Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious, are the bars soft enough to be eaten on soft foods stage or should I wait to buy when I am on regular foods?

@@rfriend82 it depends on your program's requirements. My program's rule was that soft food had to be soft enough that you could easily cut it with a fork. Quest bars don't meet that criterion so I wouldn't have been able to eat them on soft foods. I wasn't allowed them anyway since we also aren't allowed grains or starchy, high carb items on soft foods!

Curious, are the bars soft enough to be eaten on soft foods stage or should I wait to buy when I am on regular foods?

They are chewy... not really soft. I tried starting them as soon as I was allowed SOLID foods (I was SO done with shakes at that point!) and they were still too much for me. I think the first one took me an hour and 10 minutes to eat. Now I can eat one in like 10 minutes. Definitely take it slow!

Edited by JamieLogical

If you were to heat them in the microwave for a few seconds, they would be soft enough to cut with a fork. I wouldn't go for the ones with dark chocolate or brownie flavors.... those bars were much much thicker and chewier.

Of the 12 flavors I've tried, the fruit flavors were the softest. In particular, berry Bliss, strawberry Cheesecake, and Apple Pie.

But be careful of the sugar alcohols. The Erythritol sugar alcohol used to sweeten SOME of the bars, it's not used in all of them, caused Frankensleeve a bit of stomach upset... but he's 2 years old now and is a bit more tolerant of new foods. B)

I would wait till I was allowed full foods before eating any Protein bars. Or call your Doc or NUT and see what they advise, they are in the best position to advise you.

But if you are going to try them, use my tried and true Frankensleeve new foods taste test:

Take a small bite... about the size of a teaspoon.

Wait 5 minutes

Take another teaspoon sized bite

Wait 5 minutes

If Frankensleeve hadn't grumbled by then, I knew the food was safe for me to eat.

If you would care to hear my review of the 12 bars I tried, here is the link to my Youtube Quest Bar playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYoG14FX5FCXliAUJ1C9EZbn_Ls95ZrUr

Well thanks y'all! After seeing your comments I've tried these. I've been wanting something solid for Breakfast that was quick and filling with lots of Protein. These seem to settle nicely. Breakfast is still my most sensitive time and this is the most "solid" food that I can tolerate well so far. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Elizabeth21

Of the 12 flavors I've tried, the fruit flavors were the softest. In particular, berry Bliss, strawberry Cheesecake, and Apple Pie.

But be careful of the sugar alcohols. The Erythritol sugar alcohol used to sweeten SOME of the bars, it's not used in all of them, caused Frankensleeve a bit of stomach upset... but he's 2 years old now and is a bit more tolerant of new foods. B)

Off hand do you know which bars don't have the sugar alcohol in them?

Out of all the bars Quest sells, these do not have the Erythritol sugar alcohol listed as an ingredient.

vanilla Almond

Mixed Berry Bliss

Peanutbutter Supreme

chocolate Brownie

Peanutbutter and Jelly

Apple Pie

Off hand do you know which bars don't have the sugar alcohol in them?

Thank you! 3 of my favorites there!! PBJ, apple pie and vanilla almond

ETA and 3 others that I will love to try

Edited by minniegirl