Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did your hair fall out?

I'm beginning to think this is just one of those things that you either get or don't-- kind of like morning sickness during pregnancy- some get it, some don't. I am almost 6 months out and have not had any Hair loss which I am grateful for. I did start taking Biotin around 3 months out and started washing my hair once a week instead of twice but that's it.

From everything I've read this is temporary so that at least is a good thing...

I am just 3 and a half weeks out...and I know very little. However, I will share something I remember from Weight Watchers years ago. A very heavy lady began losing weight rapidly and the speaker asked her how much fat she had a day and told her to take a tsp of olive oil every day. She attributed the Hair loss to low fat intake. 2 weeks late the woman reported that the hair loss had stopped. So, if this happens to me- I'm going to try it.

Disclaimer: However, this is not founded by anything outside of this one conversation. I did Google hair loss and fat and there are a few articles there. I'm not suggesting it is the only thing responsible...just something I'm willing to try.

I'm really worried abt this. I lost 75 lbs last year and my hair began falling out in clumps in dec. it was already thin and I've lost abt 1/2 of it. It's growing back now but the texture and everything has changed. I loved my hair before and now it's just ugly. I'm just beginning the WLS process and I'm praying it all grows back before surgery or I'll be bald!!!

I am just 3 and a half weeks out...and I know very little. However, I will share something I remember from Weight Watchers years ago. A very heavy lady began losing weight rapidly and the speaker asked her how much fat she had a day and told her to take a tsp of olive oil every day. She attributed the Hair loss to low fat intake. 2 weeks late the woman reported that the hair loss had stopped. So, if this happens to me- I'm going to try it.

Disclaimer: However, this is not founded by anything outside of this one conversation. I did Google hair loss and fat and there are a few articles there. I'm not suggesting it is the only thing responsible...just something I'm willing to try.

intersting on the fat and hair..I don't eat ff..I eat full fat daily. I use real butter, eat avocados, bacon, coconut oil. I also get my Protein in.

for three months or four months mine came out a little, a lot and then stopped. I cut it short. I was mentally ready for it but still fretted a lot.

7 months PO an nothing out of the ordinary here. I have taken Biotin since beginning . (I sure hope it doesnt start now)..

11 months..no Hair loss from being sleeved ..still take liquid biotin daily..

I had pretty significant Hair loss starting about 3 months after surgery. Lost hair starting at the front of my head and moving toward the back. Happy to say it stopped last month (8 mos after surgery). Have been taking Biotin and it seems to really make my hair and nails grow faster and healthier. The hair loss can be distressing but it really does stop. I think it was well worth it now that I've lost 90 pounds!

Edited by LovinSoul

My hair has finally started to shed. Nothing too horrible...yet. Just really annoying! I had a cute hair style picked out but opted to order extensions instead. I'm not upset by it, I knew it was going to happen so I'm not shocked. I've decided to look at it as my internal "fat" girl and "skinny" girl are fighting. One of them is fighting dirty and pulling hair out!! I'm betting on the skinny girl to win the fight in the end! Ha! So if you lost hair how long did it last?

I lose hair but can't honestly say it's more than before. I have fine curly hair. If I wash it and put no product in it, I lose less but that was true before surgery. I did cut a ton off as part of the make over. I wash my hair everyother day so what I lose I figure is 2 days worth. Dr and hair dresser it's normal to lose 100-150 strands daily.

I am seven months out and it has FINALLY subsided. It started at about 4 weeks for me. My husband (and our drains!) are glad that it has started to subside. My hair is definitely thinner. Luckily I have curly hair, so it disguises it. It is what it is....

I noticed lots of strands in my sink, on the floor, in the shower drain, on my clothes, at about 3 months. 4 1/2 months later and it has quit. I have very thick wavy (but fine) hair. absolutely not noticeable. I think I was lucky. Or it was the Biotin I have been taking every day for the past 4 years growing out a pixie. It could be that.

My hair was super thick a few years ago and started to thin about two years before the surgery. At four months out I'm losing a lot of hair and there are bald spots on the top of my head. I just try to blow it over the top to disguise it (the dreaded comb over). I guess I'm lucky it was so thick. It is a bummer and I truly hope it will grow back. But I love the weight loss and health benefits way more than I hate the Hair loss.< /p>

Oh dear, this is a huge concern for me too as I also have thin hair already. Hopefully my hairdresser can think of something!

I haven't had surgery yet but my hair is super thick and kind of wavey