Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Incision pain. Abdominal pain

I had that pain and it seemed to be worse when it came time to sleep or bend up and down. I just couldn't get comfortable.

Now at 4 weeks post op it stopped but my surgeon was very clear that if I had new or worse pain to immediately call the office.

Thanks @fit4life123. I'm seeing mine Thursday.

Hoping everything goes well!

My pain was gone on the 7th day.

I had my surgery on tuesday the 10th of feb (so last week basically) I have 7 incision sites and 2 of them (the one directly above my belly button, and the one that is on the right where they pulled the stomach out of) are still quite tender and painful. The muscle pain beinding over is still bad too. If its not better by my surgeon appointment on the 25th, I will definitely bring it up, but otherwise some pain is normal. Considering what was just done to your body, don't be surprised that you are achy and sore.

I had surgery 10/14/14 and had some abdominal discomfort for a couple months. I would have to shift and move around to get comfortable. When I started exercising again, it increased. They told me not to worry that I was still healing. It's pretty much gone now but there are still times if I push in I can feel tenderness/discomfort probably from where there is scar tissue.

Sleeved 12-30 and this all normal. It takes time to heal and will feel better soon. Hang in there.

I had surgery on 1/28/15 and still come home every night from work and put and ice pack on my belly I still have discomfort when bending forward or sitting at my desk at work but my Dr said that's normal and will go away as I continue to heel ....hoping this discomfort goes way soon other then that I'm on track :) hope everyone has a speedy recovery and starts feeling better soon

So glad to find this trend...

Surgery was 2/5 and god the incision he took stomach out of is so painful with a lump under it. I can only lay on back w pillows propping me up there's no way to sleep or lay on either side!! My back right side is killing me I can't bend and I feel like my surgeon just yes'd me when I told him of pain. I understand people complain but I've had many surgeries gallbladder appendix cysts neck ect and never took this long to heal or even be up and around. Pray it eases up sooner than later it hurts when I do nothing!!!

@dar81 Do you have a recliner? My surgery was on 11/19 and I could not sleep in a bed at all, even in the hospital. When I talked to the office nurse, she told me it was common for belly or side sleepers to not be able to get comfortable. Although I had an easy recovery, I just could not handle the bed for quite a few weeks. Hopefully a recliner might help you rest.

Are any of your incisions red, warm to touch (warmer than normal), or draining? Do you have a fever? If any of these apply to you than call your doctor as you need to be seen right away. A small lump under the incision is normal.

Try to get up and move as much as you can as this will speed the healing process.

Good Luck and I hope you are feeling better soon!