Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

So as we go into June. I just wanted to wish all my May Sleevers good luck. Had my surgery may 12th. Doing good. 23 pounds down. Next week I'm starting on solid food. Looking forward to that. My energy level is low because I'm not drinking enough Water so I am working on that .

everyone seems that be losing so much I am 3 1/2 weeks out and only down 11 lbs im really starting to get discouraged because if im not losing while im barely eating how am i going to lose when I start eating food ugghh

May 26th is my surgery date! Very Anxious..wish it was here already. How has your journey been so far pre-op?

Hi,

Had my GS on May 26 as well. How are you managing?

May 11th sleeved. Just had to run out today for new belts. 22 pounds gone 4 ever feeling great. Love my sleeve

get the web belts, they are adjustable and you can cut the ends off as the get too long..

I was also sleeved on the 26th and I'm not having a lot of gas pain anymore, but when I sip on any liquids I feel like it gets stuck at the end of my esophagus for a couple of secs and then I can hear it squirt into my stomach lol so weird. Has that happened to anyone? Also my air conditioner is making my throat dry and makes me cough. My incisions hurt when that happens but I'm mostly concerned that I'm going to cause a leak.

I can't attest to the hearing the noise, but for the coughing, I've been so nervous too! I'm getting over a bad cold from pre-surgery still and I had a coughing fit today, and it hurt my stomach so badly! I was so afraid I was going to open an incision or cause a leak!
if you feel a cough coming on, grab a pillow and hold it against your stomach for support. It helps..

I had a lot of shoulder pain while in the hospital ,it got better, i did a lot of walking and also took liquid tylenol. Feel better.

Ugh does this ever get better!! I hurt! Pain meds hurt my sleeve. I can only take a teaspoon sip at a time. Is that normal? Bad gas pain in my shoulder. I think the hernia repair is more uncomfortable than my sleeve

yes it gets better, walk as much as possible as often as possible, it stretches you out gently and moves the gas..

Two weeks post op and gained a pound from yesterday. So upset. I had a shake, broth, and about three spoonfuls of Cream of Wheat. Otherwise it was a day of Water and diet iced tea! Where's the justice?!

Katie! I am also just over 2 weeks post-op and I have found that a couple of those days I have seemed to gain a bit also...but have heart, also a day or two after I loose it and more...probably just hormone fluctuations or depends of you have peed, had a bm, what you ate, time of day, etc. lots of factors :) As long as it keeps going down, you are good :) I know it can be a bummer to see though...I was never one to keep getting on the scale but I find myself doing it at least once maybe twice a day :) We are still AWESOME!! Blessings!
my advice, pick one day a week and let that be your weigh in day. Physiologically, you can retain lose Water in a day plus other foods (fibrous vs. liquid, etc). A week gives your body time to equalize.. This weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.. Focus on the longer term... Good luck

Same here, they say it wont last long and that it is normal.

Good Luck!! You'll do great. I had it this past Thursday and have had no pain. I was nauseated, but only periodically for two days. I'm just sooooooooo hungry!! Lol

this hunger this early was mental hunger for me.. Keep drinking and it will get easier to manage.

I am feeling so much better today!! I am most freaked out about getting the drain removed. Does that hurt?

I am feeling so much better today!! I am most freaked out about getting the drain removed. Does that hurt?

I'm wondering about the drains. We don't have them in UK as far as I know. So it's a bit better not having to have that done. But from what I've read from others on here it's very straightforward and nothing to worry about. Just one more step on road to recovery

I'm wondering about the drains. We don't have them in UK as far as I know. So it's a bit better not having to have that done. But from what I've read from others on here it's very straightforward and nothing to worry about. Just one more step on road to recovery

Edited by bestisyettocome859

I'm almost 4 wks out. I too was bit surprised about the drain. Mine went across the lower abdomen but came out easy. Just felt weird. Take a deep breath RELAX and it will be over before you know it.

I was sleeved on the 27th. The first 36 hours were a little rough and I had lots of gas pain. Walking definitely helps. I started taking the liquid pain medicine right away to get ahead of the pain and discomfort and that helped a lot. 2 days post op I spent a day with my sister shopping and walking around. I was amazed I felt good enough and pretty much felt normal. I'm 4 days post op down 14lbs and feel generally good besides being tired of Jello and popsicles.

I'm May 26th! Any other Massachusetts sleevers? I've got some nerves about just having surgery in general but I'm excited! Also, anybody under 24 or so getting the sleeve soon? It's weird for me to be getting it at 23 when I haven't met anyone else as young who is!

I was sleeves on May 20th and I'm 25, you're not alone! ????

I'm May 26th! Any other Massachusetts sleevers? I've got some nerves about just having surgery in general but I'm excited! Also, anybody under 24 or so getting the sleeve soon? It's weird for me to be getting it at 23 when I haven't met anyone else as young who is!

I was sleeves on May 20th and I'm 25, you're not alone! ????

I was sleeved in the 26th and I'm actually 21! The whole no-alcohol thing seems to be the hardest for me right now because all of my friends are having birthdays and the bar is where we all seem to hang out now!