Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date is March 23rd. My surgeon requires a two week pre-op diet which consists of four Protein Drinks daily and only Clear Liquids. Well I have three days till I start and let me just say I am eating anything and everything I can. I'm so excited for this life changing surgery and I'm scared. I know I will be able to eat things I want in moderation again someday. I just feel like this is the time to eat whatever guilt free! Anyone else experiencing this "last supper syndrome" ?

Not me, I stopped my wine (my vice) last week, I am off all coffee and am trying to lose a few pounds before my surgery on the 10th. I feel like I could eat a horse, but I am fighting that feeling. I went and bought all my sugar free stuff and a few more Protein Drinks today. I do not have a pre-op diet but am trying to cut back in hopes it helps me post surgery. Good luck!

I am enjoying all kinds of "last suppers" before liquid diet starts next Thursday. Nothing overboard, but one last taste :)

My 2 week pre-op liquid diet started March 2nd and the week before I had all my favorites; pizza, Mexican, Chinese and Indian. I called them my food funerals. I am on day 4 of my liquid diet and after the first 2 days it's been a lot easier. Congratulations and good luck.

My surgery is on March 20, and I've been doing the same thing. Tomorrow is my last day before I start my pre-op diet on Saturday. But, my diet is high-Protein low-carb, not liquids, so I've mainly been splurging on the sweets. Since sweets are a big weakness for me I plan to steer clear of them forever after surgery, and I think savoring these last farewells has helped me get in the right mental mindset for surgery in 2 weeks.

I did give up soda and all carbonated drinks about three months ago. finally gave up my coffee and all caffeine about three weeks ago. Did not want to start my liquid diet AND detox all at the same time. I'm excited and ready for this. Glad to know the pre op gets better after a couple days.

I called it food funerals.....had them my entire last week...nothing outrageous but definitely unhealthy....I'm on day 6 of 16 and I'm doing well...the first 3 days are the hardest!! Very important to drink your water!

So nice to see I wasn't alone in my trying to get a taste of all things I love which all horrible for you one last time. At least for about a year.

My Dr. Has me on a liquid diet two weeks before surgery. I'm scheduled for March 17th. I started my liquid diet the other day I'm heading into day 4 tomorrow it actually hasn't been as bad as I thought. It's all Protein and Clear Liquids.

My stomach grumbles a lot but it's not hungry which k am thankful for!

Good luck everyone.

My 2 week pre-op liquid diet started March 2nd and the week before I had all my favorites; pizza, Mexican, Chinese and Indian. I called them my food funerals. I am on day 4 of my liquid diet and after the first 2 days it's been a lot easier. Congratulations and good luck.

I did the same thing! Mexican, Chinese, Mexican, Italian...smaller portions but I needed to do that...for me.

Like the title of the feed. I started my Protein Shakes and clear diet on 3/2nd. I can't lie I had a "Food Funeral". That Sat & Sun. To be honest I couldn't go as hard as I thought bcuz. The mindset has changed over the last 8 months. But I did enjoy

My surgery date is March 23rd also and yes since I found out that date on Thursday, I have been having food funerals also. Tonight was olive garden :( sad goodbye but it is over for us and I bid them adieu on leaving. Tomorrow I a grilling a steak and having that last wine with it. Monday starts the preop. Funny I did not overdue anything but yes I have the same thoughts

I had my food funerals last weekend lol

For sure. I have a 24 hour liquid pre-op diet. I really wanted to eat healthy beforehand and when I thought my surgery was going to be in February I did. But but so much now that I know it will be March 17. Like most, nothing terrible but certainly not healthy. The last thing on my list is going to be a ribeye!

Funny today I had sirloin strip on the grill and barbeque pork rib with homemade macaroni and cheese. So there you have it I had to have steak and ribs too. Its over I start the preop in the morning for two weeks. So here we go I am finally there!! I got my cabinet organized with flavors and Protein powders the ninja out and on the counter. I got this lets move on now

Totally agree with having so called food funerals... I have had them for months... But today is my first day if Protein shakes and 14 days until my surgery.

Cannot wait to start my new life! Nervous, yes. Terrified, sure. But excited? Oh, yes!