Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Had mine done today and my only complaint was the gas trapped in my chest. It HURT so bad, but finally it went away. Now my abs just feel like they ate sore from sit-ups. I hope it that's the most of my discomfort. I'm wishing everyone the best.

April 29th Virginia Mason. Start my pre op diet April 15th. Have lost 41 pounds pre op. Been saying goodby to my favorite take out foods and Snacks. Started to scrapbook my journey. Can't believe the time is finally coming!

hi...my surgery is tomorrow morning 4/1/15...would love a support pal.

Tee

good luck!

My surgery is April 16th and I started my liquid diet today. I really hope I am able to drop weight before the surgery. ????

One week after sleeve gastrectomy and I'm still alive.....It's been a long, tough and painful week......the gas pain and nausea have been the worst......well after all this time I have discovered a few things:

1. Chicken/Beef/Vegetable broth has salt in it which helps a LOT to ease gas pain

2. Walking around my house was not enough to get this horrible gas moving...STAIRS is the way to go

3. I write down the date and times of everything I ingest this way I can keep track of Fluid intake, Protein intake and pill/vitamin intake

4. At my weight it is NOT a good idea to sleep in bed too long because any more than 2 hours and I wake up feeling nauseous and like a sumo wrestler has been stomping on my stomach and intestines....also if I roll over too fast incisions dont like that

5. Dont try to bend as quickly or as far as I did pre-op....sutures do not take kindly to these movements

6. Ice chips are my FRIEND I love them because I can eat them or suck on them and make overfilling less likely (I literally put ice in a bag and hit it with a hammer to break it down)

7. Gatorade is my LIFE BLOOD ......the first two days after I was home from surgery (off IV fluids) I felt so crappy I would sleep about 3 hours then wake up to take pills/vitamins and ingest fluids I only had 12 oz the first day and 15 the second...then I talked to my surgeon's assistant she suggested adding gatorade and I felt ALIVE again!

8. Bowel movements are different now (nuff said)

Anyways I'm anxious to see how much weight I've lost since surgery....it's GOT to be a lot right ...since I'm ingesting next to nothing? Since I'm doing mostly nothing but trying to ingest enough protein,fluids, stairs, arm circles and stretching I'd love to hear from some others who have had or will have the sleeve gastrectomy........because I will definitely NOT be attending any easter festivities this year.......

Good luck all those that are coming up so quickly. Looking forward to my pre-op appt tomorrow. I don't think it's really set in yet.

It sets in when you start your pre-op. I don't think I gave it a second thought until I realized I COULDN'T eat! Then things got real ???? I'm going into day 4 and I'm starving! But it will be worth it! Good luck! Be strong, because it's hard so far! Just have to look at our healthy goals!!! #wegotthis

????

This liquid diet is hard, really hard!!! Anybody else with me? Lol

But I've not cheated!! I really want cheese or something crunchy bad! But I'm staying strong! ????

4 days to go!!!!!

Good luck to all of you! I was sleeved almost one year ago on April 16, 2014. Best decision I ever made and easiest weight I've ever lost!!!! Good luck on your own journey! Xoxoxo

Edited by Bluesea71

I'm scheduled for April 7. I'm nervous wreck. I keep going back and forth about it. If I should have it done or I can lose the weight another way.

I had the lap band 2 yrs. then it slipped. so here i am again. weight gained back plus 10 more, since Nov. of 2013.

Im afraid I won't take care of myself as I schould and end up worse. I can focus on everyone else but me. I pray I make it thru and dont back out. :( thanks for listening oceanswaves

Hey! Mine is scheduled for April 20th!

Hey mis4may! I just got my surgery date and I am scheduled for April 20th as well!!!! Are you getting excited or what?

Would love to support each other if you are still interested!

Jill

Good luck to all of you! I was sleeved almost one year ago on April 16, 2014. Best decision I ever made and easiest weight I've ever lost!!!! Good luck on your own journey! Xoxoxo

Thank you for those encouraging words Bluesea71! I am excited to start this journey and it is always nice to hear from those that have had success! :)

Jill