Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two days ago and you're already trying Protein drinks? I understand that everyone's post surgery diet is (slightly) different, but I'm sure I was on clear fluids and broth only for about the first five days. Protein Drinks were introduced early, but not within 2 days.

Yes, it gets better. Yes, gurgling is absolutely normal.

Congratulations on this very exciting first step.

I was SOOOOOO gurgly in the early days. It does go away for the most part, but I still get some bouts of it when I eat/drink certain things. My Vitamins make me gurgly if I don't eat at the same time I take them. And room temperature Water makes me gurgly still. No problem with ice water or hot beverages now though.

I'm almost a year out and still experience gurgles....i too was on Clear Liquids for a week, then regular liquids for 2 weeks, then soft foods. The Protein could very easily be causing the noise. Best of luck -- best ride you will ever take!

Thank you all very much. I think it's getting a little easier and less gurgly. My larger Vitamins almost had me vomit last night, but I kept everything down. I'm sure it's just a latter of swelling and general newness in there. Thanks again for responding so fast!

I was on clear liquid the day of surgery, and the following day. Then 9 days of full liquids. Vitamins start with puree, you cannot take vits on an empty stomach, even not sleeved! Your vits should also be chewable. It sounds like you need to slow down.

Your vits should also be chewable.< /p>

To be fair, different surgeons have different recommendations regarding this. The brand of Vitamins my surgeon recommended are capsules (the kind that can be broken open). I was supposed to open them and dump the contents into my shakes or yogurt immediately post-op and then I was allowed to begin swallowing them whole 7 days post-op.

It gets better! I was worried when I first started drinking, but it's gotten a lot better. I'll be three weeks out on Monday!

I was given Protein Shakes in the hospital. What's the difference between having Protein shakes which are liquid and clear liquids? I don't understand how any one can function on an all liquid diet for a long period of time, if you look into it it's not healthy at all for your body, you need nutrients.

I have been on Protein shakes3x a day made from 4 oz organic skim milk since day 3 post op, this is my surgeons protocol. Other than the shakes I am still on Clear liquids. I was extremely gurgly at first and it is getting better each day.

Edited by minniegirl