Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

Im new to this forum and used to maintain band-support contact via a dear banded friend who passed away in 2014. I am now taking legal action against Slimband and wondering if anyone is still seeking action against the clinic. I understand that regardless of the Feb 2014 articles, Dr Yau never left the clinic. He was there performing surgery the entire time. My surgery was performed in 2011 by Dr Kundal and 3 Upper GI's over 2.5 years showed it was never in place and the clinic has ignored me this entire time. Im now finding I have to sleep sitting up and spend most of every night choking. If anyone has had any success or is in the process of taking action against Slimband I would be very interested to hear from you.

Dr. Yau banded me in August of 2012 and I had nothing but grief when dealing with the clinic. I had to have port revision surgery once and even after that I found it incredibly difficult to sleep on my port side. After two years I just had my band remove, but not by Dr. Yau. Another doctor, Dr. Cyriac, at the clinic did the surgery at his hospital and he has been very helpful and excellent with follow-up care.

I wish you luck in your battle. I am just glad that mine is over now - HOPEFULLY!

e-mail 2014takeaction(at)gmail.com I think they are still trying to put together a lawsuit.

Hi All,

Im new to this forum and used to maintain band-support contact via a dear banded friend who passed away in 2014. I am now taking legal action against Slimband and wondering if anyone is still seeking action against the clinic. I understand that regardless of the Feb 2014 articles, Dr Yau never left the clinic. He was there performing surgery the entire time. My surgery was performed in 2011 by Dr Kundal and 3 Upper GI's over 2.5 years showed it was never in place and the clinic has ignored me this entire time. Im now finding I have to sleep sitting up and spend most of every night choking. If anyone has had any success or is in the process of taking action against Slimband I would be very interested to hear from you.

Edited by Lov2cruz

Dr Yau did mine also in 2010

I'd love to know about a lawsuit also. I have horror stories to share.

Lap band 2009
Sw 200
LW 161
CW 214
Sleeve schedule 17 May

Hello

I also would love to hear about any class action against Dr Yau from Toronto. Dr Yau has hurt a lot of us. My health and quality of life has been compromised. Looking for any help.

Thank you

I also went to see Dr Cyriac on my own in Toronto because my port is protuding out and is very uncomfortable .

Hes a very pleasant man no doubt and of course he said at the price of almost the band he could fix it. Doctors are allways pleasant though if you have $$$$ . I think Canada should take all bands off the market and stop the surgeries because it enables companies like this to make millions and take advantage of people.

It is said at some point all of these bands will have to be removed most likely in a emergency room. I feel foolish for being fooled by flashy smiles and big stories by the slimband employees. I know some are failing because they are not following the rules but slimband didnt provide the support they promised to all of us . That is what I am most upset about. I may have received half a dozen contacts (if that) by the support team . They said DNA testing was part of the service which when I called about my results was told the service was cancelled and they would be refunding for that.

Hello everyone,

I was banded by Dr. Yau in 2011. I've had numerous complications...still have discomfort, and I can't get any support from Slimband now. I still have my band. I would be interested in meeting and talking with others who share similar experiences. My email is:

bryndayman@hotmail.com

Take care, Bryn

Sounds like he should have been run out of town on a rail instead of slinking off into the sunset and leaving you people high and dry! [emoji20] I suppose he kept his medical licence current, people like that usually do. Does he have. no shame,or compassion for anyone? I don't even know the dude but I'm angry on your behalf! Bariatric Pal people are my friends and I don't like my friends trifled with.[emoji107]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Getting my hell band out in July and converting to MGB with Dr Cobourn in TO.

I just removed the band put in by Dr Yau the crook and had an RNY. Good luck to you and speedy recovery Goober.

Edited by Lov2cruz

I have had non stop issues since being banded in Dec 2007. I've had my band removed because it completely destroyed my esophagus. For nearly a year I was bleeding interning. The chances of cancer in my esophagus are more then 70% due to the trama it has caused. I was never able to have a fill as it just made me vomit non stop.

I want my $16,500 back. And compensation for all the money this has cost me in lost wages for being self employed and even pain and suffering. Dr Yau never completed any of the things that he promised.

I found the article of the Surgeons Association. Hes on restricted duties but still practising!

I had lskimband by dr yau. I have had nothing but issues and have not lost any weight. I have no support in Niva Scotia. I want the band removed and would like a refund of my money to pay for the removal. Can anyone help me. Thanks

Sorry you have also had a bad experience. Dr Lau and Slimband have both filed bankruptcy so you would be unable to file lawsuits against either and get anywhere.

i would if I were you I would go to you’re family doctor and let them know that you’re having major issues. They can send you to a general surgeon and possibly remove the lapband. That would be what I would suggest