Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

Wow Gina! Good luck to you and your husband!

Good luck to everyone getting sleeved this week!! I hope everything goes well for you!!

Thanks! I'm going in TOMORROW! Yikes - I'm freaking out. Show up time is 6am; surgery at 8am. Wow, it seems like it took FOREVER to get here and then, all of a sudden, it's time to go! Praying for courage!!!

Good luck today Beth! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Gina, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband!! I hope he gets better soon, and hope they're able to move your surgery up a few days! What a bummer!!

My sister and I are both on the losers bench now! I'm good, she has a nasty headache that is giving her dry heaves. Leaving the surgical center some time today and going to the recovery house. Looking forward to it!

Well.... started this topic thinking I would be sleeved in June, then I thought July and now (due to a 10 day vacation in July) I am looking at August and considering waiting til September when my son goes back to school. I have mixed feelings as I am anxious to start my journey, but at the same time I want to have a stress free stretch of time to fully recover. I have seen a number of people who may be slipping to July, so maybe we can just be "impatiently waiting SUMMER sleevers!" I want this change to be for a lifetime, so in the greater scheme of things a few weeks is really meaningless.

So glad for those who have had or will have surgery this week. Hope to hear from each of you so that we know you are well.

In the meantime, my paperwork is ready to be submitted to insurance so I should get my approval within the next couple weeks. So weird to have my last NUT appointment. I'm going to work really hard to keep up my weight loss between now and whenever I end up having surgery.

Edited by Seahawkgirl

I can't believe I will be sleeved in less than two weeks! I called my surgeon's office to confirm that I had all my ducks in a row and they told me I am good to go on June 15th! I can't believe this is happening so fast, even though when I started this process in Octobter it seemed like it would take forever. Enjoying this last week of eating my favorite food and trying to finish up all my favorite wines I have on hand. I start my pre-op diet on Monday which consists of 1000 calories a day followed by a liquid diet three days before surgery. Good luck eveyone, I am looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

On another note, my mom has come around, a little. She bought me a new robe for my hospital stay. She was not thrilled I was having this procedure, but at least now she will acknowledge it. See you on the losers bench!

@@Stacyc311 I'm on schedule to have my surgery on the 15th as well. I already had to start my pre-op diet on Monday. 2 shakes, 2 Protein Bars and a lean meat with a cup of vegetables and then I will have 1 day before surgery with Clear Liquids. Yay for your mom coming around! I'm hoping my mom will follow my lead and get the procedure done as well.

Well.... started this topic thinking I would be sleeved in June, then I thought July and now (due to a 10 day vacation in July) I am looking at August and considering waiting til September when my son goes back to school. I have mixed feelings as I am anxious to start my journey, but at the same time I want to have a stress free stretch of time to fully recover. I have seen a number of people who may be slipping to July, so maybe we can just be "impatiently waiting SUMMER sleevers!" I want this change to be for a lifetime, so in the greater scheme of things a few weeks is really meaningless.

So glad for those who have had or will have surgery this week. Hope to hear from each of you so that we know you are well.

In the meantime, my paperwork is ready to be submitted to insurance so I should get my approval within the next couple weeks. So weird to have my last NUT appointment. I'm going to work really hard to keep up my weight loss between now and whenever I end up having surgery.

I'm right there with you dear!! My paperwork was submitted to insurance May 26, and UHC received it May 28. It's a waiting game now. . . Doesn't look like I'll be June for me either - taking in account for two week pre-op diet plus a two-day liquid diet.

Impatiently waiting Summer Sleevers we are!! :-)

I may end up July at this rate. My insurance just received my paper work and my surgery is in a week ! I'm on liquids so fingers crossed that all goes through this week but I seriously doubt it I'll be in liquids for a month at this rate.

This is my third day on the Pre-op diet! I can't believe that I will be getting sleeved in a few weeks! Its going to go by fast, as next week is finals, camping and then surgery. They moved my date from June 15 to June 18, which will give me more time to recooporate after camping. I am nervous but so excited! I hope everyone has a good surgery and great recovery!! :)

@@Java91 Isn't it a crazy feeling? I keep thinking about what life is going to be like after being sleeved. I fell like I am going to have a completely different life, be a completely different person. I maybe wrong but that is what I am feeling right now, that is why I am nervous about surgery instead of being nervous about the surgery its self.

I know what you mean. I am nervous for the surgery though because I have never had one before. However, all the inspirational stories have really been motivating me, have they for you?

@@Java91 I may get nervous about the surgery as I get closer to my date (June 15) because I had a mini panic attack before my sleep study (all I had to do was sleep!) and before I got my EGD done. lol. So we will see what happens. But for now I am nervous/excited about all of the post-surgery changes in my life.

Yes, the inspirational stories have really been very motivating! It's really exciting to see them all!!

I have been pushed to July. I have tried to get in touch with the coordinator and she has yet to return my phone calls. I have left several messages and she hasn't called back. I just want to make sure she has everything she needs and if she has submitted it or not. Then I found out today that I have an H pylori infection so I am on antibiotics for 2 weeks and 4 weeks of omeprozole. So now I am looking at July 6...3 days before my 40th birthday.

I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet. June 16th is my day. Nervous but excited :)