Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

@@jessica.lee91 i had sleeve gastrectomy one week ago and I will tell you the only way I got through it was by not thinking too much about it.... I didn't do a lot of research or talk to a lot of people about it bc I knew it would just give me anxiety... The person I DID talk to was my surgeon... he was able to answer all my questions and put me at ease.... Read my posts I have given some tips and details from my experience so far that may help you.... Best of luck and I'm sure you will be just fine just follow the rules your surgeon gives you and be HAPPY that you are on your way to a healthy lifestyle :)

Is anyone else on the 8th of March. Im starting to get very nervous?

Hi Jessica.lee91????

Did you mean the 8th of March or April ❓

I'm scheduled for April 8th, just a few more days away!!

Nervous, excited .... ????

Is anyone else on the 8th of March. Im starting to get very nervous?

Hi Jessica.lee91????

Did you mean the 8th of March or April ❓

I'm scheduled for April 8th, just a few more days away!!

Nervous, excited .... ????

Yes I ment of april ha ha so not long now. How are you feeling about it all?

@@jessica.lee91

I'm doing good, starting to have some mixed emotions.

When I start to doubt my decision I look to all the success stories & B/A pictures.

Pre-Op diet hasn't been too awful bad. 2 Protein shakes, 1 sensible meal with SF Snacks. Monday start all liquid.

How about yourself ❓

Hey! Mine is scheduled for April 20th!

Hey mis4may! I just got my surgery date and I am scheduled for April 20th as well!!!! Are you getting excited or what?

Would love to support each other if you are still interested!

Jill

....hi, I too am scheduled for the 20th. I have never been so ready. I'm so excited and can't wait. Good luck and hopefully we can support each other.

I am 2 weeks pre op & getting nervous. Also, got a great offer for a new job that would start 2 weeks after my surgery. Starting to wonder if I should postpone the surgery.

I just had surgery yesterday, the gas pain is really bad. Finally got up today to start walking.

Surgery is April 18 in Mexico with Dr. Kelly. I am soooo excited now that I'm on day 3 of my pre-op. I actually started a pre pre-op a few weeks ago, and have lost about 6 lbs. I read every post on this thread and wish everyone well in their individual journey.

I had my sleeve on Wed, April 1 and have been progressing very well (knock on wood). I think this has been a combination of good luck, a good surgeon and following the instructions to the "T".

My liquid diet started 10 days prior, the first 5 of which were miserable. The lack of calories is really a shock to your system. But by about the 6th day in, I began to get used to it.

The surgery went fine. A lot of waiting around and paperwork. Right before the procedure, I was given some "happy juice" and wheeled into the O.R. where the whole team was assembled. I recall transferring to the operating table and an oxygen mask going on and then...out!!! The next thing I recalled was waking up in the recovery area.

Not sure of the pain medicine I was given, but I was in very little pain. After a few hours there waiting for a hospital bed to open up, I was encouraged to walk (with assistance from the nurse) to the men's room to try to urinate. And it felt OK walking.

Once up to the room I was hooked to to wheeled IV / heart monitor and also encouraged to take laps around the floor. The was to release aim of the gas from the surgery. I took laps almost every 2 hrs through the night. I had some gas pain but not too much.

Since getting home, I have been following my liquid diet again, as instructed. Moving to Soups tomorrow!!! I have been also walking the neighborhood for at least 45 minutes each day.

I still have some random gas pains but manageable. I will keep following the diet as my stomach is in the healing process.

Hey! Mine is scheduled for April 20th!

Hey mis4may! I just got my surgery date and I am scheduled for April 20th as well!!!! Are you getting excited or what?

Would love to support each other if you are still interested!

Jill

....hi, I too am scheduled for the 20th. I have never been so ready. I'm so excited and can't wait. Good luck and hopefully we can support each other.

Hi. I'm also scheduled for the 20th. I can't wait. I begin my pre-op liquid diet this Monday, 4/6. I'm nervous but excited.

Edited by Angelzkiss-vsg

Surgery In 5 days. The first 4 days of the pre-op diet were rough and like others on this forum I'm having problems sleeping but I have so much energy! Is anyone experiencing that too? It's awesome to have all this energy even without caffeine.

@@jessica.lee91

I'm doing good, starting to have some mixed emotions.

When I start to doubt my decision I look to all the success stories & B/A pictures.

Pre-Op diet hasn't been too awful bad. 2 Protein shakes, 1 sensible meal with SF Snacks. Monday start all liquid.

How about yourself ❓

The pre op has been ok, been on 3 shakes and a cup of veggies for 12 days now. The first few days were hard but after that I have been fine. I am travelling for the surgery so about to leave today, and it's all seeming very real. I wish you all the best and good luck for the big day. Look forward to hearing about your experience.

Mines scheduled for April 10 with dr Gonzales in Mexico, I wish everyone has success and happiness .

hey all....ok, today is 4 days out...hard to get all h20 in and working on a little bit of yogurt...some pain but mostly gas in my chest...hoping that fun stuff goes fast....how is everyone else coming along?

I'm 4 days Post-op and it's Easter. I don't even want to go to any of the family functions because I don't have a strong Mind yet. Today is a rough day for me.