Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long term slow loser results?

I'm also stalling, and I'm 3 months post op. I've been stalled at 290 - 292 for almost 3 weeks now and getting very frustrated because I still have way more to lose. I'm going to try to increase my Water from 71 oz to 100 oz and do 2 Protein Shakes and see if that helps get the scale moving.

Alright , now I am pissed. I just stepped on the scale and I have gained 3 lbs, I notice that I retain Water in this damn humidity so I took a lasix. This has happened a lot. I am just going liquid I guess. This last 10-20 lbs. is horrible. Grrrrrrr

The first stall is very common

I had a 3 pound gain this weekend too, the most ever since surgery. I'm used to a pound or two bounce, but the 3 freaked me out, because I've been hungry lately, and definitely eating a bit more. Turns out it was just Water or something, because I was almost back to before by Monday. I just drank a shit load of Water to flush my system and was more mindful of my snacking.

As of this morning, I'm down another pound.

By the way, it's going to take me over a year to lose 85 pounds. Is it completely annoying that my weight loss has been slower? HELL YES. But I just deal with the hand given to me and forge ahead. What choice do I have? This is my one and only chance to live a healthy life, and I choose to fight for that. It doesn't mean I've not wanted to give up many, many times. But you've just gotta keep swimming to get there!

Babbs, your post made me look back at my own rate of weight losses pre- and post-WLS. I'm not sure you realize this, but it took me 13 months to lose 90 pounds.

That includes the 2.5 months pre-op diets (my own pre-op diet that lasted 2 months and my surgeon's pre-op liver-shrinking diet for 2 weeks) and all my post-op weight losses (including the 5 pounds I've lost after reaching goal).

That was June 3, 2014, through July 6, 2015. I don't consider that to be a slow weight loss.

You're an impatient girl! ;)

I am motivated but frustrated. I have been stalled for 9-10 months now. I got to 14 lbs from my goal and I have been up and down around that number since. So maybe a fresh cleansing of just the liquid diet will jump start things. Apparently, I cannot even look at carbs because as soon as I put something in my mouth, boom.....I gain. I am so fearful of the diabetes coming back that I have to do this liquid diet again. Wish me luck.

@@VSGAnn2014

You've GOTTA admit, comparatively, it's on the slower side for WLS patients.

I'm just going off the multiple people I see who had more to lose and have reached goal within a year. You're into stats. You can't deny that.

Honestly, I'm not complaining. I'm happy with my loss. I know have exceeded the average % of excess weight at this point. And I know not comparing myself to others is always preached...even by me, lol.

But yes, dammit! I'm impatient!!

Slow loser here. I lost rapidly the first 6 months...about 70. Then a pound here and there. Now I am up a few pounds (some Water eight, some muscle, some from maybe too much carb.) I am at about 1200 a day and work out 4 - 5 days.

I figure it took me 30+ years to get to the point where I needed surgery. It's going to take time to undo it all. Sigh. ????

I know I am a low bmi sleeve here but after 17lbs loss the first 3 weeks I went 1month with no weight loss or gain the after my circle I lost 5lbs the I gain and lost this same amount till my next circle

I went under on Feb 19th have lost 70 pounds. I had 3, 1 month stalls. Then after the stall 6 to 10 pounds would just drop off out of nowhere

post-235255-14402222948811_thumb.jpg

I have been struggling as well. Surgery on March 30, 3015 and in 6 1/2 months I'm down 53 lbs but the bulk of it was in the first 3-4 months. I have had a dramatic slow down the last 2 months with only a few pounds. I have increased my walking, tracking my food and although I know "stalls" can be expected how long to they typically last? I have at least another 50 to go.

Hi I'm lizpeni I gained 3 lbs for the first time since having the sleeve. I went away this weekend I had what I wanted did not really eat that much I but I had some junk food donuts so I understand. What can I do to get back on track 2 shakes and a meal????

Hi I'm lizpeni I gained 3 lbs for the first time since having the sleeve. I went away this weekend I had what I wanted did not really eat that much I but I had some junk food donuts so I understand. What can I do to get back on track 2 shakes and a meal????

Wow! I had the same experience! Went on a girl's trip and now I'm paying for it! How far out are you? I'm 10 months out.

I'm 6 months out, and my weight loss slowed down really bad. I met with my Dr for my 6 month appt, and he put me on 5 days liquid diet (protein). Or same as preop liquid diet. I've lost about 6 pounds in 3 days so far. He said this will jump start it. So, anytime I stall, I will go back to 5 days of liquids.

Well, I am basically a non- loser. I started dieting on my own- presurgery at 245 pound January 2015. I had my surgery April 2015 at 205 pounds, came home next day at 200 pounds. I think the 5 pounds was still from the preop liquid diet. As soon as I had my surgery my weight loss abruptly stopped. I consulted my surgeon as he had taken me off my Metformin and HCTZ (diaretic). At my insistence he put me back on. Even though I eat less than 800 calories a day, drink greater than or equal to 8 glasses of Water and 80 to 90 gm of Protein my weight loss is basically nothing since the surgery. I work out for an our 6 days a week at the gym. I had lost in the 10 months since my surgery but have gained, inexplicably 10 of that back for a net loss of 15 pounds. Prior to surgery my weight loss was steady. It's as if my metabolism was chancged. Both my surgeon and PCP can offer no advice. Additional my triglycerides are now high - 159 which they were not before. I have developed other medical problems and none of my previous problems have resolved. So has anyone ever heard of anyone else that the surgery was such a fail for?