Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

I finally met with my surgeon today! He is a Ukrainian fox! Seriously, he walked in the room in this wicked tight tshirt and I was like "who is this stud?"

Annnnnyway, they submitted everything to insurance this afternoon and he said there was absolutely no reason I should be denied and I should be getting a call next week to schedule my surgery. Finally!! I'm going to be jumping every time the phone rings.

Yay!! I hope you get your approval really quick!! The wait made me crazy!! I wanted to call & bug my insurance company, but I held out. It was approved 15 days after they submitted it. Good luck!!!

He told me it should only take 2-3 days for approval. I really hope he's right because even that is going to kill me!

I'm nervous. I suddenly have this fear that even though my insurance covers it, what if my husband's employer doesn't?? I'm trying not to worry about it because I think the odds of that happening are pretty low.

@@Licia'sjourney How is the clear liquid diet treating you? All I hear is growwwwlllll lol

@@chelleshocked - OMG!! lol I know, right?

Its actually been better than I thought it was going to be, thank god!

what are you doing for the drink flavoring and what brand of Protein are you using?

@@chelleshocked - I'm using sugar free Koolaid and Jay Robb unflavored. Its okay I guess but its going to be tuff drinking all next week!

I have been using Premier Protein shakes. The vanilla is the only flavor I can handle and also using unjury Unnflavored. I have managed to get all Protein in except today. It has been a tough one.

I am doing unflavored unjury and crystal light cherry lime! It's pretty good. Today has been better for sure

I have to be there at 9 am, surgery is at noon. Woohoo!!

I am doing unflavored unjury and crystal light cherry lime! It's pretty good. Today has been better for sure

I was thinking about getting the unflavored Protein and mixing it with something like crystal light....but wasn't sure it would work. Does it dissolve completely and is it really unflavored? Thanks ????

I have to be there at 8am and surgery is at 11am!

Woohoo here we go!!!

Good luck Chelle!

I have had an easier time these last two days on the Clear liquids not feeling so darn hungry all day. What a relief!

@@roseluv3 - The Jay Robb unflavored dissolves completely. It does have a whey taste but its okay.Also, the colder the better.

It probably depends on the brand if it dissolves completely.

I ordered the unjury unflavored and the chicken Soup flavor and a couple of others but haven't received them yet.

I don't have to do clears. I have a low calorie/low fat/high Protein liver shrinking diet to follow for 2 weeks. 1000 calories a day. It was really tough to do clears for two days when I had a colonoscopy done. I don't know if I could do 2 weeks!

Luckily I only had to do Clear liquids the 2 days prior to surgery. The previous 12 days were 2 Protein shakes + Soup for dinner.

Don't buy the Isopure Grape Frost. I just dry heaved getting that one down. YUCK!

Good luck tomorrow @@Licia'sjourney! I will be coming in right behind ya!!

I am doing unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and crystal light cherry lime! It's pretty good. Today has been better for sure

I was thinking about getting the unflavored Protein and mixing it with something like crystal light....but wasn't sure it would work. Does it dissolve completely and is it really unflavored? Thanks ????

I can taste the Unjury, but the drink mix I used almost completely masked it. It takes a bit to mix in. I used my shaker bottle. Was better than that Isopure for sure!!

I have been using Bariatric Fusion strawberry and chocolate, Isopure Cookies and cream, and Bariatric Advantage vanilla. I'm on day 9 of my 12 day preop liquid diet. I don't have to do a clear liquid diet, thank god. But averaging 500 calories with 3 shakes a day, 4 cups of broth, and 2 sugar free 20 calories each popsicles. I think I will try the Unjury unflavored, thanks so much!

Congratulations to all you June sleevers! Looks like I wilk be a summer sleever :)

My cardiologist made me get a heart cath which I finished yesterday and he says I am clear for surgery.

@mclorie I am so excited you have your date. I will be behind you shortly.

All the best for the June sleevers!

Day 5 Post op!!!! Surgery was on Tuesday, was discharged Wednesday morning. Everything went well, minimal pain - the discomfort from the gas was worse than any of the incision pain and all you can do is walk walk walk!

I wasn't getting enough liquids down once I got home so I went back to hospital Friday because I was becoming dehydrated. They kept me overnight on IV fluids and wanted to make sure I could keep enough fluids down on my own. Better to err on the side of caution. All good now! Back home yesterday, getting in my fluids gas pain mostly gone and incision sites just a little tender but it's not half as bad as I thought it would be. The toughest part is forcing myself to drink the liquids! What a crazy new world. Best of luck to everyone!!!!