Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the BariatricPal Singles Forum!

Welcome to the BariatricPal singles Forum! I started this forum because of the huge changes you experience when you are on your weight loss surgery journey. Your lifestyle, your appearance, and the way you see yourself and the world can change. There’s a good chance your relationships will change, too – and maybe you’ll start some new ones.

In fact, it may be time to date again! You can come here to the BariatricPal singles forum to mingle with other singles who have or are thinking about bariatric surgery. It can be a lot easier to start a relationship when you know the other person has the same health values as you, and understands what you’re going through.

I also would like to remind members that you are in control of which information you choose to share with other BariatricPal members. Use your good judgment if you choose to share personal information.

• Think twice before you decide to share personal information, such as your real name, your address, or contact information such as your email address or telephone number.
  • Share personal information only with members whom you feel you can trust, if anyone at all.
  • If you do choose to share personal information, share it only with a specific member using the private messaging system. Do not post personal information on this public forum.
  • The regular Forum Rules (including courtesy and respect!) apply to this forum.

Of course, you don’t need to be looking for an online date to use this forum. You can also stop by for a little dating advice about your offline fling. Who better than other WLS singles to give you the scoop on dating post-surgery?

So grab a cup of ice Water and join the singles party! Everyone deserves love, and you may find it here.

a41610d52f59e0825035f9f0c24ced1556ab79d8

LOL..... married but had to put something on here. :)

This ought to be interesting...????

I do like this idea since dating is already hard enough then throw the WLS in the mix its pretty much impossible. I really have a hard time telling anyone that I even had it done.

Thanks, Alex. I think this will be a popular forum. Dating and relationships are hard, anyway, and perhaps 'unique' for plus-size individuals. Now, shrinking plus-size people must have new experiences to discuss, new situations, and some non-scale victories, too. Great idea.

I like the idea also. Doubt I'll run into anyone local here though, seeing as I live in Alberta, Canada and there aren't many of us on here. And I don't do the long distance thing.

I think this will be a great place to talk to others about dating during the surgery process and after. I will be following!

Definately following!

Excellent idea, Alex! Will be following.... :)

I'm dating again after being out of the picture for a long time. Will be nice to share stories and info with others getting back in the game.

It's going on 5 years for me since being in a relationship. After the last one ended I threw myself into college and then came grandchildren. Finished my degree in December and no longer babysitting the two-year old. Had my sleeve done on February 26th, so I'm five days out. Feeling pretty good. I am excited to go out this summer, be active and start dating again. This cold MA weather is not conducive to doing too much. In my mind...scary place...I'd like to go sledding or cross country skiing. I know that is a ways off. I feel like I could do anything when I wake up, it's after I get out of bed and feel/see my battered and bruised body I know that that's not true. I will get there, I am in a much better place now to date. I'm looking forward to it

I've been online dating for about 12 years now. I've met all of my last few bfs online.

the first one lasted 3 years, the next one lasted a year, the next one lasted 3 years and my latest one just broke up lasted a year.

I swore I was going to give myself a break and not look online for awhile. Of course I could not resist, so last night I opened up my okcupid profile. There's one guy that's quite a bit younger than me. He's 8 years younger. He lives in my town so that's appealing. I live in a rural area so it's hard to find people. There are 2 more that have written to me that live 2 hours away. They are more my age.

I can't help it. guys just make life more fun.

What a great idea Alex! This topic comes up frequently in the powder room. We start to lose weight, and we want to date.

I don't give much hope to either of the ones that live far away even if it's only 2 hours. I really want someone I can see all the time, and it's been my experience that long distance doesn't work.

I've been dating the last 5 years. Met my current GF of 6 months online. Many members have reached out to me over the years to create a singles section. Hope it gains some traction!

I think this is a fabulous idea!! I am almost a year out from a long term relationship and I'm looking to make friends and start trying the dating thing again. :D

Well all my name is Christopher I am out 15 years since surgery I weighed in at 850 lbs now after all this Tim I'm down to 199 or 200 lbs, I've lost enough weight but would love to find a doctor to help me to have plastic surgery done to get rid of all this skin hanging I have. But my other is I have a 3 year old daughter that lives with my x, they gave her the. Ore time since I have a medical problem and I live with my parents and my x wife she's much better because she lives in a homeless shelter in veto beach with my daughter for the pastv3 6ears now. ! I wish I could get some kind of legal help to get my daughter. Ore then what I get her now EVERY OTHER WEEKEND FROM 3PM FRIDAY TILL SUNDAY AT 12:30.