Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laser Hair Removel

OMG How did I miss this thred! Somtimes I thought I was the only one. Right no I pluck my stumps on my chin.. and I use a cream for my upper lip.

Now for something funny: Sometimes while me and my husband are getting ready and hes shaving and im plucking or something.. I tell him "Look hunny we are like Shrek and Fiona on Shrek2 when they are shaving" Its actually pretty funny when how real i think it is.. us both at the mirror LOL

and here I thought I was the only one who thought of her relationship as Fiona and Sherk! Way tooo funny! I guess it just goes to show that while we feel isolated, we really are not!

And yup, this summer, more laser treatments for this Fiona...

Trish what's the name of the cream you put on your upperlip? One time I was getting my eyebrows waxed and the girl dropped a glob of hot wax right in the middle of the brow...you guessed it, hair didn't grow back for years. Now I was a cute chubby thing with a bald spot in my eyebrow.

Its Sally Hansens Brush-On hair Remover... its the cheapest for me I have to it it once a week some times twice a week just depends..

Oh my a bald spot in your eyebrow...not good... it reminds me when I was little i got got some sissors and cut my eye lashes off... My mom wanted to get so mad at me but she was to busy laughing...

I am so tired of plucking, creams, waxes, etc for my chin hairs. CALGON take me away!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if women have always had this problem? I know as a kid I would see the occasional old woman with a beard in the nursing home, but, I don't recall my mom having anything but smooth skin. Could it be the hormones in all our foods? It is curious. Are women just now coming out of the closet on this issue? or is it a new phenomenon

Denise, Ive thought about that too.

What did women do 200, 300, 400 years ago???

Trish (LOVE the new avator), Im jealous that you can use a cream hair remover on your upper lip. My chin and upper lip hairs are too coarse for the cream to work. Ive tried a couple of different kinds, none worked for me. So I just shave everything below my nose. All that plucking is so time consuming!

Must say though - this laser treatment did the trick. I havent shaved in a week. But the best part is - NO black roots!!!

I have very sensitive skin, so the creams burn my skin. My mother doesn't have the chin hair problem, but neither does her mother. (native american about 4 generations ago) Unfortunately, my Dad's sisters are a different story... I also have PCOS, and my mother doesn't, but only one of my neices has it.

I don't think it is a new phenominun...

The water! Doh! Of coarse! :) And here I was thinking it was the massive ammounts of steroids I have to take ever so often...

No sun before- because you skin won't take to the laser if taned

NO-NO-NO sun after for a least 2 months to be safe because sun WILL make the area hyper-pigment & this can be a permenante problem. .

OK, now Im going to be paranoid to get in the sun.

2 months/no sun ???? Thank God I started this in the winter months!

Hi - I also have PCOS and had some treatments done a few years back. I am faired skinned and dark haired so I was considered perfect. It was expensive and I was charged by each zap. I had close to 200 done so it was a lot of money. I hope to return to have some more done but I am waiting until I loose some weight. I am waiting until my wieght decreases more because I think the weight loss will help with the hormone problems that have been at the route of the problem. I read that weight loss can eliminate all the symptoms of PCOS. Good luck to those who suffer with this problem...it has been a challenge for me.

As for the pain...it hurts even with the numbing cream but waxing causes me to break put. I use a shaver and hope to release that some day. It is a very hard thing for me but having the lapband was a way to ridding myself of this problem.

OK, now Im going to be paranoid to get in the sun.

2 months/no sun ???? Thank God I started this in the winter months!

This was for laser treatments MAINLY for my port-wine area. Please check with your doc about the type your using for hair removel. I do know that the one type I used which was pulse-dye laser did both(birth mark & hair) & it was a definte no sun after for a month & they recommened really 2. Always they said 45 block. The current laser I get is a Candela laser. It removed my eye brown but only the section being treated & it is Thank God growing back;0)

Sorry didn't mean to scare ya- I do all laser treatments in the winter as well- thank godness for crapy Mich weather.

I went for my first laser treatment this week. It wasn't too bad. I did feel the heat of it when it got near boney areas of my chin but overall, no afterburn and no serious pain during. However, no noticeable change yet in hairgrowth. They tell me it could take a few visits for a noticeable difference, and 8 to 12 before the Hair loss is permanent. They also told me no sun, use a strong sunblock...My first visit was $112.50, and on my next visit, I'm going to buy a 3 visit package which is $270. They offer a deal where after the package is bought, every visit after those three is discounted, each being less than the one before. Sounds good to me, cuz it sounds like I'm going to be going back for a while.

i have polycystic ovarian syndrome.. lovely but means i have funky hair on my cheeks.. like long sideburns.. and it grows on my chin too..

i have been having laser treatments for a long time actually... it hurts at first because you dont know what to expect.. then you really get used to it.. and think of the smoothness for the next 6 weeks.

they say it is permanent hair loss.. but what they dont tell you is that you will always have new follicles forming.. so they may zap the hell out of the 10 you have but there are 10 more waiting in the wings to start to grow... and if your hormones change, like mine do, there will always be more to combat.

i use EMLA cream... you put it on your face and it numbs the hell out of you... actually.. i have only used it a few times.. kinda a pain in the ass and if you have anywhere to go after the laser it is odd if you cant feel your face!

as the treatments progress, they will turn up the voltage on the laser to really burn the follicle... it hurts... feels like a rubber band snapping on your face.. but it is fast.

one word of advice.. try not to chat it up with your laser lady while she is doing it... mine stops paying attention and she applied the laser, at a high voltage, to a portion of my neck never lasered.. i was left with a burn that hurt like hell for a few days and was red.

what else.. its great.. plucking leaves pimples in a few days or bloody spots... waxing does that too.. not so with the laser.. plus you dont have to worry if you got it all... the laser gets it.

i actually go to renaissance hair removal.. they have a package discount. i paid 800 bux for like 12 treatments...this was a year ago so i dont knwo if they still have that deal.. and at one or 200 bux a pop, that was a GREAT discount. (plus they do botox there... ok i am a bit vain)

i have gotten laser removal since they first started doing it.. years ago.. the machines have improved so much and the latest laser has a COOL TIP on it that minimizes the pain.. you only feel the cold mostly... ok half... ok 25% cool and 75% pain.. but whatever... make sure you ask them if it has the cold tip!! it helps. i remember back in the day, my derm had one of the first ones.. it had a vacuum hose and a male assistant sent by the manufacturer standing over me sucking up the burnt hair smell and whatever else... they dont have that anymore i dont think!! haha.. it was wierd

thats my shpiel!