Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do I take to surgery?!

I've been so engulfed in studying up on post-op sleeve business I've totally neglected what to bring to the actual surgery! Help a girl out, ya'll!

P.S. Surgery is on Monday :)))

Really, not much. I wore yoga pants, a sports bra and t-shirt to the hospital and wore it home the next day. The hospital will supply you all of your basic personal items. Bring lip balm, charger for your phone(I brought and extension cord)

Good luck!

I packed entirely too much! Didn't get into my clothes until I left. I only used Chapstick, phone charger, and phone

I had some lists from this site, but believe me you're not gonna use hardly any of that stuff. I would take this:

your own toothbrush

biotene spray (my mouth got dry several times and this was a lifesaver. Just a little spray lasts a long time)
phone and charger

gown that buttons or zips in the front so they can get to your surgery sites

No additional clothes. The clothes I wore there, I also wore home

underwear

sports bra or no bra

your medications

vaseline or lotion (my skin was dry and my sister did parts of my body that i couldn't reach and also my skin started itching from the medication; the vaseline really helped with that)

I also took a tiny "To Go" lysol spray for the gas. but I didn't use because I had no gas. most people do

Comb and/or brush

reading glasses if you use them

Good luck

I brought a boatload of stuff and only used my charger, chapstick, phone, hair brush & tie and sugarfree cough drops. Make sure you have loose, comfy clothes to wear home, as you might be sore and a little swollen, and a small pillow to hold against your stomach for the drive back home. Best of luck to you!!

Edited by Big_Mama

I had a very small bag with clothes which was elastic pants, tank top and pajama jacket. Brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick, phone and charger. Also, brought small bill cash in case my husband wanted something out of vending machines. Had a pillow in the car to go home the bumps were not near as bad as the turns in the car.

I've heard a lot of people suggest gasx strips too because during the surgery they pumps air in you. After surgery a lot of people get gas pains.

I forgot…a pillow too for on the way home. It really helps.

@@Rocky1 I'm not sure. I've only heard about the gas x strips. They're on my list of pre surgery items to get.

Great tips everyone! Thank you so much!!