Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

myalli fat blocker?

On the Myalli website, they recommend taking a change of clothes with you because of the "treatment effects" (in other words SIDE effects) because of the oily "discharge".

No, thanks!

On the Myalli website, they recommend taking a change of clothes with you because of the "treatment effects" (in other words SIDE effects) because of the oily "discharge".

No, thanks!

Eeeewwwww....that is SO gross!!! Perhaps I'll rethink this! I'm already eating low fat...how much can it really help beyond that? I don't want to have to buy depends...I don't think they make them in my size!!!! hahahaha!! Guess we women could always put a sanitary napkin on the back end of our panties! LOL

I took Xenical when it first came out. It was SOOOOOOO not worth it. What a MESS!

First of all can you beleive they actually want you to consume that much fat with each meal??????

When I was on the diabetic association diet, we were allowed 3 exchanges of fat PER DAY. My oldest daughter has a weight issue as well, and started this week on this drug. I personally think it should not be allowed to be sold over the counter, because young people and old alike may have other issues affecting them that is going to affect there health.

I am on Bontril which is what I was on before, and it is helping me prior to getting my first fill, and my doctor said it was ok...

I just wanted to warn people about the danger of this so called 'safe' FDA approved drug. I took it two weeks ago and was only on it for 4 days before I developed a severely high fever. I already at or near at my goal weight and eat a low fat diet but got extremely sick. I immediately associated the fever with the pills and quit taking them but the fever remained. I missed work all last week, thinking I had came down with the flu because my symptoms mimicked them (fever, body aches, chills, sweats, etc). I also had horrible oily stools that started on day 3 from taking the Alli pills, even though I didn't eat over the recommended 15grams of fat per meal that they allow you to eat. I called the Alli corp center and explained what was going on and they are in the process of giving me a full credit, saying that getting a fever from the pills is not normal. Well, my fever wouldn't go away and after missing 4 days of work I was getting restless, annoyed and worried. No matter how much Tylenol Flu, advil, fever reducing medicine took my fever wouldn't dissipate. So I went to the ER on Saturday and it turns out that I at first contracted a UTI (urinary tract infection) but it progressed and went into my kidneys. It wa so severe that she told me that I would of had to been hospitalized had I not of gone in when I did. I never had any burning when I peed or anything like that. Those pills are evil. Basically you poo and pee orange grease and that crud got caught up in my urethra, then my kidneys. I just wanted to warn others that may be thinking of taking them that they can potentially kill you and are dangerous. My infection in my kidneys was very bad and I am just now starting to feel normal again, after a week of heavy antibiotics and lots of Water to flush them out. And that was only after 4 days of MyAlli!!! I only hope that they go off the market soon so other women don't get sick. I have never had a UTI in my life and dont' get sick because I eat right and work out and the moment I take these pills I am severely ill. Just a heads up fellow bandsters!! I am back to sticking to my diet/exercise regimen to maintain my weight.

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/160/160

5'8''

I am so sorry you have been so ill and I'm glad that you are feeling some better (and that Alli is giving you a full refund).

But I am sort of lost as to how a fat blocking pill can give you an infection? I can't see how that's possible.

Did the doctors say they thought you might have had a UTI brewing and they believe the Alli contributed to it? Eeek!

I have just started on these pills and am having pretty good success. I am a very slow loser and have tried just about everything to start losing weight again after a long stall. I only take one with supper and have never had a "problem" however I eat pretty low fat. Reading the material that comes with them it says it blocks 25% of fat. I have lost 2 pounds this week!!!! It has been months since I have done that! This is alot of weight for me to lose and I have done nothing different! Check out e-bay they sell them for alot less than in the stores. I have no side effects and feel less hungery. E-mail me if you have questions.

In my opinion i wouldn't use a diet pill i would work out or do jenny or weigh watchers because i kno many people that do both of those and see great results.

In my opinion i wouldn't use a diet pill i would work out or do jenny or weigh watchers because i kno many people that do both of those and see great results.

I don't care for Jenny Craig or WW either. Lots of people do very well on them but as soon as they go off the weight comes right back on.

WLS means a lifestyle change. Overhauling your diet so you don't need WW and JC.