Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone recommend a good tasting, affordable Protein Powder? I've tried several and they all have a strong Vitamin taste and smell to them and make me very nauseated. I'm currently drinking the ready made Premier Protein shakes. I'm hoping to find something unflavored as well, so that I may add it to Soups and other foods.

I know that Premier Protein has just come out with actual protein powders in chocolate and vanilla, but the nutrition info is actually higher than the pre-made shakes, though the protein content of 30g is still the same.

Any suggestion??

I just want to mention that Premeir changed its formula to a Protein concentrate in the fall. This does not work for us.

I use unjury. It's not like a milkshake but does the job.

I like Cellucor whey, I've tried the Cor-Fetti and Red Velvet Cake Batter flavors. Cor-Fetti is really sweet and rich, the Red Velvet is much better IMO. Still sweet and chocolatey but not overpowering.

I also like Quest Strawberries & Cream and Vanilla Milkshake flavors. They have casein and whey Proteins so they're a bit thicker in texture.

I make all of my Proteins with Water, never milk. The Quest ones I blend with ice, the others I blend or shake and pour over ice.

I finished the required 12 week course in order to prepare for my RNY in Oct 2014, and Premier Protein was listed as one of the acceptable Protein supplements. Maybe I should keep looking for an alternative.

I finished the required 12 week course in order to prepare for my RNY in Oct 2014, and Premier Protein was listed as one of the acceptable Protein supplements. Maybe I should keep looking for an alternative.

I would. I know a lot are upset and refuse to change. Many NUTS are not aware Premeir changed its formula and are still recommending it. It was not even worth the slightest risk to me so I am with Unjury right now but trying samples of thing. Frankly taste wise I am not too picky.

I'm looking at the Unjury website right now. A friend told me she saw it on Amazon but I cannot find it. My issue with other Protein powders is the strong Vitamin smell and taste. It really makes me feel ill.

I'm looking at the Unjury website right now. A friend told me she saw it on Amazon but I cannot find it. My issue with other Protein powders is the strong Vitamin smell and taste. It really makes me feel ill.

If you directly to their site you can order one serving samples. I have ordered samples from three different places now.

Piping Rock, the very best and least expensive non flavored Protein. It does not curdle when heated and mixes very easily. It is truly a powder, I find Unjury grainy. You can find Piping Rock on Amazon for about $13 smackers too.

Max Muscle's Maxpro is descent and you only have to mix one scoop with 4 oz of Fluid. They are one Rockwall, TX, but I think you can order online at www.maxmuscle.com. If you live local you go in and taste test the flavors.

Many thanks to each of you for your suggestions. I did order some samples from Unjury and enjoyed the chocolate Splendor flavor...so far. I am going to continue looking though so each and every suggestion is GREATLY appreciated.

I love Genepro! It has 30 grams of Protein in one tablespoon. It is tasteless and odorless and supposedly mixes instantly in hot and cold beverages. However, I have found that not to be true. I haven't been able to mix it with cold. I use it in hot beverages. It's so easy to get my 60 to 90 grams per day this way.