Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want to Keep Going, But Feel Like I hit a Wall

Had sleeve surgery on October 8, 2014. To date I've lost 66 pounds, but the past week and a half I've bounced from 70 back down to 66. I've recently added a weekly trampoline exercise class. I keep trying to make sure I get all the Protein but have noticed the past couple of weeks my hair is coming out in bigger clumps then before. I'm really getting frustrated, as much as I'm happy with the improvement I feel like I'm not where I should be.

First off, 66 pounds in less than 5 months is very impressive. Second of all, we all hit stalls along the way. Third, hair loss NOW has nothing to do with current Protein consumption. It is likely still due to the anesthesia and trauma of the surgery or low Protein consumption soon after surgery. If you are truly concerned you could ask your doctor to order bloodwork to check your Iron levels.

Hang in there. Stick to your plan. Get your Water and protein in. Get your exercise in. You WILL lose weight.

Thanks for helping me get back to the right frame of mind.

Thanks for helping me get back to the right frame of mind.

It can be tough. Especially when we feel like we are working so hard for so little reward. Just remember that even when the scale isn't moving, if we are working our plan, we ARE getting healthier and making progress in other ways.

frustrated

@@LisaCan do this

welcome, welcome, welcome and welcome :)

i see B) you are less than one day old!!!!

talk about your newbies :)

66 lbs down

OMG you are doing great

i've always heard losing 10 lbs a month is average/good

in 5 months, 66 lbs down

i would say you are above average ;)

sorry about your hair loss :mellow:

this is common side effect that happens to many :angry:

but IT will grow back :)

don't get discouraged ^_^

easier said than done

you are obviously a smart cookie since you chose to have weight loss surgery ;)

you found this great informative/support group :)

you are great by jumping into the boards so quickly with your questions

people will answer your questions

tell their experiences

give you support............ :)

but at the end of the day ALWAYS listen to you doc or NUT (short for nutritionist)

trampoline?? sounds great

you are obviously getting "UP" in the world :D :D

continue to follow all the rules :)

keep up the good work :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Hi, Lisa

I'm 7 months out and have lost 83# since starting this whole process. I feel your frustration, as I'm currently in a stall and have been about the same weight for the past 2 weeks. What I've learned, however, is that if you keep following your plan and exercising, the scale will move. My trainer takes my measurements monthly, and has since right before my surgery. Seeing those numbers change dramatically, even when the scale does not, helps keep me motivated. Also, muscle weighs more than fat, and seeing my body fat percentage drop also helps get me through the stalls.

My hair loss kicked in at 3 months post op and was pretty dramatic( in spite of biotin) for about 2 months. Much, much better now and with the help of a talented stylist no one noticed but me.

Good luck to you. YOU CAN AND ARE DOING THIS!!

Phyllis

Thank you for the support it really helps. Look forward to continuing my journey.