broccoli.

Egg whites with salsa or pico.

turkey meatball

P3- my FAVE thing

Baby Bella cheese

1/2 mozz cheese stick wrapped in thin slice salami (sold pre-made at wal-mart) LOVE them!

Greek Yogrt

Sausage Ball

Pork rinds (not always, occasionally)