Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitbit users?

Does anyone have any Fitbit products? Is it worth the investment? I already have a polar watch, so I was going to just get a regular scale, but then I saw the Fitbit scale. I like accessibility and techy stuff.

(Disclaimer: I know it doesn't make my goals any easier to achieve. I don't NEED fancy devices. I'm just looking for a review to see if anyone found it helpful.)

I've had a fitbit flex for over a year...love it.

I got the garmin vivosmart with heart monitor. I bought the garmin because I swim a lot and it can go in the pool and get wet in the rain.

I have used it just 2 weeks. It was great for reminding me to MOVE. If I sit too long it buzzes me to move, so I get up and walk for 5 minutes. It does all the same as fitbit I think. They both link with My fitness pal.

However, I may return it (got 30 days Amazon). The reviews said all activity monitors may not track accurately the amount of exercise. That is my experience. One day I know I got more steps in than it showed, the next I was pretty inactive and it showed a lot more than I did. I can adjust it each day but I"m really not into another device (add it to my phone) controlling my life and time. I also had a hard time getting the heart monitor to work.

I'm not sure it was worth the money.

I got the garmin vivosmart with heart monitor. I bought the garmin because I swim a lot and it can go in the pool and get wet in the rain.

I have used it just 2 weeks. It was great for reminding me to MOVE. If I sit too long it buzzes me to move, so I get up and walk for 5 minutes. It does all the same as fitbit I think. They both link with My fitness pal.

However, I may return it (got 30 days Amazon). The reviews said all activity monitors may not track accurately the amount of exercise. That is my experience. One day I know I got more steps in than it showed, the next I was pretty inactive and it showed a lot more than I did. I can adjust it each day but I"m really not into another device (add it to my phone) controlling my life and time. I also had a hard time getting the heart monitor to work.

I'm not sure it was worth the money.

Thanks, this is just the type of information I need. What do you think you'll be going with, if not the garmin?

I received a Fitbit Flex for Christmas and really enjoy it- seeing those green smiley faces are the best motivation for me! I only have one "complaint", and it's about the wristband. I've already had to replace it after only a couple of months using it. Now, I NEVER take it off unless it's to charge it, so perhaps those things don't really stand up to showering, doing dishes or the other stuff I do with mine on, but I will say that the customer service department was very nice, and once they were able to verify my registration, they send me a brand new band free of charge within the week.

I got a fitbit for Christmas too. Love it, it helps me see where I need to improve my walking etc, and shows me how much sleep I did or didn't get that night. (Which explains why Im typing this at 3:30 in the morning.......) My only complaint is that if you lose the charger no body carries a replacement !!!! Not Best Buy, Target or Walmart , so you have to order one from Amazon for about 10 bucks ! Very frustrating !!! Other than that, I love mine !

I love my fitbit. I don't have the scale, but might get it sometime. My daughter has both and really likes them. I've had the fitbit for about three years or more. I love tech stuff, too!

I have a fitbit Charge HR, which just replaced my beloved fitbit Flex. I also have the fitbit Aria scale and I love how easily it integrates with everything else (including My Fitness Pal!). I don't know that I would have invested in it if I already had a smart scale, but it's so smooth and effortless that I love it. And it's completely aligned with my doctor's scale, so I always know in advance what I'm going to see at the next appt.

I received a Fitbit Flex for Christmas and really enjoy it- seeing those green smiley faces are the best motivation for me! I only have one "complaint", and it's about the wristband. I've already had to replace it after only a couple of months using it. Now, I NEVER take it off unless it's to charge it, so perhaps those things don't really stand up to showering, doing dishes or the other stuff I do with mine on, but I will say that the customer service department was very nice, and once they were able to verify my registration, they send me a brand new band free of charge within the week.

I had to replace my Fitbit Flex bands several times as well. They do not stand up to constant wearing. Aftermarket bands are even worse, and it can be sometimes difficult to tell on places like Amazon if you're ordering a genuine OE replacement part or a knockoff.

That's actually my biggest concern with the Charge HR, because the band is not replaceable (or at least, not easily). I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but am curious to see how it holds up.

Right have the Fitbit charge and I absolutely love it. The inly time I take it off is to shower and to charge it. It requires a charge about once a week or so. When I bought it I was concerned about the band letting loose because I read the reviews on it but I really liked the functionality and how it feeds info to my fitness pal which I use daily to track my food.

I have never had a problem with the band at all and I am glad I made the purchase. The only thing I would do differently is I would have purchased the Fitbit charge HR. It would be nice to have the heart rate feature.

I love my fitbit flex. I've had it over a year, I rarely take it off, and I've had no issues with the band. It's been perfect.

All my friends have fitbit, too- and that makes it so fun! They have challenges where you can compete. It really is motivating!

There are many devices that are useful as fitbit. In my opinion the main purpose for us is to remember that we have to move. Currently I'm using a pebble watch with the iPhone Missfit app and a nike + fuelband. I'm a geek person so I like to try this kind of devices. I'm waiting also the Mi-Band of Xiaomi that I've already ordered :-) I'll let you know how it is working.

i have a flex and i love it. i have every color of the rainbow and change daily to match my clothes

I got my Fitbit Charge HR today! It's currently charging, but I'm so excited to start using it!