Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Day 2 post op and hoping to be released from the hospital today...I find the gas pain worse in the evening, so I walked last night...still sick feeling with every sip of water....and the hunger cramps hurt my stomach....but all in all feeling better....can't wait to get home!!

Scheduled for this Monday the 13th. Nervous but excited. Lost 18 lbs in pre-op and I didn't think the diet was too hard to adjust to.

@ LoriNS I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and I too suffered from gas pain....yes walking helps, walking stairs helps even more, walking stairs AND taking gas-x helps but what I have found to help the MOST with gas pain and nausea is chicken broth! It is like magic .....College Hill fat free and reduced sodium chicken broth and it fixes the gas and nausea....I personally do NOT recommend the powdered kind because it had too many spices for me and made my stomach upset but the premixed is GREAT...good luck with your progress and I hope you are feeling better soon....that gas pain was the worst for me also

I have chicken broth at home, and will stop for gas x!! Thanks for the tips!!

I am trying to get prepared for surgery 4/16. Hard part is I am moving into a new house day before surgery. It was supposed to be ready this weekend. I keep feeling like I am going to forget something I need.

So I am scheduled for surgery on the 14th and had an appointment yesterday with the anesthesiologist (never heard anyone else mentioned this before) anyhow just saw a missed call from the surgeon's office that they need to talk to me about something I discussed with the anesthesiologist now I am nervous not sure what the hell that means I dont remember telling him anything that the doctor isnt already aware of. Anyone out there with any ideas or suggestions? Just so I can stop freaking out I can't speak to the doctor until Monday.

April 1st sleevers- What are you doing for exercise? Just walking? I have my 2 week post op appointment wednesday but I feel like I have the energy to do the elliptical. Did anyone's surgeon give them a timeline of when you could do what? Thanks!

Hi there, I was April 2, I have been walking about 1.25 miles each day, after about day 4 post op. Took a little walking hike of 3 miles at the Calaveras Big Trees which was a bit challenging because I didn't have the stamina. I took it slow and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Looking to do more as well, but don't think I'm ready to start running just yet. I had got into running the 6 months prior to surgery and ran my first 5k 4 days before surgery.

hello all, been lurking on the forums for a while but decided i finally just need to start posting.

Was sleeved last Monday, April 6th. Felling good so far, haven't had any problems with anything I have tried, just constant bubbly guts. Haven't been able to quite reach my protein/water goals but getting closer every day.

I have my first post op on wed but want to start going to the gym (at least a treadmill). The doc wants to send me back to work in two weeks, so I want to try and get some endurance back before. Have any of you tried working out yet?

Hello!!!!! Im New here and my surgery is April 17th! :) but I am a little nervous .. :unsure: but Excited all at the same time... :D