Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Books Are You Reading Now?

Yeah, thanks for the thread and the web addresses!

And the Matrix info. I haven't seen it. I'll try the big nutrition store near me.

Where did you get the Chinese vegetables? From a restaurant or frozen or what? Or do you fix them yourself? I guess I'm hijacking a little, but I'm desperately trying to figure out a new plan for myself. Thanks Bubble.

I get the Chinese Veggies from a local cheapo restaurant. You know those restaurants that are little holes in the wall and they have the best food? I get a side of veggies for about two bucks.

As for Matrix, be careful. There is a copycat product called mEtrix instead of the real thing mAtrix. It's not the same, GNC carries it.

Right now I'm reading 'Organizing from the Inside Out' by Julie Morgenstern. So far, I think it's great. I've been working on organizing my home and my home office, so this has been helping tremendously.

I'm currently reading"Intensity" by Dean Koonce. It's like my 3rd time reading it, I just love it. Before that I read "The Stand" Stephen King, now that is my favorite book.

I finished listening to "Hannibal" on audio book a few days ago. Strong content . Hard to listen to sometimes.

I enjoyed it. If you like horror this one is a good one.

edie

i just read KILLER INSTINCT,by joseph finner. I think thats his name. he also wrote paranoid or something like that. both corporate espionage and thriller. really good reads. cant put em down. kind of like grisham and greg iles.

:bounce:This is a great thread. When I go to visit my dad, I do a lot of reading. I get a lot of books out of the library while I am there. I will love coming to this thread. I use the computers at the library, then I am always scanning the shelves in hopes of finding a good book.:bounce: Now I can just come to this thread and go and get one of the books. I usually end up reading about one book a day while I am there!

Anybody in sales???

I just ordered (haven't received yet) the "Little Red Book of Sales" as it is supposed to be quite a motivator for selling. Anyone know anything about this title?

I actually have this exact information up on my blog right now. I'm reading "Sacred Revelations" by Roxy Harte (ebook) and "Plenty" a book about eating "locally" for one year.

Just finished Eat, Pray, Love.

Darr

Great thread!! I love to read. I only wish I would allow myself the luxury of reading fiction these days. For some, I'm sure deep psychological reason (hint of sarcasm) I always feel a tad guilty reading fiction. I always feel the need to "learn" something.

However, I did have my John Grisham phase and it was great. I devoured everything he wrote up until the last 3 years. I adore courtroom drama. Toward the end I felt he was just pumping out books to satisfy his publisher and the quality of them started to decline.

I just finished "The Secret" and it was good. Even though it was a tad "new age-esque" for me I found much of it to be valuable and definately worth the read. I just ordered the DVD. There is something to be said about the Law of Attraction. In my own little circle of family and friends there are those who follow this thinking (without knowing it's The Secret) and those who do not. The "dos" are far more successful and much happier than the "don'ts". In fact, the book actually helped me get here....to a place where I WANT to change my old behavior. My life depends on it.

Another great book for anyone in business, management, sales or even production is called The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt. (it's been around for a long time, but still a great read)

My daughter bought a new book for me called "Skinny Bitch". While the title is intriguing.....I have not opened it yet. Anyone read this?

"Rich Dad Poor Dad" was okay. I didn't feel as if it rated all the hype. I had become almost immune to self-help books until "The Secret".

I think I'll go today and find a good fiction....thanks for the recommendations.

Jacki

Derrick Can you tell me how to get a ticker on my post. I would like to track my progress. Also i am reading Lisey`s Story by Steven King I think it is his best book . Donna

Yep, we bought the "Little Red Book of Sales" and gave it to our SIL who just got into sales recently. It is a good little handbook - contains many of the really tried and true approaches and ways to handle various scenarios.

I am looking forward to getting "Killer Instinct" - sounds like one the DH would enjoy.

Also, I haven't read "The Secret" yet. My DD says it's great and that it really helped motivate her into working out everyday. She's a size 4 but needed to firm up some. She already looks fantastic. No more thigh cellulite and now has nicely defined upper arms. She actually weighs a little more than when she started but looks thinner and healthier.

That's inspiration to read the book, I just keep forgetting to get it from her. I didn't see the Oprah show when the author was on.

I am half-way through a book called "Happy Endings-Tales of a Meaty Breasted Zilch" It is the auto-biography of Jim Norton. It is HYSTERICAL so far. Not for the faint of heart.

Has anyone read any books by Bill Cosby? I'm a big Cosby fan, I love to hear him speak. I usually agree with him on a majority of topics. I just ordered this from Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1595550925/103-9584899-1103801]Amazon.com: Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors: Books: Bill Cosby,Alvin F. Poussaint[/ame]

Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors

Editorial Reviews

Book Description

Bill Cosby and Alvin F. Poussaint have a powerful message for families and communities as they lay out their visions for strengthening America, or for that matter the world. They address the crises of people who are stuck because of feelings of low self-esteem, abandonment, anger, fearfulness, sadness, and feelings of being used, undefended and unprotected. These feelings often impede their ability to move forward. The authors aim to help empower people make the daunting transition from victims to victors. Come On, People! is always engaging, and loaded with heart-piercing stories of the problems facing many communities.

I just plain like the way he thinks thus, I ordered the book. Anyone read it?

I read 4-5 books a week, 3 newspapers, and many magazines and of course the internet. Sometimes I even talk to people. Weird, eh?

I am currently reading or just finished:

Extras, by Scott Westerfield

I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This!, by Bob Newheart

Marley and Me, by Josh Grogan

Garden Spells, by Sarah Addison Allen

a variety of Lean Six Sigma books

and a re-read of all James Patterson books

Ok - I really like mind candy