Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laser Hair Removel

The last time I had my brows waxed they got infected. No such issues with the laser. Make sure that you get the jell! It makes a huge difference. The place I got is a day spa, so I get a nice relaxing 90 minute nap before the treatment.

Dylansmon,

I had electrolysis once a week for 4 YEARS! Yes, 4 YEARS! And I still had hair! Maybe it's worked for someone, but not me! I still had hair!

I get my brows waxed each time I get a haircut, no problem. Right before I got married I decided to get my legs and bikini area waxed. Let me just say that the only way I will do this again is if I have plenty of pain medicine leftover from my surgery and my hubby let's me dose up before my appt. OUCH!

Can you laser your bikini area? That might be a gift for myself once I reach a short-term goal this summer.

I have a funny story to tell. It is embaressing though. I am real fair skinned and have some darker hairs on my stomach area. The week of my surgery, I was embarresed for my surgeon to see them so, I decided to wax there. I didn't realize how hot the wax was, the wax dripped and I burned myself in the "treasure trail" area lol, it ended up scabbing. Which was worse than the hair. The day of surgery my doctor asked what happened? It did look bad. I don't remember what I said, but, it was definately not the truth. He almost didn't do the surgery because of possible infection. Thank goodness he took a chance. That would have been devastating!!!

Denise, thats a good story!

Nicole, YES! Ive heard that you can laser ANY area you want. My friend is very nice looking and wears a bikini in summer. She was bothered with the dark fine hairs on her lower back - so she had them lasered. You can laser anywhere.

Only thing is that you cant be exposed to sun before or after a treatment for a while. My friend went to a tanning bed about 3 weeks prior to her first treatment and after she was lasered, white spots appeared over the area... it went away as her tan faded, but it was a good lesson for her (and me).

Kelly, I think electrolysis would work for those who have just a few stray hairs, here and there. But for a major overhaul, I dont think its worth the experience.

My mom went to electrolysis for YEARS when I was growing up. Now that she is older, her chin area looks kinda wrinkled (like a raisin). Not really noticable to others, but I can see it - and she says that its due to the years of having electrolysis... whats funny is that she STILL has to pluck every morning.

You can try it - MUCH cheaper then the lasering.

I just wanted to update my experience....

2 1/2 weeks later and my chin area is nearly hair free. No black roots either! No redness, no swelling, still a little tender in spots... the good far out weighs the bad.

NOW Im excited about this.

I am very experienced when it comes to lasers. Some for hair but mainly for port wines. Due to the fact that I have a port wine stain on my forehead. ( a red-birthmark). Lighter ones are known as stawberry marks. I have had 23 treatments over 10 years. My two cents is that as far as sun exposure goes:

No sun before- because you skin won't take to the laser if taned

NO-NO-NO sun after for a least 2 months to be safe because sun WILL make the area hyper-pigment & this can be a permenante problem. This also goes for any areas that are LIPO-suctioned. 45 sun block is best & shade. The hyper pigmented skin may fade as time goes by & or be bleached with certain Expensive creams but more than not it doesn't help & only time will (sometimes a year/sometimes never)

Be careful & follow all post-op instructions to a tee. I myself can't wait to be laser from Bikkini front to the far depths of Space : uranus ;0). Of course I think a little landing strip is always in good taste;0) I am definetly waiting till I hit my 90 pd goal for my unveiling.

Anyone know of a good LASER hair removal doc in the San Fernando Valley in Calif?

I wanna get these chin hairs, moustache, eyebrows, and I don't know what else LASERED.

Because I am so self-conscience about this issue, I wanted to share this thought with those of you that may also be imbarrassed with this...

I remember complaining to my OBGYN years ago about this problem. He said that most dark haired women have facial hair... some more, some less.

He couldnt explain why. He said that his wife was dark haired (Spanish decent) and had excess facial and body hair.

I thought that was interesting!

As I was re-reading all of our post, I noticed that those of us that had pics were all dark haired!!!

Penni... I am VERY pleased with the outcome of this second treatment!!! I cant stress that enough. Definately recommend it!

I have facial hair under my chin and a moustache which I can't stand and I am extremely fair and blonde. UGH!.....I use a creme for facial hair removal. Sometimes if I leave it on too long I will burn my skin.

The results are different for everyone. It is also different for the various parts of the body.

It isn't laser surgery. The laser applied to the skin with a clear gel to help conduct the laser's light. When a dark hair is treated it sort of pops of the skin and smells like burned hair. Well, that's what it is.

Two years ago I had four treatments on my upper lip, five on my underarms and three on my toes. Yes toes. It does hurt, but the direct pain is gone when the laser isn't being applied. I usually ended up with a sunburn. The skin was red, sesitive and tender. The soreness continued until the sunburn was gone. Just like you'd get if you had a real sunburn. There was more pain when the laser passed directly over a tooth with a cap, a sensitive root or bones. My toes were really hard to do until I used the numbing gel. It makes a difference and is definitely worth getting before having the treatments.

I think it's worth doing. My upper lip is great except for the occassional dark hair. But you've got to remember how hair grows. The hair that was treated is forever gone, new hair will grow around and near the same areas. My underarms still require shaving, but I do it once a week, it grows more slowly and is not nearly as dark as it used to be. My toes are hair free. They don't have to be shaved anymore and unlike shaving there isn't the dark hair under the skin that you can see a hint of.

It's an investment and works best on fair people with dark, course hair.