Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

@@Rocky1 The packet my NUT has given me states the following for Pre and Post Op:

2 weeks Pre & 2 weeks Post:

2-8 weeks post:

2 months post surgery:

• Introduction of fresh cooked meats such as chicken breast, ground turkey, fresh fish, and veggies and fruit.< /li>

6 months post surgery:

• Continue Protein choices, veggies, fruits and intro to starches/whole grains.

I hope this helps!

@@MoMo12onTheGo - Wow, talk about speeding up the process going from 6 to 3 months what an emotional roller coaster, but exiting. May will be here sooner than we know.

Hi all, my last nut visit will be on April 10th, I have almost all of my requirements done, just need the clearance letters : ) I am hoping for end of April beginning of May ... I am so ready!

Hi May sleevers! I'm set with a May 13th surgery date. Only 6 weeks to go! 4 weeks till liquid diet begins. I feel lucky though, my surgeon only requires a mostly liquid diet pre op, with 3 shakes a day and one healthy meal of lean Protein and veggies for 13 days then one day of full liquid. I've got a month worth of protein powders/meal replacement shakes that I got on sale from Vitamin Shoppe. So ready to get this thing started. In the mean time I'm working on slowing down my feeding pace, getting my Water in and taking my Vitamins regularly.

Edited by Less of Jess

May 26th. San Deigo, CA Sharp Hospital. Dr. George Mueller. Can't Wait

May 26th. San Diego, CA. Sharp Hospital. Dr. George Mueller. Can't get here soon enough.

Im on may 23????. Im anxious for it to hurry up but an also getting everything ready, organized and sanitized for my week after to recover in a nice neat home. Doing so much cleaning closets, pantry, my husband said stop throwing good food away. Lol thats my problem now....the food is to good. I just want to be ready when time comes.

@@bvenegas ... I had the opposite experience with my insurance. At my last weigh in I was told in 2015 my insurance now only requires 3months rather than 6 so everything was moved up. Talk about a feeling of a PHYSICAL fast forward lol.. I was excited at first, but after having a week to think about it.. I am nervous and feel ill prepared mentally..

I hear ya on the mental preparation front. I have been told my surgery will be in early May, however I haven't gotten my date.

I meet with the surgeon 04/08 and am hoping to be sleeved the week before Memorial Day.

I am hoping for a May date as well! Ive been on this journey since last August and it has been a tough one! I just had my last 2 tests this morning and spoke to the nurse afterwards, everything is ready to go! The surgeons meet next Tuesday to look at my case and after that it goes to insurance for approval. Im soooo ready to be on the losers bench! Hope to keep in touch everyone!

I have my appointment to meet my surgeon on the 6th and then will set the date! Hoping for sometime mid May, but don't know how busy the surgery schedule is.

So excited and nervous! I'll be among you in the May Sleeve Group! My surgery is set for May 13. Feels like so far away, but I know it will be here before I know it! I have so many questions, so I'm hoping this site helps! Best wishes to all of us!!

Katie