Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did great until the holidays. I'm struggling big time. I'm not eating like I should.. I'm trying to get better. I haven't been to the gym in a long time!!

I have had my port flipped and fixed and had a hernia repair. I'm all better from both surgeries but I haven't gotten myself back to eating healthy and gym.. I feel stuck.. I'm really going to push myself to not eat junk and eat healthier foods. So hard this time of year. I had my Lapband put in on April 11, 2014 and my year mark is coming up and I have only lost 65lbs. Ugg..

Let me start by saying 65lbs in less than a year is amazingly good! You have to realize you're body has been through a lot, you've had 3 surgeries in less than a year that's lot of adjusting for your body.

What is your main motivation to have surgery? What has been your motivation throughout your 65lbs loss? Are you wearing cuter clothes? Are you someone who needs to continue to lose to get off or stay off of medications?

Just throwing these things out there to get you thinking about why you made the decision to have WLS. Grab ahold of all the those reasons you decided to have this surgery, remember the commitment that you made to yourself, grab onto that 65lbs you've lost and let this be the motivation that keeps you going. Remember how good it felt when you went in for your weigh-in to look down and be like omgosh I just lost xxxlbs. That's exciting and all you need is to restart yourself just enough to rediscover that excitement and then it will be easier for you to stay on track. Can you go back to liquids for a couple of days and then progress into mushies, soft and solids. If I were in this position that is what I would do.

Hang in there, you can do this!

Edited by enjoythetime

I have actually had 4 surgeries in one year. 1- gallbladder 2-Lapband 3- port flip and 4- hernia repair.

Thank you for your Encouraging words!! It does help. I had weight loss surgery because I have struggled with my weight from age 14. I tried everything! I finally found out I had pcos also. My doctor put me on a diet and I did that for a year and still nothing. So I had WLS. I would do it again to. I just really fell of the wagon and need to get back on! Thanks for reminding me why I did this! I wanna be here for my little boy and be healthy enough to have more children!

Edited by ChristineZ

Going to try and stay motivated!

Edited by ChristineZ

@@ChristineZ 65 pounds is something to be proud of!!! I too think it would be a good idea to start the stages over for a bit. Are you logging your food and exercise?? Are you planning your meals? I know when I hit a slump I'm not doing any of that. You can do this! Take time this evening to plan out your food for tomorrow and see how that goes! Best wishes! Keep us posted!

Way to go on the 65 gone, gone, gone. Don't beat yourself up -- you've really grabbed a hold of of your health and you're showing up for yourself.

Looking reward to spring. I agree this is a difficult time of year as far as getting out to exercise, etc. I need to reboot as well....mentally and physically.

I have a new pair off jeans that are too small. Sometimes a goal like fitting into something works for me -- I'm going to hang them on a hook in the bathroom where I will see them all the time. It's good to remind ourselves of what we want and for me something smaller and achievable is easier to wrap my head around then, say, my goal weight. ..

Sending best wishes -- keep us posted!

Thanks all!!

I'm feeling better today and staying motivated and moving!!

I got out to walk last night and that felt good. Maybe I'm pulling out of my slump. Love how we help each other here!

You can do it I'm only six days in and I'm certain feel hundred percent better already I just hope everything goes fine want to go back to work 65 pounds is more than I've lost in 12 years

I really needed to read this. I have been eating badly all week. Getting back to it this week!

@@jasminebsn3 me too! Maybe we are all having mid-winter pre-spring blues?? lol. I love the support and accountability this site can provide. I felt so great after my last fill, thinking I was in the green and everything, but now I am not so sure. I definitely feel in a funk and I am trying to snap out of it and get back to eating right and exercising. I totally get what everyone is saying! Chin up - to myself more than anybody! We can do this. :-)

I know how you feel. 01/07/15 was my year anniversary of being banded. I've lost 45 lbs- which for me to loose more than 5 lbs in a year is a miracle. I tried for several years working with doc to lose weight before the surgery. I don't regret it, but the last month or so it's been harder for me to stay on track. I don't know if it's the cold, gloomy weather or what. In January I joined Jazzercise, which I really like, but despite doing that for an hour 4-5 days a week. I haven't really lost anymore weight since before Christmas. I feel that I am falling into the same cycle I did before surgery. I'm on track for a while, but when I see that I'm not loosing-I self medicate by eating whatever I want... It's hard to stay motivated when you aren't seeing results.

It must be this winter weather!! I have been moving-moving the last few days. I know I haven't been eating right. But I have to get myself back on track! I didn't come this far to quit!! I didn't suffer most of my life to go back! I'm going to lose this weight and so can all of you!! Thanks for the kind words! It does really help! I'm going with a friend that wants the surgery to the seminar. I'm excited to show people my before and now pictures!

Keep at it everyone! We are worth it and deserve it!!

I needed to see this posts tonight. I was banded September 4, 2014. I've lost 25 lbs and then nothing since December. I've been yo-yoing with 5 lbs for the past 3 months. I've decided to go back to pre-op plan of 2 Protein Shakes a day and 1 balanced healthy meal for a couple of weeks to see if I can't get a jump start. I'm glad to learn that I am not the only one struggling! Thank you for your words of encouragement. We can do this!!