Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op....

I was sleeved on 10 Feb and I have to say it wasn't bad at all. I did have to be pushed back because my surgeon was called into an emergency surgery right before me (I pray the patient lived). They gave me something in my IV to relax me and I remember nothing after that until the recovery room.

Hardest part of it all was all the needles. It's not normal but my veins aren't normal either. The IV "infiltrated" twice so I ended up with 3 different IVs. Then after the third they came to star blood but all my good veins were jacked up from all the IVs. Smh I cried and begged them not to stick me anymore but I'd still be there if I hadn't.

I'm home now and trying my best to get in my Protein. Suprisingly, nothing is disgusting so far. But I'm scared to drink because the full.feeling is the worst! I slept in a chair last night. Quite frankly my Ass hurts from sitting and laying so much :lol: (I have been walking some though) I'm dying for a shower but I'm freezing cold for some reason and the thought of being colder after the shower scares me :P

I'm feeling better every day. Trying not to take the pain meds they prescribed but I did fill it just in case.

My dad came in last night (I got home around noon yesterday) and before he said hi he says, "so how much weight have you lost"..... Lmao! It doesn't work that way dad! :lol::lol:

All in all, I'm glad I did this...so far :rolleyes:

I was sleeved on Feb 10th also! It has been easy for me to get all my liquids and Protein down but as of yesterday Im starting to get really hungry. I also can't tell when enough is enough when I am drinking. Its very frusterating trying to figure this all out. Im scared to push it and then get really full.

Its very frusterating trying to figure this all out. Im scared to push it and then get really full.

Im glad to hear I'm not the only one going through this!! Last night I was enjoying a delicious bowl of carrot Soup (4-5oz) and speaking on the phone to a Sleever friend of mine about not knowing when I feel full and stopping while I eat for fear that I'm unknowingly full. She told me that my body would react negatively when it's had enough. Sure enough, I stood up and felt like I had a boulder in my belly. I also had horrible gas pain in my back. The feeling passed rather quickly (in under five minutes) but I could only imagine it would be much worse if I were on solids.

Yay! Girl! I'm glad your doing so well. It's nice to be on the other Side finally huh?! Take care and take it easssssy!

@@Bruce Peter my doc prescribed oxycodone as well but in pill form. I have to crush it. I've only taken one since I've been home. In the hospital though, I took all they gave me. They had me on a morphine pump and I could push the button every 10 minutes. The first day I did but then I slowed down after that. Got some good sleep though lol

@laurenella82 Glad you are feeling well! Your dad sounds adorable :) Keep us posted!

@@Bruce Peter my doc prescribed oxycodone as well but in pill form. I have to crush it. I've only taken one since I've been home. In the hospital though, I took all they gave me. They had me on a morphine pump and I could push the button every 10 minutes. The first day I did but then I slowed down after that. Got some good sleep though lol

I have liquid Oxycodone. I've used it since I've been home because I'm a big pain wimp and I figure why should I be hurting if I don't need to? Anyway - when you can, take a tylenol with it. It will give you a headache alone and the tylenol helps with that as well as to activate - this combination is what percocet is...

@@laurenella82 - I had the same issue with an IV only they couldn't even get one started on me. I'm normally a challenging stick and being NPO since noon the day before didn't help. Thankfully I'm medically savvy enough that I told them "3 strikes your out." So the deal was if we couldn't get a vein they would do a PICC line. I hate them, but I didn't want to be a human pin cushion either. Sure enough I ended up with a PICC line. It was awkward having that thing on the side of my neck but it lasted the entire time I was in the hospital.

So glad things have gone well. I have my prep diet starting the 23rd with surgery the 9th. Hope mine goes as well". Congrats!

I have liquid Oxycodone. I've used it since I've been home because I'm a big pain wimp and I figure why should I be hurting if I don't need to? Anyway - when you can, take a tylenol with it. It will give you a headache alone and the tylenol helps with that as well as to activate - this combination is what percocet is...

I'm allergic to Tylenol :( I'm allergic to that, adoring and ibuprofen. I have to take narcodics for pretty much everything. That's why I try not to take anything. I'm a.pain whimp too lol

@@laurenella82 - I had the same issue with an IV only they couldn't even get one started on me. I'm normally a challenging stick and being NPO since noon the day before didn't help. Thankfully I'm medically savvy enough that I told them "3 strikes your out." So the deal was if we couldn't get a vein they would do a PICC line. I hate them, but I didn't want to be a human pin cushion either. Sure enough I ended up with a PICC line. It was awkward having that thing on the side of my neck but it lasted the entire time I was in the hospital.

NPO?? And no way in hell would I have let them put a needle in my neck! Lol but for the blood draw I git stuck in each hand and my shoulder (which is still bruised) before they were finally able to get blood from my wrist. And it was going so slow that they were scared the blood would start to clot.Smh

NPO - Nothing by mouth.

It's not exactly your neck. See this picture. I just wasn't going to continue to get stuck and nothing was working. it would have made me anxious and likely have blown anyway. If you've ever been bruised from a blown vein trust me, that PICC line would start to look good. They even got the little xray vein finder machine out and tried to find a vein. A PICC line was the safer alternative. If they needed a vein for an emergency situation they needed one that was stable. Considering the PICC line was the worse thing to happen to me, I'll take it .