Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

Hi, I'm self-pay(surgery is excluded by my insurance) and scheduled June 18...I'm a school Nurse so also doing this right after we get out for summer break...planning on having the summer to recoup and come up with a good story for when I come back to work looking super fabulous in the fall!!!

I may have to do this as well. I am managing a little better now, but still struggle as I feel that my nose is blocked by the mask at times. I may try the pillows again. Glad you are doing better with your CPAP :)

I picked up my CPAP and used it for the first time last night. It was a lot like sleeping with an octopus on my face, lol, but I am sure it will improve eventually. When I did sleep, it felt like a deeper sleep, so I do think this will be a good thing once I get use to it.

So glad to hear everyone is moving along nicely :).

I've had my cpap for almost a month now, and I had to switch out the nose mask for a nasal pillow. I'm liking that so much better!

@@Okinawa girl - Nice to meet you :)

@@charmia - Nice to meet you :)

Sorry for so many posts, but I am checking back in on our group and I am just not savvy enough to get them all into one post. lol... My NUT classes are now done, so that is one more item off the check list.

It is so great to have you all to share this journey with. It looks everyone is doing great. :)

I had my fourth weigh-in last Thursday - lost 2 lbs. I wasn't happy with that, but at least I didn't gain!

Two more appointments to go, and then it will be submitted to insurance for approval!

Ugh! This six month Dr. supervised weight loss program is taking forever!

I'll be finished my requirements by Friday, my appointment for the Psych evaluation was moved up, so now I am getting very nervous but excited. My surgeon said possibly June to be sleeved, but they are waiting for my insurance approval which happens after the psych evaluation. Good Luck everyone and thanks for sharing your stories, it really does help :)

Hi All-

I just met with my surgeon today, have NUT and Psych appointments the first week of May and then we're scheduling surgery for when my students leave school in June. Thank God for summer time off! I was pretty set on going with gastric bypass, but my surgeon recommended the sleeve- so that's what we'll do. I figure he's the professional :)

I'm 25, located in NC, by the way. No husband, no kids, just a boyfriend who is very supportive and promises not to be upset when my boobs shrink.

Gasto doctor today . The medical procedures completely terrify me . If I was going to back out that would be why lol hopefully I hold it together. Lol like never even had a cavity so major surgery sometimes freaks me out

I have my endoscopy on Thursday, I'm a little nervous! I've never been under anesthesia at all, so it'll be a first. The doctor made me feel really comfortable at the consult though, so I'm going to try to relax. Let us know how it goes!

I got my cardiac clearance yesterday, so this train is rollin!

how did your endoscopy go ? ! Mines April 23rd

Start my cardiac clearance and my at home sleeping study this week !

I am hoping to be a June sleever as well. May will be my 6th month, so hopefully, if all goes well, I will be in June. I am excited but have done little for myself to get ready. I am having a mental block on how I should be eating. I keep thinking that I will be restricted after surgery so enjoy now. That is so terrible to think this way. I have to lose 13 lbs and am starting on the 1st to do that. The wait isnt bothering me really, the not knowing if my insurance will approve after jumping through the requirement hoops is what is really hard for me.

Hi this is my first post, I have been lurking on here for awhile. I am 56, and have been married to my wonderful husband for 30 years in June, we have a 25 year old son.

I have my surgery scheduled for June 24. I have finished my nutritional counseling, and got clearance from the psychologist as well. I have been cleared by the cardiologist, and just got clearance from pulmonary today. My primary has been supervising my weight loss for the past year. I heard from the insurance company this week, and they approved my surgery.

I am equal parts excited and nervous!! LOL

I could have the surgery next month, but decided to wait as my husband and I are going on a cruise to Alaska to Celebrate our 30th Anniversary at the end of May.

I love this site, and really love all the support, so looking forward to joining the group :D

Welcome @nrexxma44!

Lucky you!! I've always wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska! My husband has always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise, but we've kind of slowed down after our last cruise in 2008.

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to be a June sleever as well, but it may be July depending on how long the insurance takes to approve. My 6th and last weigh-in through the physician-supervised program is May 6, and I've already gotten everything else checked off the list, so they'll submit right after updating that final weight. I met my surgeon this week and I'm so excited to move forward! I'm usually a pretty patient person but these last few months seem like they've been dragging...

June Sleever here. I wanted to be sleeved in May but because I have to do the 3 workshops once a week it pushed me further. Hoping to be sleeved early June

I'm hoping that I will be june, finished all 6 months of nutrition visit, did my psych, and I'm doing my sleep study today. Only have the upper GI xray left. Hoping all get approved and cleared by then.