Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can you do since the weight loss that you could not do before OR what are you looking forward to being able to do once you loss the weight

I can trim my own toenails.

Cross my legges.

It's a long list:

-shop anywhere EXCEPT Lane Bryant

-fit in any seat

-run up stairs and

-outhike my young adult sons

-horsebike ride fast and long hours

-kickboxing without dying

-wear fashionable clothing - including the occasional item from juniors section

-keep up with people even much younger than me

-dance the night away

-sleep without the blankety blank CPAP machine

-live life without prescription meds for high blood pressure

-cross legs

Okay, and here is a funny one - be visible to the rest of the world. I don't think i realized I was invisible until I wasn't anymore, who knew?

Buy clothing in the Misses department, run around after my grandsons and not get tired, have my daughter put her arms all the way around me for a hug, feel happy and excited to step on the scale and have the self confidence to get back into the dating world after the end of a 27 year marriage. Life is good and I'm happier than I've been in many years.

I'm looking forward to more travel.

Fitting in a plane seat.

Not getting winded going up steps

Riding a bike, participating in long rides.

Kayaking

Going on a zipline.

Cross country skiing with my husband

Run (not walk) a 5K

Hiking with my dog

Swimming

sleeping soundly

Miss Mac, I right there with you on the toenail cutting! :P

The two things I find the most amazing since the weight loss is:

1) being able to get up off the floor without having a chair or desk nearby to lever myself up.

2) being able to "step into" my car. I used to have to sit down backwards into my car seat and then pull my legs in.

I can trim my own toenails.

My list is long, but today I just realized another one to add to it...

I can eat in public and not be self-conscious about it. I've been stuck in this class all week and I am starving all day, so I just started snacking during class, which technically is allowed. When I was fat I would never have done that because I would have felt like everyone was looking at me and judging the fat girl who just HAD to eat all the way through class. Today I was talking with another woman about the fact that the worst part of class for me is that I can't eat all the time, and she laughs and goes "oh that must be why you are so tiny- I've heard that when you snack all day you tend to be thin". I wanted to hug that wonderful woman for calling me tiny, but the experience made me aware again of something that is very different for me now that I am a "normal" size.

I'm looking forward to:

Long walks in the park

Walking the mall without sitting to rest

Fit comfortably in a chair/seat

Going out in public without being look at because of my size

Able to wear different type of fashion clothes instead of the boring yoga pants and shirts

Able to go amusement park with my daughter and not worrying about if I'm able to get on the rides

Doing Disney World without a scooter

List goes on...

At the gym I go to we do bear crawls-forwards and backwards. Never could do the backwards part until now. Huge personal victory for me with many more to come.

you don't even realize what you can't do after so many years of being over weight. My husband and I just went to Florida for a few days, we drove down.

I can rest my feet on the dash board, something I have not done in 30+ years.

Played mini-golf and pickup my own ball. When I sat in the roller coasters, there was extra room in seat. Walk the parks with no problem. Go to beach in bathing suit. Sit on ground and get back up without help. Polish my own toe nails.

endless possibilities. I have not been under 200+ lbs in 30 years. I am now about 150. My only regret that I did not do this sooner. I work hard to use my tool correctly, but would not trade it for anything